You are Here:
Thoughts on best quality card manufacturers?

Author (Read 11661 times)

Thoughts on best quality card manufacturers?
« on: October 01, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a new highly intricate detailed, fully custom set of playing cards (yet to be revealed) that I am hoping to be able to produce to the highest standards possible for the collectable playing card market and hoping to hear your thoughts and opinions.  These designs I feel are deserving of the best in quality, quality of which I will hopefully be able to deliver in the near future as more support for my designs grows and more funds become available to me.  So If you were planning on producing, looking to purchase, or hoping to see from a deck of cards being launched on Kickstarter, as a new premium deck of cards of highest quality to add to your deck collection, which card manufacturer would you consider as the best for offering highest quality, along with which card stock you would consider as the highest quality that you would want the cards to be made from?.  I would like the deck to include all the extras, such as foil box seals, embossed tuck case, Mettalic inks, printed inner tuck case etc, and the design is one that I am hoping everyone will appreciate for it's level of detail and would like it produced to the highest standards possible for a deck of playing cards.

I am also considering sharing my finished deck design by collaborating with another card designer to help produce my finished product with their extended skills in launching decks of such quality, and if there are also any other top card designers on here that would be interested in this opportunity, feel free to send me an email to mr_maidment2@hotmail.com .  I will be taking care of all of the card designing, promotional images, product samples, Kickstarter page presentation etc that I assure you will all be to the highest standard that you can be proud to be a part of, and all you will have to do is help guide me in the best direction to assist me with producing the deck to the highest quality possible with your extended knowledge and skills in the industry for producing premium decks with all the extras included. I will be happy extend my offer for a % of funds raised for your efforts in helping me to create this deck.  Currently I am considering Legends Playing Card Company as from my research so far, their quality is top notch, plus they seem easy to work with.  Your thoughts?

P.S This new deck is planned to be launched after I finish launching the Silver Dragon (Currently on Kickstarter), Gold Dragon and a Limited Edition Turning Japanese deck to finish off my first deck series since starting out as custom playing card designer.  By this stage I will hopefully have enough funding and support to help raise the extra funds needed to launch a premium deck of highest quality possible with all the extras and I will be investing extra time and money to finish preparing the highly intricate details that will be present throughout the design.  I will be taking everything I have learned so far in card designing to the next level to bring you my greatest masterpiece yet, and it will be a deck that I hope other card designers will be proud to be a part of by collaborating with me to launch it on Kickstarter and help to guide me with it's production.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, opinions and help with making this next dream of mine a reality, and if all goes well this deck will be launching in early 2020 :) 
So stay tuned for updates and reveals......
Best Regards,
Craig
CLCPC Studio 52

P.S If you would like to help see this deck become a reality, please help by supporting us :D
You can do so by following all of our deck developments at -
- Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/CLCPC-Studio-52-1470532589645424/ 
- Studio Website - https://www.customplayingcardsclcpcstudio52.com/
- Black Dragon Inner Circle - https://www.blackdragoninnercircle.com/
as well as clicking the 'Follow Creator' button on Kickstarter at - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/754282482/silver-dragon-playing-cards-standard-edition-magic?ref=9wi0hu
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 06:14:43 AM by CLCPC Studio 52 »

Re: Thoughts on best quality card manufacturers?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 01:12:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Legends and Expert PCC are both top-notch playing card manufacturers, for certain.

It would be difficult to top Oath Playing Cards, owned and operated by card designer Lotrek in Greece.  Last year, his Golden Oath deck won the 2017 Diamond Award for Playing Card Deck of the Year.  It was printed on an all-black, matte-finish stock using three different colors of metallic foil and not a single drop of ink.  At retail, they sold for I think $90 a deck and sold out very, very quickly - the after market prices for them are well in the triple digits.  I don't know what his availability would be, however, nor what his services would cost - I can't imagine they'd be cheap for the highest end work.

Bocopo Playing Cards has been making a big splash with their recent work on Luna Moon/Helius Sun - they make a most unique box, unlike traditional tuck boxes in every sense.  They typically print their decks with USPC, but for this project, their premium boxes are something they sourced elsewhere.

Good luck to you!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Thoughts on best quality card manufacturers?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 03:47:46 AM »

CLCPC Studio 52

• True Member
Hi Don!,
Thanks so much for your reply!,
I agree with you on Oath Playing Cards for sure, and Lotreks Golden Oath deck is definately a sight to behold!, as are all of his decks, and their level of quality is definitely in line with what I would be hoping to be able to achieve.... although I think I would be limited to some degree in being able to achieve that extra level of customisation for the tuck boxes that applies with the Oath Decks, unless working directly with Lotrek to achieve this added level customisation.  I'm thinking when the time is right, Lotrek will be one of the designers that I will present my completed design to and kindly ask for his expertise in designing decks, and hopefully he might like to jump on board and assist me with achieving the best quality deck that I would be able to produce with that extra guidance...... One option I am just thinking of is to completely finish the deck design ready to develop through Legends or Expert PCC first and then seek the assistance of Lotrek to have a Limited Edition Tuck box version of the deck created, along with foil ink versions of cards to then package as a limited edition version of the deck to achieve that added level of customisation. This way I will still be able to have a version of the deck ready to produce either way and still to a high level of quality by going through Legends or Expert PCC, and If Lotrek would like to collaborate with me in extending the decks production further to be able to include a limited Edition version with all the extras, that would be an awesome addition to the project! :D.

Thanks so much again for your comments Don and for your help with this new deck development, I think you have really helped to bring some great options to light for creating this deck and I can't wait to get to work on having it produced to the highest quality standards that may become available to me in the near future!

Best Regards,
Craig
CLCPC Studio 52