You are Here:
The Slick Deck (...again)- WIP custom deck

Author (Read 4010 times)

Re: The Slick Deck (...again)- WIP custom deck
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »

Mr.parangot

• True Member
I also like that approach. Looks good ;)
 I understand that cards should be practical, but from my experience fully customized decks are mostly for collectors or nice to look at. Unless you play with experienced players on a clean table your cards would be destroyed after one evening and people who are into fully customized decks appreciate them too much to play with them. But maybe thats just me..;)

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I also like that approach. Looks good ;)
 I understand that cards should be practical, but from my experience fully customized decks are mostly for collectors or nice to look at. Unless you play with experienced players on a clean table your cards would be destroyed after one evening and people who are into fully customized decks appreciate them too much to play with them. But maybe thats just me..;)

It's really a matter of striking a balance.  There are totally impractical decks that are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous because of the art, and there are completely practical, functional (and boring) decks.  There's a sort of a sliding scale running from the one extreme to the next and all decks land somewhere on that scale.  Every artist making a deck has to find that sweet spot on the scale for their design, the one that will make them happy and make their potential audience happy.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »

Olly Swinyard

• True Member
Here is the number font I was planning on using and some examples of the number playing cards. The Ace is not the final design, its just to give an idea.

I also can't quite do the number four yet so I've left it out for now (...its surprisingly hard haha >:(