« on: January 21, 2015, 12:09:14 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Bicycle Starlight Black Hole Playing Cards
by Collectable Playing Cards

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:10:24 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Bicycle Starlight Black Hole Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Attractive, but not up my alley.  They look kind of bright - my eyes hurt a little from looking at them.  It's like staring into the sun...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:01:51 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like this deck. I enjoy my Starlight decks, I mess with them often actually. The card backs are colorful and make great fans, etc. It's fun. I didn't expect to see Black Hole show up at all. I'm surprised and pretty happy about it haha. This is going to be a blast too.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:01 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
I like the faces real well and I am sure the backs do make for some great fans but I'm with Don, these cards would surely give you a headache after looking at them for any amount of time.  ???
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like the faces real well and I am sure the backs do make for some great fans but I'm with Don, these cards would surely give you a headache after looking at them for any amount of time.  ???

Haha, you guys are absolutely right. This is definitely not a poker deck at all, and the last one wasn't even a solitaire deck. The card faces aren't as Kapow! as the images on your computer screen make them out to be, but they still have a pretty dramatic contrast in a strange way that makes long play with the faces kind of draining. I did try to play games with the first deck and yea, just didn't work out well at all. When I changed gears and used the deck to practice my fail moves, I'll never be any good but I have fun, that's when Starlight changed for me. It became a really fun deck to mess around with. It's one of the few decks I have that does that. Game fail, but fun to just mess with. This one looks like I'll be able to play a little solitaire as well though, so yay haha.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:18 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Somehow this guy has a reputation of six hahaha.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Seven now. I wonder why is he even still in here?

Anyway, the deck looks much much better than expected when i first saw the title, not to mention a deck from CPC. I say it looks much better than the first version. I highly doubt it will "glow/shine" on the actual deck itself, so i'm guessing the contrast is ok.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 08:39:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Um, which guy?  You say this out of the blue after a week of silence on the topic!

Seven now. I wonder why is he even still in here?

Anyway, the deck looks much much better than expected when i first saw the title, not to mention a deck from CPC. I say it looks much better than the first version. I highly doubt it will "glow/shine" on the actual deck itself, so i'm guessing the contrast is ok.

WHICH GUY?!?  Did a post get deleted in here?

Just checked - now I know!

Yeah, there's some odd thing I've noticed about some new accounts starting with a 6 rep.  Those accounts might be somehow feeding each other rep, or perhaps someone found a glitch in the forum software.  Eh.

Any news on the cards?  Besides how little I want to buy them?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I think it's pretty big news when a CPC deck has the campaign funding to actually cover a print run lately. Spotlight on Starlight Black Hole. This may be the one! ;)