You are Here:
New Virts offerings

Author (Read 10756 times)

New Virts offerings
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
A new virts deck is going to be available soon!
Got an email off them saying on the 19th December I will get the chance to order them, I guess you guys will too :')

Photos attached:

-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

Re: New Virts offerings
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Hopefully it's a bit more than just a Virtuoso deck V2 (ie minor changes to the original). I love the original, but I'm done with buying every edition of every deck.
- Tom

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
"P.S. This information is for your eyes only and you won't see anything about it on our website or Facebook. We're trying to keep this "within the family" so to speak, so do keep this information to yourself. :)"

YOU BETRAYED HURON'S TRUST HOW COULD YOU

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »

nicknamehere

• Newcomer
Hopefully it's a bit more than just a Virtuoso deck V2 (ie minor changes to the original). I love the original, but I'm done with buying every edition of every deck.

"Oh, and one last thing. If you think we simply changed the red color of the first deck to blue, you're wrong. ;)"

I suppose we'll see.The Virts are pretty good at the hype train business though.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
So much for their request to "keep it on the down low".

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
I thought it would be okay to post here but with my rep drop I think not :')

-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
So much for their request to "keep it on the down low".

Huron's making a list and he's checking it twice. Don't worry, Huron knows who's been naughty and nice. Benny's not getting new virtuoso decks this Christmas, just a stocking full of coal. LMAO

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
It doesn't  really matter if he notified us, seems people are going to get a private link next week. If the link was posted, I'd understand the break of trust there lol
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 06:37:17 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:39 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
It doesn't  really matter if he notified us, seems people are going to get a private link next week. If the link was posted, I'd understand the break of trust there lol

I don't know that I'm quite buying that since it says "keep it to yourself". This post is going to build incentive for someone who is not getting an email to ask for the link or get it posted publicly.

He could have edited and can still edit to remove if he wants to do the right thing. I guess at this point that's asking too much of him since he can't read directions anyway.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I had one poster disagree with something I said once and he knocked me down about 6 rep points. I hadn't even noticed it before then. I think that it has at least recovered to a positive number now, but I have no idea what it matters though. I haven't list any sleep about it! ;-)

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

I don't know that I'm quite buying that since it says "keep it to yourself". This post is going to build incentive for someone who is not getting an email to ask for the link or get it posted publicly.

He could have edited and can still edit to remove if he wants to do the right thing. I guess at this point that's asking too much of him since he can't read directions anyway.

Ellusionist did the same with a "secret email" regarding the white LTDs, within seconds it was posted on the forums but no one gave grief about that.
If someone does ask for a link, who's to say it'll actually be given out?! If anything, this is good for virts, potentially get more people to join their mailing list.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular

-Benny

I'm of the belief that information is meant to be open and spread freely.  If they didn't want word getting out, they wouldn't have advertised it at all. 

This whole, "keep it on the DL" thing is just a hype machine and it's worked, after all, we're all talking about their product aren't we?  Just another marketing ploy.
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »

DJT

Actually I didn't get a secret e-mail about the White LTD, it was a secret sale that happened they just didn't announce it to everyone.  Those who found it they said they "recommend" not telling everyone, slightly different wording.

But in reality, do you honestly think the Virts really want you to be quiet about a new release?  They "do" but they "don't"  ;) if you know what I mean,  at the end of the day they are in it to sell some decks and their brand.

It's like telling your 5 year old kid - "Hey son, I left some pizza in the fridge and it's super good.  Please don't eat it"  Guess what he is going to do.

Great marketing, plain and simple. But lets hang the guys who posted about the "New Virts" deck and while we are at it the White LTD - oh wait...  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:29:29 PM by DJT »

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:52 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

-Benny

Who cares about reputation. Mine has gone UP and DOWN more times then the stock market. Even though I disagree with the post, reputation should not stop you from your opinion.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
"P.S. This information is for your eyes only and you won't see anything about it on our website or Facebook. We're trying to keep this "within the family" so to speak, so do keep this information to yourself. :)"

YOU BETRAYED HURON'S TRUST HOW COULD YOU

Teeheehee. I loled.

But I was a bit disappointed with how the last decks handled. The design was marvelous...but the deck clumped in my hands. I have OCD so I wash my hands all the time...and I don't think it's my sweat because my other decks don't clump. Might be the finish or ink used...

Come to think about it, the only decks that have clumped for me are the ones produced since the USPCC moved to Kentucky. Hmmmmmm...
Broke for cards

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If there's one thing I've learned about the playing card business and community, it's that if someone tells you to keep a secret, you KEEP THE SECRET.  Once you become known as the guy who can't keep a secret, you also become the guy no one trusts with secrets anymore...  Hell, I'm sittin' on a doozy right now!  :))

But I was a bit disappointed with how the last decks handled. The design was marvelous...but the deck clumped in my hands. I have OCD so I wash my hands all the time...and I don't think it's my sweat because my other decks don't clump. Might be the finish or ink used...

Come to think about it, the only decks that have clumped for me are the ones produced since the USPCC moved to Kentucky. Hmmmmmm...

Yours could be an isolated case - it happens.  USPC did have a period of about a year and a half running from late 2009 through 2010 where the decks were coming out a bit rough.  We refer to it these days as the shakedown period.  It was a matter of the print staff getting the kinks out of the new machines at the newly-opened Erlanger, KY plant.  Nowadays, their quality on all but off-the-shelf Rider Backs is noticeably higher than the last of the Cincinnati, OH plant's output.  Combine that with Magic Finish and the new decks rarely have issues.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

-Benny
Says the person with a -8 repuation. ;)
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
If there's one thing I've learned about the playing card business and community, it's that if someone tells you to keep a secret, you KEEP THE SECRET.  Once you become known as the guy who can't keep a secret, you also become the guy no one trusts with secrets anymore...  Hell, I'm sittin' on a doozy right now!  :))

Yours could be an isolated case - it happens.  USPC did have a period of about a year and a half running from late 2009 through 2010 where the decks were coming out a bit rough.  We refer to it these days as the shakedown period.  It was a matter of the print staff getting the kinks out of the new machines at the newly-opened Erlanger, KY plant.  Nowadays, their quality on all but off-the-shelf Rider Backs is noticeably higher than the last of the Cincinnati, OH plant's output.  Combine that with Magic Finish and the new decks rarely have issues.

I have started to highlight post like this incase Don has one of his white written secrets. No luck :( I thought the virts was nice but could not afford it at the time. Now I am not buying any new decks, broke it for the sherlock holmes decks, I mean pass on that guys art - no way.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
If you don't advertise that something is for sale, it kind of hurts sales a bit! I think that's business class day one! :-)

I think that I will just build my next house out of all of my decks, you know, use them as bricks. I probably up to the point where I could build a nice 6 bedroom house. Luckily, my wife hasn't seen my entire collection all at once. If she does, you'll probably see my obituary posted on here, and a seller on eBay selling tons of bricks really cheap!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:20:37 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I'm on their mailing list but have never received one e-mail from them.  I'm guessing that e-mail might be for people that had already purchased decks through their website.  The rich get richer!! 
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
I'm on their mailing list but have never received one e-mail from them.  I'm guessing that e-mail might be for people that had already purchased decks through their website.  The rich get richer!!
I certainly wouldn't say the rich are getting richer here… They simply bought something from them before and are receiving a reward for being a customer. Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

They get first dibs, it's going to be released to the public a week later.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

Haha sorry I was being slightly sarcastic, though I would be curious to get my hands on a Virts deck for the first time.

As far as them being released to the public a week later - where does it say that?  I thought it said in his e-mail that they were coming Spring/Summer 2014.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

Haha sorry I was being slightly sarcastic, though I would be curious to get my hands on a Virts deck for the first time.

As far as them being released to the public a week later - where does it say that?  I thought it said in his e-mail that they were coming Spring/Summer 2014.

You're right, my bad. I read a week away and confused myself lol

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
Whoa looks like I'm not popular for this one!
I didn't mean to cause a big upset over this, I wanted to tell everyone in-case they didn't get the email :')
It's a crazy rep drop for the and Don I am sorry for posting this :)

-Benny
Derren Brown

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

therealmackay

• True Member
Intriguing blue box then.

Bold font - hope they go with a bold redesign! Could be interesting!

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Intriguing blue box then.

Bold font - hope they go with a bold redesign! Could be interesting!

I'm hoping they leave the faces, suites and pips alone. A new geometric configuration to the back design would be welcomed.

I thought the red launch edition was very good. In fact I consider it a strong contender for deck of the year. I hope based on that, The Virts don't do anything to damage the brand.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:13:07 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Wow!  So much for honoring a simple request....not sure what part of "This information is for your eyes only...so keep this information to yourself." is difficult to understand.   

Here's another reminder "do not give the private order link when I send it to you"

There is a reason some of us are receiving this email and others are not.  Those of us who were fortunate enough to receive these private emails should be able to benefit from Huron's generosity. 

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Wow!  So much for honoring a simple request....not sure what part of "This information is for your eyes only...so keep this information to yourself." is difficult to understand.   

Here's another reminder "do not give the private order link when I send it to you"

There is a reason some of us are receiving this email and others are not.  Those of us who were fortunate enough to receive these private emails should be able to benefit from Huron's generosity.

The kid (Benny) feels bad enough. We have been through this already. I'm not saying anything that was not already mentioned by someone else here. Let's not go there.

Nobody will post any link.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:11:51 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Ba I'm so mad that you "leaked" info that in no way the virts wanted people knowing! They wanted their deck to be completely unknown!

Yeah. The virts I NO WAY thought this would get out. Lol. I'm about to post the pics they sente just to piss of idiots.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
Guys I'm really sorry about this
I made a bad decision posting this and I'm going to take a break from the forums for a bit.

I have a tough time fitting in with anything or anyone so when I realised no-one had posted this I decided it would be an opportunity to start up discussion on both the old and the new virts decks.
I can see this might not have been the greatest judgement and I am sorry for those I have offended or upset with this.

Talk to you all in the new year

-Benny
Derren Brown

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Benny: Seriously, this is not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. It wasn't a personal email, and you didn't post any links (not that there were any anyway). I'm pretty sure The Virts won't mind extra publicity for their next deck.

Some people just take things too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:54:17 PM by MagikFingerz »
- Tom

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Benny: Seriously, this is not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. It wasn't a personal email, and you didn't post any links (not that there were any anyway). I'm pretty sure The Virts won't mind extra publicity for their next deck.

+1 to this. The Virts are not completely oblivious to how the internet works. It's almost a guarantee that they expected their public email to be shared, it would be extremely naive to have thought otherwise. It's not like this email was sent only to you Benny, this information would have gotten to the board one way or another. There are and have been secrets that I have to keep, all of those have come from personal requests, not a mass ( even if it was a small-ish number ) email that I happened to be part of because I am a good customer. Also, looks like your rep is back into the positive numbers.

Don't feel bad Benny and feel free to participate prior to the new year, if not, have a great holiday season :)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:21:56 PM by Curt »

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU

Plus another. Don't let some jackass white knights of the internet get to you. This is a playing card forum and you posted relevant information; that's all.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular
Count me as another one that supports ya Benny.  That email was a big red button that said, "Do not press."  Of course it's going to get spread around, and I would just about guarantee that the people that worded that email knew it would.  What better way to drum up some hype and excitement than by telling everyone they're a member of the super-secret squirrel club?  Hell, if I had received it, I know i would've posted it.

Can't believe how some people here are ready to crucify the guy for posting an email...   >:(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:18:31 PM by chach »
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
My 2 cents on internet confidentiality:

I don't think Benny was is the wrong at all. It's not like he slathered leaked photos on Facebook, pestered the Virts for a peek, or even posted a sales link. The original post was just a friendly FYI. Not even a very intriguing teaser. But if you give people "private" photos via email, you should expect them to leak. Expecting them 1000+ people to keep something as cool as this on the down-low is like Nixon releasing the Watergate tapes to the NY Times and expecting them to stay quiet.

Risking getting flamed/rep dropped, I will say that they released full pics of the back design today, and they're MUCH more innovative than a Red-Blue color change. They look stunning. (Not posting pics, because I feel that would be leaking a bit too much.)

If you haven't signed up, I'd get on their newsletter.

http://www.thevirts.com/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:26:06 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Dude I would have done the same thing, honestly I might have goten the e-mail, I trash most of them cause I just dont care as much as I use to. When I get info from club 808 I don't think I am suppose to since the articles and new deck information is a members only thing, but I do.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
From Huron's latest email:

"PS. Wow that was fast. Hours after I sent out that last email, word about the new Virtuoso deck started spreading like crazy! We've been getting emails from card flourishers and wholesalers asking if they can get access to this deck early as well. The craziest thing is that we haven't even revealed the deck until today. Haha so much for trying to keep this private launch as low key as possible."

He sounds absolutely devastated, doesn't he?  ::)

Anyway, back on topic (without spoilers): Not too sure about the new look. It might grow on me, but it looks a bit strange. It's certainly new and unique though, so that's good.
- Tom

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Posting that information is an easy oversight...and probably exactly what Virts wanted to happen in order to generate more hype. The most important thing is not sharing the link that is to be provided in the future and nobody here will do that.

Walk it off Benny, not a huge deal at all...it's just an email.  It's easy to miss these things when there is exciting news in a long email...I may have done the same thing had I not re-read the email.  Look at the bright side of things...we have early access to some pretty great cards. 

Happy Holidays.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
I hope nobody shares the order link coming in the next email though. Well at least not until I've ordered a few. ;D

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
From Huron's latest email:

"PS. Wow that was fast. Hours after I sent out that last email, word about the new Virtuoso deck started spreading like crazy! We've been getting emails from card flourishers and wholesalers asking if they can get access to this deck early as well. The craziest thing is that we haven't even revealed the deck until today. Haha so much for trying to keep this private launch as low key as possible."

He sounds absolutely devastated, doesn't he?  ::)

Anyway, back on topic (without spoilers): Not too sure about the new look. It might grow on me, but it looks a bit strange. It's certainly new and unique though, so that's good.

It kinda reminds me of Portal. The new colors look sweet with the aperture-like back design.

Then again, Portal is one of my favorite games. And if they match the court colors with the back, it'll look even more awesome.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

volantangel

• True Member
I hope nobody shares the order link coming in the next email though. Well at least not until I've ordered a few. ;D

Haha order some for me. i hope they will provide cheaper shipping to singapore again.

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
If everyone would be kind enough to hold off on ordering until I can get my order in first, then you can order as many as you'd like!

;-))

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Guys I'm really sorry about this
I made a bad decision posting this and I'm going to take a break from the forums for a bit.

I have a tough time fitting in with anything or anyone so when I realised no-one had posted this I decided it would be an opportunity to start up discussion on both the old and the new virts decks.
I can see this might not have been the greatest judgement and I am sorry for those I have offended or upset with this.

Talk to you all in the new year

-Benny

Benny, there's no need for a hiatus just because of that.  It's not like they had you sign a non-disclosure agreement or anything like that, right?  It's looking more and more like it was an intentional release which they knew would be publicly leaked and provide them with all sorts of hype for their new deck.  So don't sweat it.  You've just been made a part of their hype machine!  You should feel honored!  :))

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 04:04:49 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

meh, honestly i have been cried when i saw these pics  :mindf-ck:

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:28 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Errrrrm... We're just about to release our review on the originals (which we love) but woah!
I'm kinda staggered. It's striking to say the least. Maybe it'll grow on me... but I withhold any further judgement.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:57:30 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 06:34:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Wow - someone's been channeling Jerry's Nuggets...  I'm not entirely sure I like these.  Call me crazy, but while Jerry's may reportedly handle like a dream, to me, there's also ugly as sin.

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm amazed with the colour scheme! Gorgeous and original. Congratulations to the designers.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Taking a closer look, I have some concerns about the deck that will be revealed soon. This might be one of those "bought the 1st edition so I will buy version 2". Don't be surprised about a price increase from the launch edition.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:57:27 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
As far as the Virts v2 are concerned, I'll wait to hear about the handling compared to the v1 and if everything is the same I think I'll go with the originals thank you very much.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:51:14 PM by HandSkillz »

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't look good in those colors?

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

You most definitely are not the only one.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »

John Spade

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

I do see where they were going with the Spring/Summer vibe, but it looks a bit too "sporty" for me. So yea, I agree with you.

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
I personally like the redone color scheme. I'm a big fan of bold and vibrant colors.

I can understand why some may not like them...as this is a deck for flourishing more than anything else.
Broke for cards

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

YESSSSSSSS the re-designed pips have save the deck i love  :D

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's more like the pip LAYOUTS are redesigned.

Show me the courts, I say...

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

If you liked the launch edition, you will NOT be disappointed with the court cards of this deck. I won't say the pip layout saved the deck. It's innovation is cardistry and it works for this deck. If your going to redesign the pip layout for the purposes of cardistry, why use pips at all for that matter. Is this a deck you would use for poker or magic? You could but I wouldn't.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:30:33 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 08:37:54 AM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular

Here ya go.

- Tom

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think they have done a really nice job with this deck. The updates are, FINALLY, not boringly predictable. Yes the colors are not typical but that is precisely the point. How many decks are there are the market that are red and then, boy howdy they come out with a color change and it's blue. <coughFontainecough>

Having some unique design and small subtle improvements to an already really nice deck make it quite a lot better. I think the Virts should be applauded for trying something new.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Anyone with the link know how much they cost?

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
The link does not come out until tonite  and we get the deck at $8.95.  $9.95 will be the regular price at launch

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Is it ok or not ok to ask someone to buy me a deck haha?  If it is ok I'll give them my shipping address and can hook-up a payment ASAP with paypal, if not then I'll drop it.

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
If I buy a bunch of extras, I will let you know

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Is it ok or not ok to ask someone to buy me a deck haha?  If it is ok I'll give them my shipping address and can hook-up a payment ASAP with paypal, if not then I'll drop it.

I don't see myself buying these. Its not a deck I will end up using too much and they are still on the high end of the costume deck pricing scale.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:56:20 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:52 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I was considering adding on an uncut but wow, not at that price!

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I feel so left out :(

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I feel so left out :(

Don't. It's not worth it. I feel like I'm looking at Summer NOC Decks. They did me a favor and saved me some money.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:11:50 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
I was going to take 5  but settled for 3

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I always like new and different. Be thankful. At least it's not blue/orange/grey Cthulhu decks!

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I still want a deck

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:39 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I got a pair.

I might use one for a portal themed cardistry video, and I might trade the other one off.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
could someone please post prices for the decks and international shipping :)
Thanks in advance!
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 08:46:38 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
$8.95 single deck with free poster pack (pdf file print at home)
$17.90    2 decks with poster pack
$26.85    3 decks with poster pack
$44.75    5 decks with poster pack and free faro tutorial
$99.95    12 decks with poster pack and free faro tutorials

You also have tutorials ranging from $4 to $8  or you can buy the 4 pack tutorial for a discount

he has 35 uncut sheets going for $77.  I am not going to do all permutations for shipping prices international  but for a brick it's $26.5 shipping and for one deck it is $14 international. By the way those shipping prices are international  he has different prices for Canada

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:47:28 AM by badpete69 »

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 09:33:28 AM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular

You also have tutorials ranging from $4 to $8  or you can buy the 4 pack tutorial for a discount

he has 35 uncut sheets going for $77.  I am not going to do all permutations for shipping prices international  but for a brick it's $26.5 shipping and for one deck it is $14 international. By the way those shipping prices are international  he has different prices for Canada

I paid $16 international for 3 decks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:34:10 AM by MagikFingerz »
- Tom

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Ninja found the link, got 5 decks (came with "poster pack" and faro + cascade tutorial), paid for "top of the list" order since I'm going out of town.  Total cost $56.20.  Selling two decks at cost+shipping to a buddy so that's about $22.50.  Will use one deck, keep one sealed, and either trade or sell the last deck.

I'll tell you what, at first the design threw me off a bit but after hitting up the link and seeing them briefly in action, I'm excited about these cards.  Plus I don't have a version of the originals so it'll be nice to have some Virts.

Also, the uncuts are some the coolest I've seen (what are your favorites), but $77 is pushing it for me.  It's too bad, because if they were $30-35 I would buy them in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:01:41 AM by HandSkillz »

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I always like new and different. Be thankful. At least it's not blue/orange/grey Cthulhu decks!

I think Blue Black and Grey would have been nicer. The black ties it into the launch edition and provides better contrast and depth with the mid-tone blue and lite grey.

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator

Thanks!
hmmm i would like to buy 3 decks from them.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:17 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
These might be great for cardist, but I don't like these or the V1s. They just don't appeal to me in the least. To each his own I guess.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 03:27:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
These might be great for cardist, but I don't like these or the V1s. They just don't appeal to me in the least. To each his own I guess.

I didn't like the v1 deck off the bat, but those courts grew on me.  They're kind of cute and don't look like senior citizens that were born circa 1695.

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 12:51:31 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I didn't like the v1 deck off the bat, but those courts grew on me.  They're kind of cute and don't look like senior citizens that were born circa 1695.

The Launch Edition took me by surprise. At first I past it by, just another deck. The more I saw of it's unique geometric back design, I started to realize it was a special deck of playing cards. The brand, the decks intended cardistry function and traditional French European court cards all worked well together. They really simplified a great concept to the bare bones. You could not ask for a more perfect deck as a launching point for The Virts.

The S/S 2014 deck. They got the 3 color idea right. More then just a Blue color change. I just think they picked the wrong colors and the wrong branding. It does irk me that these colors (orange/blue) and name (spring/summer) follow The Blue Crown "Summer" Club release of the "Orange" and Light "Blue" NOC Decks. I can't help but make that association, when the association should be the with Launch Edition deck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:56:27 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Got my notice that the decks shipped today!! Sadly, I'll be out of town for the next two weeks.  Guess they'll be waiting here for me when I get home!

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Jesus, that was fast.

They actually arrived today... The day I got the shipping notification.

I've got to say, they look awesome. The borders are ULTRA thin. Although, the stock and finish seem more akin to standard Bicycle stock and finish than the originals. I think the launch edition was a bit stiffer, and had better static friction. Then again, these ones do faro much easier.

Sorry for the cruddy image quality. My camera broke, so I have to use my webcam.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2013, 02:40:32 AM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Glad to hear they didn't delay the crap out of shipping like last time.

Broke for cards

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
The blue and orange coloring might look weird at first,  but I think it makes sense if they were thinking along the lines of complimentary colors,  which are opposite each other on the color wheel: red & green,  yellow & purple,  blue & orange. These color pairs are supposed to look good together.  I've seen a lot of packaging for products designed with these in mind. A Kate Spade wallet I bought for my mother came in an orange and light blue box and I thought it looked really nice. Maybe it's just the wrong shade of blue paired with orange or the wrong shade of orange paired with blue... 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:54:59 AM by Sher143 »

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 08:18:17 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
The blue and orange coloring might look weird at first,  but I think it makes sense if they were thinking along the lines of complimentary colors,  which are opposite each other on the color wheel: red & green,  yellow & purple,  blue & orange. These color pairs are supposed to look good together.  I've seen a lot of packaging for products designed with these in mind. A Kate Spade wallet I bought for my mother came in an orange and light blue box and I thought it looked really nice. Maybe it's just the wrong shade of blue paired with orange or the wrong shade of orange paired with blue...

It's been a bad decade for Blue and Orange New York sports teams.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:12:41 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I received my speedily after receiving shipping confirmation as well, although not on the same day. Happy with the deck to say the least though.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:15 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
After seeing some of the reviews of this deck, I did end up picking some up. I was pleased to see how Virtuoso explains the color selection on one of the ad cards. Also I got to see more of the new aligned number cards then what The Virts officially posted

I believe these are now available to the public. Google has picked it up in its search. However I do have the email and used the link provided.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:24:49 PM by !An0nym0u5 »