You are Here:
Greetations!

Author (Read 495 times)

Greetations!
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:16 PM »

musical_racket

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Cards Cards and Cards!
Hello everyone! I am Daniel McKinley. I have been a playing card collector for many years now and I love sharing my knowledge. I am from New Mexico in the U.S. and I seems to be one of the few collectors in the area.

I am a member of 52plusjoker and a professional magician as well.

I was referred by a fellow member, Tom Dawson to join the forum, so here I am! I look forward to meeting you all and talking cards.

Finally, I am actually writing a book about modern playing card collecting. its currently sitting at about 175 pages and has interviews from Tom & Judy Dawson, Lee Asher, Dave Buck, Owen Packard, and Paul Carpenter! I have been considering doing a run of the books on Kickstarter for a while. I will post more about it later if anyone is interested. But please let me know which topic would be the best to post this under. Thanks again!
If you like playing cards.....Awesome!

Re: Greetations!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome Daniel, nice of you to join us. Its always great to get another member in the know, lol. I would also be very interested in seeing and reading that book of yours  ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay!

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Hey Daniel. Glad you joined. It's awesome to see so many new members with years of experience. 

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:57:39 PM by DarkDerp »
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Daniel, welcome aboard!  Remind Tom or Lee that you're a 52+J member in PM (private message) here so you can get your proper rank.

I'd love to hear more about your book project.  You could create a topic for it if you'd like - drop it in the Playing Card Plethora; it's the closest thing to a good fit we have here.

Please, feel free to ask questions.  You probably know the old expression about "the only dumb question, etc."  The gang around here, both 52+J members and non-members, are all rather friendly and helpful, particularly the staff.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Daniel - glad you got here and will soon get you fixed up with your 52+J rank. Lots of info here and spirited discussion both for contemporary cards and vintage/antique. A little livelier than the Forum on the Club website!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »

musical_racket

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Cards Cards and Cards!
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome. Love collecting cards, and I can't wait to continue! Thank you Tom and Don for changing my status to 52+J member!

Sparkz, I just posted a new forum about it, thank you for the interest!
If you like playing cards.....Awesome!