You are Here:
Signed Black Reserve Note Private Reserve - $1000 on eBay..?

Author (Read 8482 times)

Re: Signed Black Reserve Note Private Reserve - $1000 on eBay..?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 06:52:11 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Just for clarity's sake, I'm posting the photos here since photos at eBay have a tendency to disappear after a number of weeks after the auction/sale.  It's now selling with a "Buy It Now" of $850 and a "Make Offer" option.  Still sounds high to me.

Yin, do your decks look EXACTLY like this, A LITTLE like this or NOT AT ALL like this?

Hi Don,

My decks looks the same with the exception of Jackson's signature at the bottom of the deck and instead of the words Private Reserve, it has Black Reserve Note on it. And on the hologram above JAckson's printed signature, is a handwritten number....

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Does anyone know the quantity of these decks?
I would gauge my price for these under the assumption there were less than 100 but more than 50, as part of a campaign that was widely available, compare that to his Tally-Ho releases, a purely limited deck project, making this akin to the Legacy wooden box edition of his Tally-Ho series, with potential for being less limited than they, which are selling for $400-$500 and in light of the average resale price of the standard Black Reserve note at around $250 I think a fair price for this deck would be aroun $400.
What do you guys think?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 05:29:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Does anyone know the quantity of these decks?
I would gauge my price for these under the assumption there were less than 100 but more than 50, as part of a campaign that was widely available, compare that to his Tally-Ho releases, a purely limited deck project, making this akin to the Legacy wooden box edition of his Tally-Ho series, with potential for being less limited than they, which are selling for $400-$500 and in light of the average resale price of the standard Black Reserve note at around $250 I think a fair price for this deck would be aroun $400.
What do you guys think?

All I know is that the unbranded Black Reserve Note deck was shorted at press, below what was expected.  For more information, someone should get in touch with Jackson himself and ask him to weigh in here.  It's not like we can't reach the guy - he's on this forum!  He likely won't comment on the after-market value, but he can certainly help clear up the issue with these different versions of this one deck.

Yin: if you would post photos of your version of the deck, that would be appreciated - it would give us a very clear idea of what you're describing.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 05:29:35 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hi Don,
This is the deck that I received.

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 05:48:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hi Don,

It would appear that this is a third variation of the release.  Only Jackson would have the straight dope on the details behind these decks.

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hi Don,

Here is my take on both this deck and also the deck that is for sale on ebay for $850.

When I made the "Private Reserve" decks I did so with the specific intention to give them only to a select few of people that were considered friends or my family. I don't feel good about charging my mother for any of the work I do.

I put the "Private Reserve" seal on a total of about 15 decks.

When I gave these decks to a select few of people I did so under as a gesture of friendship and also did so with free of charge. I know every single person who I gave these decks to and also which decks I gave to which people. I also made it clear to these people that these were gifts and not to be resold or let go of. If they wanted to let go of them I asked them just to send them back to me.

The deck that is on ebay or any other "Private Reserve" deck that is on the market in my view is worthless and a fraud. I only feel bad for anyone who had to pay a big price tag to get these as who ever the seller was (and I know who the original seller(s) are) sold them out dishonesty to me and obviously against our friendship.

Yin, unfortunately your deck has been altered even passed the point at which I passed out the private reserve decks. That is not my handwriting and I would have for sure composed the placement of my numbering a little better than to just stick the number off centered in the middle of a huge empty space. (That is just my design snob talking)

As for the deck that is on ebay for $850 was $1000 I think you should go back to the person who sold it to you and ask for your money back as the deck you have is a fraud in the eyes of the creator, and unfortunately I hope no one purchases that deck.

I have learned alot of hard lessons while being a card designer, I have also learned who to trust and also who is a scoundrel as well, as this world called the playing card world is very very small.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:16:19 AM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hi Don,

Here is my take on both this deck and also the deck that is for sale on ebay for $850.

When I made the "Private Reserve" decks I did so with the specific intention to give them only to a select few of people that were considered friends or my family. I don't feel good about charging my mother for any of the work I do.

When I gave these decks to a select few of people I did so under as a gesture of friendship and also did so with free of charge. I know every single person who I gave these decks to and also which decks I gave to which people. I also made it clear to these people that these were gifts and not to be resold or let go of. If they wanted to let go of them I asked them just to send them back to me.

The deck that is on ebay or any other "Private Reserve" deck that is on the market in my view is worthless and a fraud. I only feel bad for anyone who had to pay a big price tag to get these as who ever the seller was (and I know who the original seller(s) are) sold them out dishonesty to me and obviously against our friendship.

Yin, unfortunately your deck has been altered even passed the point at which I passed out the private reserve decks. That is not my handwriting and I would have for sure composed the placement of my numbering a little better than to just stick the number off centered in the middle of a huge empty space. (That is just my design snob talking)

As for the deck that is on ebay for $850 was $1000 I think you should go back to the person who sold it to you and ask for your money back as the deck you have is a fraud in the eyes of the creator, and unfortunately I hope no one purchases that deck.

I have learned alot of hard lessons while being a card designer, I have also learned who to trust and also who is a scoundrel as well, as this world called the playing card world is very very small.

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for clearing it up somehow, but I received the two decks from you directly (one numbered 12 and the other 24), with the rest of my kickstarter rewards. I have no idea what to think now. Are these fakes? :(

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hi Don,

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for clearing it up somehow, but I received the two decks from you directly (one numbered 12 and the other 24), with the rest of my kickstarter rewards. I have no idea what to think now. Are these fakes? :(

interesting indeed. If you say that you received them from me directly from I would more than happy to send you a pair that I numbered by myself. You're welcome to send me an email (again ;)) and we can work out shipping.

If you pledge for 1 unbranded reserve during the Kickstarter there were a few that were damaged that had seals on them, that I had number to replace the damaged ones. This could be where you got them. If that is the case again send them back and I can send you ones that are numbered by me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:06:08 AM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hi Don,

Hi Jackson,

interesting indeed. If you say that you received them from me directly from I would more than happy to send you a pair that I numbered by myself. You're welcome to send me an email (again ;)) and we can work out shipping.

If you pledge for 1 unbranded reserve during the Kickstarter there were a few that were damaged that had seals on them, that I had number to replace the damaged ones. This could be where you got them. If that is the case again send them back and I can send you ones that are numbered by me.

Yes, I received all the decks from the project with the Silver Certificates and Reserve Note. I pledged for the $75 R4 2 Limited Edition Black Reserve Note and added on the rest of the decks.

I would gladly send them to you in return for those numbered by you.

Should I send you an email via the Kings Wild email or are we able to correspond by PM here?

Thanks Jackson!

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
nope don't pm me here, I never check my pms.

jackson@kingswildproject.com
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 12:50:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I want to thank Jackson for coming by and clearing this up for everyone.  Knowing is half the battle, and it's better to get your knowledge from the source than from second- or third-hand sources.

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »

Alberto

• Newcomer
Hi Jackson,
about 1 year ago I bought this deck from c571121 on Ebay and now I don't know if it's true or false or what is it.
Can you help me?
Thanks Alberto

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hi Jackson,
about 1 year ago I bought this deck from c571121 on Ebay and now I don't know if it's true or false or what is it.
Can you help me?
Thanks Alberto

Did you try emailing him, as he suggested in his last post in this topic?

I can say that the deck you have is almost certainly an authentic Black Reserve Note deck.  Is it Private Reserve as well?  Probably.  What is it worth?  According to Jackson, nothing, but your mileage may vary.  It's a rare subset of a rare set of cards, but just in terms of the packaging - the contents are no different than any of the other Black Reserve Note decks.  Add to that the fact that it was, if genuine, intended as a gift to the recipient from the creator and not meant to be sold publicly.

I have a personalized David Blaine Variety Box from the first series - not simply signed, but signed by him to me, with my name on the box.  It's the only one of the 250 1st Series VBs to have this.  He also gave me a personalized, autographed uncut sheet of the blue Split Spades Lions, which to this day isn't for sale anywhere and only obtained from him personally - it's cool because the cards are on the sheet in Mnemonica stack order.  As collectibles, they're both one-of-a-kind items - but they're also things that I would never dream of selling, not in my lifetime.  In the marketplace, they might even have a lower value for being autographed or personalized, despite being one-of-a-kind items, but since I'm not selling them, it doesn't really matter.  At best, I'd gift them to a friend or relative, and then probably as part of my estate after I'm gone from this existence.  David himself asked me not to sell them; he meant it as a gift to me, out of his kindness and generosity - so they'll never be sold.

That's my two cents.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »

Encarded Inc.

• We make cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I've run into this before as well, where you do something as a favor or nice gesture and then see it appear on eBay for a profit. I've also seen people create "collectibles" out of combinations I never made, or put things in some random third-party box and call it a "special".

These kind of things are disappointing but also inevitable, so like Jackson I just mentally note these things as best I can and adjust my future generosity accordingly.

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I think to many people $$$ is important, but I don't understand why people will try to get profit over friendship and trust. That is something $$$ can't buy!!  :-[

I was thankful that Paul signed a set of Tendril Nightfall and Ascendant when I requested for it on the survey. Although it is not personalised, I am proud to display it and show it to my friend when they come around. To me it means a lot  ;)
Back for more

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
nope don't pm me here, I never check my pms.

jackson@kingswildproject.com

Hello Jackson,

I've sent you an email a few days ago. Just checking if it went to your spam folder :P
So I just resent the email.

Thanks!