My new deck of cards with a 180˚ rotate element

Author (Read 12206 times)

My new deck of cards with a 180˚ rotate element
« on: June 23, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »

pagetwenysix

• Newcomer
Hi guys,

I have a new project launching soon and thought I would share -

HOW DOES THE 180˚ DECK® WORK? - The 180˚ Deck® has two simple card choices on every card in the 52 deck (Plus two jokers), The top left is always your card in play (Like a regular deck) the difference with The 180˚ Deck® is that you get two choices on how you want to play that card when turning it 180˚. The bottom right diagonal choice is shown underneath to indicate what the 180˚ turn would change your card into.

FOR EXAMPLE - Here is the two of hearts, its the two of hearts as its sitting in the top left when held this way. Underneath it's showing me the other card of choice. So this card also has the potential to be the ace of diamonds if I rotate it 180˚.

So depending what game you're playing you can rotate any card to whatever is going to give you the best chance of winning.
180˚ Rotations can be changed any number of times in the course of play

WHATS THE RULES? -
Apart from explaining the mechanics of The 180˚ Deck® above. There are no specific rules. We encourage you to create your own.

The reason for this is The 180˚ Deck® is so unique and it's yours to make your own. It doesn't come with a rule book, it's up to how you choose to play. We have tested the most popular card games and in different groups players quickly decided how they would like to play and we found different groups testing the deck added their own new rules to how they would play Poker, Hearts and even Snap so we left it open to interpretation. 

WHY THE 180˚ DECK?
One thing was in common was all the groups testing the deck loved playing with The 180˚ Deck® as it makes old card games new and exciting again, but that's only half the fun... with over ten thousand card games you can choose what games work for you, test them yourself and change the rules your way the opportunities are endless!  This deck lets you create new rules with old games. With ten thousand off games  create new games with friends and family.

Re: My new deck of cards with a 180˚ rotate element
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It sounds like it could be a tricky thing to use in a practical game - have you tested it yourself yet?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:21 PM »

pagetwenysix

• Newcomer
Hi Don,

Yes we have tried and tested plenty of times. We have also created our own games exclusive for this deck. We have just launched on KS here is the link if you are interested. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/962509998/the-180-deck-play-all-new-card-games-and-reinvent-classics

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:34:43 PM »

Dufus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Collector of U.S. playing cards 1930s or earlier.
Those 180s are interesting.  I have an old set of pepper playing cards that are similar, but not the same.  Check them out.  c1926
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:50:20 PM by Dufus »