You are Here:
Forcing

Author (Read 5710 times)

Re: Forcing
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
I don't know what it's called, so I will try to explain it. You keep the card you want forced at the bottom of the pack you spread the cards between your hands, and when they say stop, you pull off the top half, and slide the bottom card of the deck onto the bottom of the top part. Does that make sense? Probably not.

I think you are talking about..culling the forse card.

Billy.

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
well the one I like to do is to have the top card on top riffle through till the spectator says stop and when he does i act as if cutting it but keep the top card, works great for me.

That's the slip-cut

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok yes i love  that one
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 04:01:53 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
It's the first force I learn from youtube. But now I don't use it anymore. Got some problem about sound.

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 06:45:10 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
It's the first force I learn from youtube. But now I don't use it anymore. Got some problem about sound.

Just be gentle; if you do it calm and smooth, there's no sound.  It's when you go too fast that the sound gives it away.

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
The trick with all forces is to stay natural and not speed up or get tense, people never see them unless you perform for them a lot.

Also the bottom card force mentioned above, that is one of the more angle tricky forces because you have to put the deck at a big angle down to hide the slide. Besides that, it is a really reliable force that usually works unless the spectator stops you in which case your next trick becomes gator boots.

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I don't know what it's called, so I will try to explain it. You keep the card you want forced at the bottom of the pack you spread the cards between your hands, and when they say stop, you pull off the top half, and slide the bottom card of the deck onto the bottom of the top part. Does that make sense? Probably not.
This kinda sounds like Daniel Garcia and Wayne Houchin's version of Jay Sankeys "Wichita Slip" taught on the UltraGaff DVD.
- Adam

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The "Hovercard" gimmick's DVD comes with a really, stunningly simple way to force a card, no sleight of hand required.  (BTW, Hovercard paired with Rising Card makes a decent combination.  Now I just need to get one of those "flying cards" in the same value/suit and I've got a three-trick routine that follows a single theme and ratchets it up a notch each stunt!)

That "40 Ways to Force a Card" DVD is good, I like it.  Also enjoyed "Basic Card Techniques" DVD - covers more than forces, but it's good sampler of some ground-level card moves.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYHuQngenRk

That kinda thing?  Just don't play more than $5 for it.

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »

PoundFFFFFF

• Elite Member
  DON'T do the "Lemme just mark the cut and wait while I go make a sandwich" force.

Classic force is the absolute best. I do it as a standalone trick, where I utterly overkill the presentation.

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:10 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
Try mirror force by patrick kun

I have been using mirror force for a few weeks now. It has worked wonders for me, and is useful in many situations!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
When it comes to forces, I either use the Turnover force, the riffle force, or the slip-cut force. To me, it really doesn't matter what force you do just as long as the spectator doesn't recognize it and it's invisible.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi

I use this force often.  It's not my 'go-to' force, but I do use it.  I like to spread through and say "Touch any one card"  then when they touch it, separate the deck there leaving the deck spread as it was (with the force card hidden under the top half) then square the pack up on my stomach and so them the bottom of the top half (the forced card).

I also very often do like an inverted slip cut, where i riffle through the cards and tell them to stick their finger in to stop me.  When they do, I pull off all the cards above their finger, slipping the bottom card of the deck off as well, and show them it.  (Alternatively if you don't need to force a card, you can let them take the face down card under their finger and earn yourself an easy key card into position without anyone catching you peek.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:08:22 AM by AceGambit »
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.