You are Here:
Old Arrco - True Story

Author (Read 6198 times)

Old Arrco - True Story
« on: March 02, 2020, 03:42:02 AM »

the.asics.kid

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
A friend of mine gave me these Arrco cards that he found in a German(!) thrift store - what a long journey they must have had :).
They are Bridge sized, gold gilded and have a smooth finish. Courts and number cards are Arrco standard with a red/yellow colour palette. The tuck box is a match box like one and not a standard tuck. Besides that I don't know anything about them. Can someone give any further infos like print date or something? Thanks in advance and ignore the ugly rug, lol.
- anima sana in corpore sano  /  What a joy to roam this valley of broken souls -

Re: Old Arrco - True Story
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »

skinny

• Forum Regular
True Story magazine has a LONG life.

The way "True" is above the word "Story," the type used, the woman's style, and the block of solid color surrounding the words puts this right in the middle of the 1950s, 1951-1959 on a quick search for similar style "True Story" magazine covers.

Re: Old Arrco - True Story
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 05:27:48 AM »

the.asics.kid

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Thanks a lot. It seems to be indeed a deck printed for said magazine. There is a colour flipped version of that deck too.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:28:50 AM by the.asics.kid »
- anima sana in corpore sano  /  What a joy to roam this valley of broken souls -