You are Here:
The Backer's Playing Cards Deck by Diana Voroneca (KS)

Author (Read 1777 times)

The Backer's Playing Cards Deck by Diana Voroneca (KS)
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
The Backer's Playing Cards Deck

High-quality cards

Packed with grate information folly functional playing cards are printed on 310gms cardstock with a linen texture that is grate for card games and even magic tricks. Manufacturer is MPC, which is now a renown name in the games manufacturing industry.

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: The Backer's Playing Cards Deck by Diana Voroneca (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:04:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Full, non-early bird price: 10 GBP (about USD$16), plus 2 GBP for shipping outside the UK.

Kinda steep, considering the deck.  The back is a near-perfect copy of the Virtuoso decks.

Keeps spelling "great" as "grate".  "Creators" as "craters".  "Do you know" instead of "Did you know".  There's more but it's like shooting ducks in a barrel and it's not simply a case of Britishisms versus Americanisms.  Your pounds sterling at work educating the United Kingdom's next generation!  She makes Jackson Robinson look like a spelling bee winner.

Advertises them as being made by a "well-known American company" - and lists MPC, a company who prints their cards in China.  Not exactly "made in the USA", is it?  At least not until the US becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of mainland China - hell, we're probably half-way there!

She states her stretch goal for printing by USPC is 200% - and in the very next paragraph states that the stretch goal is 2,500 decks pre-ordered.  So which is it?  Depending on how pledges go, they're not necessarily the same.

My opinion - too much of a novelty.  A Kickstarter project to make a deck of playing cards about making a Kickstarter project, from a woman who has never before made a Kickstarter project, though she has backed four of them.  It's like a guy writing an autobiography about a guy writing an autobiography, though he's never written anything before.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:07:54 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
There are tons of typos on the project's page... but the following two are the ones that stood out for me.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
There are tons of typos on the project's page... but the following two are the ones that stood out for me.

Now...The Bakers Deck would actually interest me more...  :P

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

The back is a near-perfect copy of the Virtuoso decks.

I thought it was a new Virtuoso at first. Wouldn't be surprised to see a DMCA soon.

More about Virts in another topic!
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »

alvinhy

• Elite Member
  • SiShou Playing Cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Now...The Bakers Deck would actually interest me more...  :P

hmmm i'll make a cake deck :P