You are Here:
[VID] Mana Deck

Author (Read 1228 times)

[VID] Mana Deck
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »

ZavLow

• True Member

• YouTube:
This is my review on the Mana deck, please rate, comment and subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r_IZ94nkzI&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:27:53 PM by alex. »

Re: [Review] Mana Deck review
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
It was a very thorough review that covered all the bases but the length of the video was a little too long.  :-\

Long reviews aren't bad when its entertaining but your added video time was not necessary. The parts when you were searching and looking for the jokers and the court cards, added nothing to the review. From 4:15 - 4:45, 30 seconds of fiddling, nothing was happening.

How does finding the jack of clubs, putting it down on the table, putting it back on top of the deck, and then finally holding the jack to fix a warping issue helpful in a deck review?

If you want to cut out the extra time I recommend either having the cards set up in an special order before the review or cut out the parts where you were searching for cards and nothing was happening. Or you can talk about the cards while you search for other cards so there isn't that dark silence.

As for the handling portion of the review, when you fan the cards, give the audience some good eye candy and show off the pips. Your fanning skill is good enough for that and a deck review just isn't complete without card fans showing the faces.

I'm just being critical, nothing personal but I hope you take some of my advice as I see potential in your reviews.

I do like your other deck reviews though
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:34:28 AM by DeckReview »
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »

ZavLow

• True Member

• YouTube:
It was a very thorough review that covered all the bases but the length of the video was a little too long.  :-\

Long reviews aren't bad when its entertaining but your added video time was not necessary. The parts when you were searching and looking for the jokers and the court cards, added nothing to the review. From 4:15 - 4:45, 30 seconds of fiddling, nothing was happening.

How does finding the jack of clubs, putting it down on the table, putting it back on top of the deck, and then finally holding the jack to fix a warping issue helpful in a deck review?

If you want to cut out the extra time I recommend either having the cards set up in an special order before the review or cut out the parts where you were searching for cards and nothing was happening. Or you can talk about the cards while you search for other cards so there isn't that dark silence.

As for the handling portion of the review, when you fan the cards, give the audience some good eye candy and show off the pips. Your fanning skill is good enough for that and a deck review just isn't complete without card fans showing the faces.

I'm just being critical, nothing personal but I hope you take some of my advice as I see potential in your reviews.

I do like your other deck reviews though
Thanks for your advice will take note of that in the future.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Great review. I agree with DeckReview here. Also, I like how you have pauses between each key sentences you make. However during that time, instead of fidgeting with the box, I recommend you leave it in the same place and let us admire the artwork.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »

ZavLow

• True Member

• YouTube:
Great review. I agree with DeckReview here. Also, I like how you have pauses between each key sentences you make. However during that time, instead of fidgeting with the box, I recommend you leave it in the same place and let us admire the artwork.
Will take note of that thanks!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:27:38 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
nice deck review .. but the review is quite long and there is alot of pauses