You are Here:
5th Kingdom Semi-transformative Deck WIP on Behance

Author (Read 12379 times)

5th Kingdom Semi-transformative Deck WIP on Behance
« on: May 03, 2018, 04:24:41 PM »

PipChick

• Newcomer
Hi all,

so, I recently came across an artist's work on Behance that is of a nearly complete deck design (actually quite well designed IMHO) and I shared her work on UC (thread here: https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11517) and contacted her to inquire if she was considering to have the deck produced or to launch a KS to raise funds to do so.

She's based in Russia and says she has none of the technical knowledge needed for production and asked for guidance in making her deck concept a reality.

Problem is, as much as I'd love to help her, I don't have any of the experience or know-how to even begin to point her in the right direction, yet alone give her guidance in any way. But, I thought maybe someone on here does and could help her much more than I'm capable of. Anyways, check out her designs below:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:31:38 PM by PipChick »

Re: 5th Kingdom Semi-transformative Deck WIP on Behance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

PipChick

• Newcomer
If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 04:31:08 PM by PipChick »

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 03:00:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

She does have a largely finished deck design here - very cool and modern.  She could look into simply selling the design outright to an already-operating playing card company.  I helped broker a deck to sell a deck to Gambler's Warehouse once.  She could easily shop this around to the smaller card companies if she lacked the know-how to get it off the ground on her own.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:07:20 AM »

PipChick

• Newcomer

She does have a largely finished deck design here - very cool and modern.  She could look into simply selling the design outright to an already-operating playing card company.  I helped broker a deck to sell a deck to Gambler's Warehouse once.  She could easily shop this around to the smaller card companies if she lacked the know-how to get it off the ground on her own.

yea, that's also what I'm thinking - for a first deck, I think a KS campaign and dealing with production on one's own can be really daunting and might be too much to tackle. Thanks for the input :D

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »

jezzurp

• Newcomer
  • Geek, video game artist, pixel peddler
Cool art! Nice and clean