You are Here:
The Blue Crown "Red luxury Deck"

Author (Read 4064 times)

The Blue Crown "Red luxury Deck"
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
Hey guys, I searched for the topic but I didn't see it anywhere. I just got an email from the blue crown that tomorrow at midnight they will be releasing the red luxury deck.

Re: The Blue Crown "Red luxury Deck"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Congratulations - I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice!

BTW: "Friday at midnight" is, in 24-hour time, 00:00 Friday on the North American Eastern Time Zone - that's TONIGHT.
For people elsewhere working out the time difference, it's 04:00 Friday in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

They may not sell out overnight - but they will sell out fast, just like the last ones did.  I think those lasted a weekend.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Hey guys, I searched for the topic but I didn't see it anywhere. I just got an email from the blue crown that tomorrow at midnight they will be releasing the red luxury deck.

Not sure if there is a pre-existing thread but cool! I wonder how much it'll be. Probably pick up a few though.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Not sure if there is a pre-existing thread but cool! I wonder how much it'll be. Probably pick up a few though.

It's a reasonable bet that they'll cost as much as the blue ones did.  $9.95 a pack.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread up for BC Red Luxury Deck either!
I haven't seen them in person yet, but from the photos Blue Crown has posted they look like they printed beautifully.
It looks like the background pattern in the Back Card printed with more contrast this time around. With a color like Dark Blue, subtle patterns sometimes don't show up as well as you would hope. The AOS and Jokers are also Red and Silver.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I was wondering why there wasn't a thread up for BC Red Luxury Deck either!
I haven't seen them in person yet, but from the photos Blue Crown has posted they look like they printed beautifully.
It looks like the background pattern in the Back Card printed with more contrast this time around. With a color like Dark Blue, subtle patterns sometimes don't show up as well as you would hope. The AOS and Jokers are also Red and Silver.

thanks, Randy

Indeed, the detail is definitely more visible this time around.  And I noticed from the photos that Alex is making another Luxury version of the Luxury deck with the signed metal plate!

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The servers were jammed a bit but I managed to make a purchase - just not in time to get the free Blue Lux decks they were giving away for $50 purchases.  Alex Pandrea hinted on Facebook about some other freebie coming up, no real details to speak of.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
Yeah, I went in exactly at 12 AM but was unable to checkout after adding the items to cart. By the time I was able to reach the checkout page, the blue lux deck was already out of stock  :-[
But nvm, I'm still getting the decks, the card clip and the uncut sheet  :D

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 02:14:29 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Yeah, I went in exactly at 12 AM but was unable to checkout after adding the items to cart. By the time I was able to reach the checkout page, the blue lux deck was already out of stock  :-[
But nvm, I'm still getting the decks, the card clip and the uncut sheet  :D

Congrats! The site is now showing that the card clips are sold out :)) And I think that uncut sheet is going to look absolutely amazing!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
This is my first card clip and second uncut sheet. First one was Red Artifice, I love red!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I finally got my order to go through this morning, but the prize tier that I wanted was already sold out (Glad that some folks could get orders in), so I scaled back my purchase considerably. Such is life! Now, I'm off to scour the internet for my next decks!

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular
It's kind of lame to have limited tier prizes available considering the decks are limited to  just 2500. They should have tiered it correctly or seted proper quantities.

I would understand limiting (in terms of time or quantity) tier rewards for an unlimited deck sale, but not for limited release like this.

Yes, I'm mad.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:17:21 AM by sway »

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
It's kind of lame to have limited tier prizes available considering the decks are limited to  just 2500. They should have tiered it correctly or seted proper quantities.

I would understand limiting (in terms of time or quantity) tier rewards for an unlimited deck sale, but not for limited release like this.

Maybe they do have limited quantities of blue lux deck and card clips that they can give out. The blue lux is actually sold out in the first place.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

OK, so you're saying that a LIMITED deck release should be accompanied with an UNLIMITED tier reward rather than a limited one?

It was a giveaway to the early birds, no different than snagging an early bird deal on a Kickstarter project.  The lower tiers always go first because more people can afford them - and it was a LIMITED EDITION, SOLD-OUT deck on the lowest tier, man!  We're lucky that any at all were offered.

The only reason you're mad is that you didn't get one!

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 06:09:07 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
My order didn't go through last night, so I didn't get the Blue Luxury deck (not a big deal), but I'm really upset I couldn't obtain a gold Porper. Oh well, 'tis no big deal.

This is the first purchase I have made in MONTHS!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular

Exactly!  :P I should also add that I have spent my time furiously refreshing TBC website since the beginning; all for nothing.

I suffered from the same fate of loldudex2. I also couldn't make my order go through.

It was a giveaway to the early birds, no different than snagging an early bird deal on a Kickstarter project.  The lower tiers always go first because more people can afford them - and it was a LIMITED EDITION, SOLD-OUT deck on the lowest tier, man!  We're lucky that any at all were offered.

The difference between this kind of sale and a Kickstarter early-bird is that Amazon servers won't let you down.

I think it was a really bad choice from The Blue Crown to have a limited stock for their tier prizes considering that a lot of people will have trouble completing their orders in time - not because they were not fast enough, but due to a issue with TBC's own website.

And yes, I know it's all freebies they were giving, still, not being able to grab yours when you have dedicated your time to it - well, that is VERY disappointing, and that's bad business.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Exactly!  :P I should also add that I have spent my time furiously refreshing TBC website since the beginning; all for nothing.

I suffered from the same fate of loldudex2. I also couldn't make my order go through.

The difference between this kind of sale and a Kickstarter early-bird is that Amazon servers won't let you down.

I think it was a really bad choice from The Blue Crown to have a limited stock for their tier prizes considering that a lot of people will have trouble completing their orders in time - not because they were not fast enough, but due to a issue with TBC's own website.

And yes, I know it's all freebies they were giving, still, not being able to grab yours when you have dedicated your time to it - well, that is VERY disappointing, and that's bad business.

But Amazon's servers won't be enough if someone "early-birds" the last early-bird before you, while you're trying to get yours.

TBC's site wasn't the issue so much as it was Magento, their payment processor.

Trust me, I used to think along the same lines as you, but seriously, EVERYTHING being offered is a limited resource, even the decks for sale.  "Not being able to grab yours?"  It's not yours until the sale is completed, and it's given as a gift - it's not as if you paid for it and purchased it, so your sense of entitlement is mislaid.

Limited number of decks, larger number of buyers - what else do you think's going to happen?  If you try buying a Red Lux deck the moment after they're sold out, will you have the same disappointment and feeling of entitlement?

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Now you know how I felt with the Red Artifice releases.
Just put it this way: You didn't get one because you weren't fast enough. Someone was before you in the line and processed their order faster. And refreshing just made it worse.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
I had the same issue as all of you. I was able to snag 6 decks but missed out on the blue lux freebie. I was able to get four of the blue's when they came out though so it's not that big of a deal.

I wonder how many they were offering though? I picked up mine about 10 min after the start time and still missed out. it would seem they only had a very small amount in that tier given the quickness of the stock going. oh well, to be honest I wasn't expecting any tier bonuses so it would have been a plus but I still would have bought the decks regardless, so no harm done. :)

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Did anyone who order get a shipping confirmation yet?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I got my shipment notification email yesterday (4/8/2013 6:29PM).

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 10:26:57 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I ordered on Saturday, but haven't received the confirmation yet.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
My decks arrived yesterday.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 08:04:23 PM »

Angel_magic

• Forum Regular
Did anyone who order get a shipping confirmation yet?
I ordered a week ago and still haven't gotten shipping confirmation either..
Check out my thread with a BUNCH of rare decks and accessories for sale!
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=11812.0

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 01:41:10 AM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
according to USPS mine should be here tomorrow. :D

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 05:22:05 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
Has been a week and no notification :( Well maybe priority to US address first and next international. So sad  :(

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 05:57:16 AM »

Angel_magic

• Forum Regular
Well I live in the US and I haven't received a notification either. I ordered them right when they were released.
Check out my thread with a BUNCH of rare decks and accessories for sale!
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=11812.0

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I'm not sure about that. I tried to order the second that they were available (as I normally do with releases), but had trouble. I wound up waiting until late the next morning to order. I know that I was late to the party, but I received my cards a few days ago, long before some of those first people to order, so I'm not sure what order they are shipping in. I truly expected to be on the tail end of the orders received. It may be a matter of everyone grabbing a stack of orders and then filling what they have. That many orders at once is a lot different from the normal ordering day where they can be filled as they trickle in. That might be completely wrong, but it's just a thought.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 12:58:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
All I know is, I checked my mail Wednesday and they weren't there, I check today and they were.  Nice box.  I think it might even be nicer than the blue one.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 05:51:28 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
I received the promised gold card clip but not the promised uncut sheet. Are the decks and sheet sent separately or possible that TBC forgot about my sheet?  I have contacted TBC about this matter alrdy but they have not replied for 3 days.

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 06:47:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I received the promised gold card clip but not the promised uncut sheet. Are the decks and sheet sent separately or possible that TBC forgot about my sheet?  I have contacted TBC about this matter alrdy but they have not replied for 3 days.

A lot of places ship uncuts separately.  It's that whole "it fits in a tube, not in a box" thing.  :))

How have you contacted them?  Try calling on Monday.  The phone number's on the home page.

And what do you mean by "promised"?  Did you not pay for them?  Or were they gifts?

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 09:57:43 AM »

amosyzk

• True Member
As in the uncut sheet is a free gift to me when I bought the red luxury decks which cost more than 150 bucks. Anyway, I stay in Singapore, no way I'm going to call them all the way here.

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Yay, I've received mine :) only ordered it a little over a week ago :)
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
As in the uncut sheet is a free gift to me when I bought the red luxury decks which cost more than 150 bucks. Anyway, I stay in Singapore, no way I'm going to call them all the way here.

Have you heard from them yet?  If email isn't working, try a PM on FB.

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The sheets are almost certainly sent separately. They have to be in a tube, so it makes sense.

From my order the decks arrived yesterday, but the sheet hasn't yet.

They are on the site now, i'm pretty confident this will be the best price you'll see for them http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/red-luxury-crown-deck - but if you see a better price, drop me a PM! I'll see if we can match it.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk