You are Here:
LPCC Gag Order - Now Live on KS

Author (Read 2969 times)

LPCC Gag Order - Now Live on KS
« on: January 08, 2015, 08:31:25 PM »

DevilishRogue

One year ago I approached this forum with the Wiretap deck, a deck about spying in the age after the War on Terror. Though Wiretap did not reach funding on Kickstarter, its successor has risen from the ashes like a phoenix.

Check out the sequel to the Wiretap deck, Wiretap:Gag Order, here!

Thank you for all the support so far!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:38:52 PM by DevilishRogue »

Re: LPCC Gag Order - Now Live on KS
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 04:41:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You might have better luck with this one, especially as it looks like cyberpunk might be experiencing a little bit of a comeback.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 05:04:23 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
You might have better luck with this one, especially as it looks like cyberpunk might be experiencing a little bit of a comeback.
I actually like the "WIRETAP Playing Cards [Backtrace]" deck better than this one, still like this originality of this deck. Kind of coll artwork too. LOVE the joker design on this deck.

I hope there would be Jokers in this current deck too.

Does anyone know why there would be spaces in the un-cut sheet of LPCC, does "56 cards at additional cost" mean no Jokers?

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:25:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Does anyone know why there would be spaces in the un-cut sheet of LPCC, does "56 cards at additional cost" mean no Jokers?

The presses used by Expert and Legends are 54 cards to a sheet.  If you look closer, you'll see there's only 52 cards showing for the new deck - he may be replacing the jokers (unlikely) or considering what he wants them to be like (or just keeping it a secret to be revealed later in the campaign).  Either way, it's their standard uncut - sort of, because the real deal is unlikely to have all those extra words and wasted paper.  The cards are laid out in the pattern in which they'll appear in the real uncut.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 08:03:16 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

The presses used by Expert and Legends are 54 cards to a sheet.  If you look closer, you'll see there's only 52 cards showing for the new deck - he may be replacing the jokers (unlikely) or considering what he wants them to be like (or just keeping it a secret to be revealed later in the campaign).  Either way, it's their standard uncut - sort of, because the real deal is unlikely to have all those extra words and wasted paper.  The cards are laid out in the pattern in which they'll appear in the real uncut.
Yeah, I thought EPCC have 54 cards. I was just curious about where the Jokers were, you are probably right about the reveal later in the campaign, I just loved the way the previous Jokers looked (the diptych) and hope Dave does another for this deck.
Thanks for your reply Don!

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 08:37:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yeah, I thought EPCC have 54 cards. I was just curious about where the Jokers were, you are probably right about the reveal later in the campaign, I just loved the way the previous Jokers looked (the diptych) and hope Dave does another for this deck.

I know Legends has done more than 54 cards - I believe Requiem was 56 - but the creator has to pay for those extras.  I'm guessing they're created on a separate, short print run.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 03:06:49 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This is one of those Left Field decks I just don't understand haha. I hope it funds because the creator has been back with this type of theme on KS repeatedly, there's clearly some passion there. This isn't for me though haha. I'll spare you all my usual comments about Pips and Indices and well you get the idea. Fes initiates his own gag order. :P

Best of luck on these.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:38:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This is one of those Left Field decks I just don't understand haha. I hope it funds because the creator has been back with this type of theme on KS repeatedly, there's clearly some passion there. This isn't for me though haha. I'll spare you all my usual comments about Pips and Indices and well you get the idea. Fes initiates his own gag order. :P

Best of luck on these.

To be fair, this is a related but rather different design.  The face cards on the first deck were all government people and the odd enemy of the state that few if any stood a chance to recognize - for many, their names were more well-known than their faces.  This deck, on the other hand, is more like a cyberpunk deck in that it takes place in the near-future, appears to be rather dystopic and uses fictional characters utilizing tech that doesn't yet exist.  What sounds more interesting to you: court cards dressed up as your favorite Fed (even though you don't HAVE a favorite Fed) or courts cards as fictional cyberpunk characters with future tech?

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 06:14:52 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Best of luck on these.

To be fair, this is a related but rather different design.  The face cards on the first deck were all government people and the odd enemy of the state that few if any stood a chance to recognize - for many, their names were more well-known than their faces.  This deck, on the other hand, is more like a cyberpunk deck in that it takes place in the near-future, appears to be rather dystopic and uses fictional characters utilizing tech that doesn't yet exist.  What sounds more interesting to you: court cards dressed up as your favorite Fed (even though you don't HAVE a favorite Fed) or courts cards as fictional cyberpunk characters with future tech?

If I'm ever on Lets make a deal and Monty Hall (Not a big fan of the new show.) calls out a request for a deck of cards with fictional cyberpunk characters with future tech in it. I'll be okay, I have a hand full of anime decks. I don't think it's going to happen. Even so I'll still go with option 3.  ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

If I'm ever on Lets make a deal and Monty Hall (Not a big fan of the new show.) calls out a request for a deck of cards with fictional cyberpunk characters with future tech in it. I'll be okay, I have a hand full of anime decks. I don't think it's going to happen. Even so I'll still go with option 3.  ;)

Isn't that the door with the mule behind it?  :))

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »

DevilishRogue

Rose - Thanks for the votes of confidence, and I will be revealing the Jokers when there are 10 days left in the campaign (if no one has taken the Joker design pledge tier).

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »

DevilishRogue

Sad you missed out on the early bird specials? The tardy bird specials might be right up your alley! Read up on the new tier upgrades and combos here.

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 01:33:49 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net