You are Here:
The Betty Wicked 1st Anniversary Playing Cards (KS)

Author (Read 475 times)

The Betty Wicked 1st Anniversary Playing Cards (KS)
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: The Betty Wicked 1st Anniversary Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm sure Betty Wicked is a great comic book with a following.  But this is an MPC-made deck with a generic set of faces.  I've seen more exciting tourism decks.  Not even worth $13 for a single deck.  Had they given this a real effort at a more fully custom job, sure.  If the price was sharply less, yes, great.  But this price for that product?  Nope.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: The Betty Wicked 1st Anniversary Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I'm sure Betty Wicked is a great comic book with a following.  But this is an MPC-made deck with a generic set of faces.  I've seen more exciting tourism decks.  Not even worth $13 for a single deck.  Had they given this a real effort at a more fully custom job, sure.  If the price was sharply less, yes, great.  But this price for that product?  Nope.

This seems to be a "Lets just make something." kind of project. They clearly have the artist available to create something classic to commemorate the one year anniversary of their comic. I'm not saying it would have been stellar or terrible, just that there are options there for sure. If it was a well planned out deck with good design and art.... Probably would go somewhere and expanded their brand. We'll see what they do next year since this seems to be a yearly offering from them on KS.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)