You are Here:
New Virts offerings

Author (Read 10746 times)

Re: New Virts offerings
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

therealmackay

• True Member
Intriguing blue box then.

Bold font - hope they go with a bold redesign! Could be interesting!

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Intriguing blue box then.

Bold font - hope they go with a bold redesign! Could be interesting!

I'm hoping they leave the faces, suites and pips alone. A new geometric configuration to the back design would be welcomed.

I thought the red launch edition was very good. In fact I consider it a strong contender for deck of the year. I hope based on that, The Virts don't do anything to damage the brand.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:13:07 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Wow!  So much for honoring a simple request....not sure what part of "This information is for your eyes only...so keep this information to yourself." is difficult to understand.   

Here's another reminder "do not give the private order link when I send it to you"

There is a reason some of us are receiving this email and others are not.  Those of us who were fortunate enough to receive these private emails should be able to benefit from Huron's generosity. 

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Wow!  So much for honoring a simple request....not sure what part of "This information is for your eyes only...so keep this information to yourself." is difficult to understand.   

Here's another reminder "do not give the private order link when I send it to you"

There is a reason some of us are receiving this email and others are not.  Those of us who were fortunate enough to receive these private emails should be able to benefit from Huron's generosity.

The kid (Benny) feels bad enough. We have been through this already. I'm not saying anything that was not already mentioned by someone else here. Let's not go there.

Nobody will post any link.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:11:51 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Ba I'm so mad that you "leaked" info that in no way the virts wanted people knowing! They wanted their deck to be completely unknown!

Yeah. The virts I NO WAY thought this would get out. Lol. I'm about to post the pics they sente just to piss of idiots.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
Guys I'm really sorry about this
I made a bad decision posting this and I'm going to take a break from the forums for a bit.

I have a tough time fitting in with anything or anyone so when I realised no-one had posted this I decided it would be an opportunity to start up discussion on both the old and the new virts decks.
I can see this might not have been the greatest judgement and I am sorry for those I have offended or upset with this.

Talk to you all in the new year

-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Benny: Seriously, this is not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. It wasn't a personal email, and you didn't post any links (not that there were any anyway). I'm pretty sure The Virts won't mind extra publicity for their next deck.

Some people just take things too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:54:17 PM by MagikFingerz »
- Tom

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Benny: Seriously, this is not as big of a deal as some people make it out to be. It wasn't a personal email, and you didn't post any links (not that there were any anyway). I'm pretty sure The Virts won't mind extra publicity for their next deck.

+1 to this. The Virts are not completely oblivious to how the internet works. It's almost a guarantee that they expected their public email to be shared, it would be extremely naive to have thought otherwise. It's not like this email was sent only to you Benny, this information would have gotten to the board one way or another. There are and have been secrets that I have to keep, all of those have come from personal requests, not a mass ( even if it was a small-ish number ) email that I happened to be part of because I am a good customer. Also, looks like your rep is back into the positive numbers.

Don't feel bad Benny and feel free to participate prior to the new year, if not, have a great holiday season :)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:21:56 PM by Curt »

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU

Plus another. Don't let some jackass white knights of the internet get to you. This is a playing card forum and you posted relevant information; that's all.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular
Count me as another one that supports ya Benny.  That email was a big red button that said, "Do not press."  Of course it's going to get spread around, and I would just about guarantee that the people that worded that email knew it would.  What better way to drum up some hype and excitement than by telling everyone they're a member of the super-secret squirrel club?  Hell, if I had received it, I know i would've posted it.

Can't believe how some people here are ready to crucify the guy for posting an email...   >:(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:18:31 PM by chach »
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
My 2 cents on internet confidentiality:

I don't think Benny was is the wrong at all. It's not like he slathered leaked photos on Facebook, pestered the Virts for a peek, or even posted a sales link. The original post was just a friendly FYI. Not even a very intriguing teaser. But if you give people "private" photos via email, you should expect them to leak. Expecting them 1000+ people to keep something as cool as this on the down-low is like Nixon releasing the Watergate tapes to the NY Times and expecting them to stay quiet.

Risking getting flamed/rep dropped, I will say that they released full pics of the back design today, and they're MUCH more innovative than a Red-Blue color change. They look stunning. (Not posting pics, because I feel that would be leaking a bit too much.)

If you haven't signed up, I'd get on their newsletter.

http://www.thevirts.com/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:26:06 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Dude I would have done the same thing, honestly I might have goten the e-mail, I trash most of them cause I just dont care as much as I use to. When I get info from club 808 I don't think I am suppose to since the articles and new deck information is a members only thing, but I do.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
From Huron's latest email:

"PS. Wow that was fast. Hours after I sent out that last email, word about the new Virtuoso deck started spreading like crazy! We've been getting emails from card flourishers and wholesalers asking if they can get access to this deck early as well. The craziest thing is that we haven't even revealed the deck until today. Haha so much for trying to keep this private launch as low key as possible."

He sounds absolutely devastated, doesn't he?  ::)

Anyway, back on topic (without spoilers): Not too sure about the new look. It might grow on me, but it looks a bit strange. It's certainly new and unique though, so that's good.
- Tom

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Posting that information is an easy oversight...and probably exactly what Virts wanted to happen in order to generate more hype. The most important thing is not sharing the link that is to be provided in the future and nobody here will do that.

Walk it off Benny, not a huge deal at all...it's just an email.  It's easy to miss these things when there is exciting news in a long email...I may have done the same thing had I not re-read the email.  Look at the bright side of things...we have early access to some pretty great cards. 

Happy Holidays.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
I hope nobody shares the order link coming in the next email though. Well at least not until I've ordered a few. ;D

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
From Huron's latest email:

"PS. Wow that was fast. Hours after I sent out that last email, word about the new Virtuoso deck started spreading like crazy! We've been getting emails from card flourishers and wholesalers asking if they can get access to this deck early as well. The craziest thing is that we haven't even revealed the deck until today. Haha so much for trying to keep this private launch as low key as possible."

He sounds absolutely devastated, doesn't he?  ::)

Anyway, back on topic (without spoilers): Not too sure about the new look. It might grow on me, but it looks a bit strange. It's certainly new and unique though, so that's good.

It kinda reminds me of Portal. The new colors look sweet with the aperture-like back design.

Then again, Portal is one of my favorite games. And if they match the court colors with the back, it'll look even more awesome.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

volantangel

• True Member
I hope nobody shares the order link coming in the next email though. Well at least not until I've ordered a few. ;D

Haha order some for me. i hope they will provide cheaper shipping to singapore again.

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
If everyone would be kind enough to hold off on ordering until I can get my order in first, then you can order as many as you'd like!

;-))

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Guys I'm really sorry about this
I made a bad decision posting this and I'm going to take a break from the forums for a bit.

I have a tough time fitting in with anything or anyone so when I realised no-one had posted this I decided it would be an opportunity to start up discussion on both the old and the new virts decks.
I can see this might not have been the greatest judgement and I am sorry for those I have offended or upset with this.

Talk to you all in the new year

-Benny

Benny, there's no need for a hiatus just because of that.  It's not like they had you sign a non-disclosure agreement or anything like that, right?  It's looking more and more like it was an intentional release which they knew would be publicly leaked and provide them with all sorts of hype for their new deck.  So don't sweat it.  You've just been made a part of their hype machine!  You should feel honored!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 04:04:49 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

meh, honestly i have been cried when i saw these pics  :mindf-ck:

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:28 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Errrrrm... We're just about to release our review on the originals (which we love) but woah!
I'm kinda staggered. It's striking to say the least. Maybe it'll grow on me... but I withhold any further judgement.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:57:30 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 06:34:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Wow - someone's been channeling Jerry's Nuggets...  I'm not entirely sure I like these.  Call me crazy, but while Jerry's may reportedly handle like a dream, to me, there's also ugly as sin.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm amazed with the colour scheme! Gorgeous and original. Congratulations to the designers.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Taking a closer look, I have some concerns about the deck that will be revealed soon. This might be one of those "bought the 1st edition so I will buy version 2". Don't be surprised about a price increase from the launch edition.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:57:27 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
As far as the Virts v2 are concerned, I'll wait to hear about the handling compared to the v1 and if everything is the same I think I'll go with the originals thank you very much.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:51:14 PM by HandSkillz »
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.