You are Here:
Impressions Foil deck

Author (Read 2266 times)

Impressions Foil deck
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/makeplayingcards/impressions-foil-playing-cards/?ref=kicktraq

Next deck using impressions technology from MPC. This time with foiled backs. I just wish they'd do a nice tuckbox than giant MPC lettering they have been using.
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

Re: Impressions Foil deck
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Looks like the "impression" side is on the backs and not the faces this time.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I gotta hand it to Alex and the MPC team for trying out something new each time.

I had initially written MPC off due to the cutting of the cards and the tuck boxes for their first project... but their second project was a massive success, and now this one looks pretty darn cool.

I've heard that they've improved their cutting process, and so there may indeed be some notable improvement since their first deck... and so despite the tucks still looking somewhat amateur, I've gone in for a few decks, just to see what the quality is like.

Needless to say, I'll be comparing the end result of the foil on cards to EPCC decks such as the Exquisite bold and the 52+J deck. (I didn't like any of those two decks).

The foil on my 52+J deck was way off on most cards... and so I'm interested in seeing what the precision on these MPC decks will be like!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I'm impressed. MPC is persistent on succeeding. I think it's great they're doing kickstarter projects. If they can prove people will back their manufactured cards, producers will start seeing value in using them for their own deck projects. This project is a game changer for MPC as a brand and a company.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Has anyone handled the first impression deck? How is that compared to the normal deck?
Back for more

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've heard that the MPC decks have decent handling - better than some, not as good as others, and improved over their previous work.  I do have to say, though, that it looks like they're really trying to push the technological envelope in terms of what can be done with a pack of cards.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/makeplayingcards/impressions-foil-playing-cards/?ref=kicktraq

Next deck using impressions technology from MPC. This time with foiled backs. I just wish they'd do a nice tuckbox than giant MPC lettering they have been using.

It is their own branding after all. They could very well be the next "Bicycle" where everyone wants to put it on their custom decks. It is always good to see them push technology and keep trying new stuff, and i say they are on the right track. It may not be the best designed deck, but it is more of a showcase of the different stuff they can do to a deck of cards.

On a side note though, i do not have a good impression of MPC's customer service and shipping cost from their website. I'll just stick to their KS projects if i am really interested.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:56 PM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Nothing wrong with having branding I welcome that. Seeing more 'Legends branded decks is great. It's just the three big letters seems a little, well, not designery. If you get what I mean. They could perhaps use something better like MAKE with 'playing cards' underneath maybe? It's just a bit 'office stationary' as far as branding goes.
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:50:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Nothing wrong with having branding I welcome that. Seeing more 'Legends branded decks is great. It's just the three big letters seems a little, well, not designery. If you get what I mean. They could perhaps use something better like MAKE with 'playing cards' underneath maybe? It's just a bit 'office stationary' as far as branding goes.

So, MPC doesn't sound as nice as MAKE...just like USPC doesn't sound as nice as that mouthful of words...  :))  Or PCF, instead of - oh, what's the name of that place again?

Just messing' with ya!  It's an odd name, I'll grant you, but it seems to stick in people's minds - it's a name borne of necessity and the popularity of having a corporate web presence.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 07:22:34 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I am not sure how this gonna turn out, but I decided to back this one just to see how MPC is compared among the others.

MPC, I hope they improve a lot so we can have more option in the future.  :D
Back for more

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
As you already know, I'm a big fan of what they are churning out, and love the extra dimension of the raised design. I'm definitely in on this one. Foil with a raised/textured finish...I believe that it's going to turn out really well.