Please Remove
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:28:33 PM by Curt »

Re: [ISO] 1970's Jerry's Nugget
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 02:58:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello,

Okay.... I know a lot of people either want this deck in their collection or think it is over hyped and overpriced..... but

Since I started collecting back in 2011 owning an original Jerry's Nugget deck has always been a dream of mine. Most of my main collecting years I was a college student and could not justify making an investment like that on one deck of cards (even though they were a bit cheaper than they are now). Coming back into collecting, I have made the commitment to work to build my collection into something that I had envisioned when I was younger.

So if anyone has an original Jerry's for sale that would be willing to ship it to Canada, I am interested. I don't have a preference to red or blue (although if the deal is good for both, then that might be an option). Just looking at eBay results over the past few months, there does seem to be a range of prices they are selling for and I want to start with what I think is a reasonable (feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

I'll offer $420 CAD (~315 USD) plus shipping. I am open to negotiation or a cash plus deck(s) deal if there are things in my collection of interest to you.

Again, I am hoping this doesn't come across as a low ball, I am just putting a feeler out there in case anyone is interesting and wants to avoid the hassle of eBay.

Cheers,
Curt

Your offer isn't all that lowball, I think, especially if you were willing to accept either a pack with "damaged"/cracked-open cellophane or a pack that's been opened but is in essentially new condition.

The biggest issue you're going to run into is that Expert PCC recently partnered with USPC and Murphy's Magic Supplies to make a re-issue of the original - they're not identical, but they're similar enough that a neophyte could confuse them.  You're no neophyte, but any search you're going to make for authentic 1970-issue decks will turn up a lot of false positives for the modern printings.

You might consider getting the new issue decks - they look damn near the same, the handling's supposed to be pretty good, and you'll save a fortune/not feed the frenzy.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: [ISO] 1970's Jerry's Nugget
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 01:16:04 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Thanks Don,

I actually have a half brick of them on the way. I was disappointed about missing the kickstarter, completely did not realize that was going on. Super excited to receive those but I will keep an eye of for some originals, just a nice piece to add to the collection.