You are Here:
Aether Cards Second Deck; Harlequin Series

Author (Read 49055 times)

Re: Aether Cards Second Deck; Harlequin Series
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Can you please elaborate on why you decided not to go ahead with this deck? I was looking forward in getting this when I first heard it

« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well the design is mostly done, I just don't have the willpower to put up with a KS campaign. Both the Harlequin and the second Vortex deck are around halfway done.

I haven't touched them in months, though.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well the design is mostly done, I just don't have the willpower to put up with a KS campaign. Both the Harlequin and the second Vortex deck are around halfway done.

I haven't touched them in months, though.
That's a shame. I'm sure they're awesome designs.

« Reply #253 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

vmagic

Why go with KS again? Why not go through HOPC instead? Would be much easier for you.

« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Why go with KS again? Why not go through HOPC instead? Would be much easier for you.

HOPC declined the design during a time when there wasn't much to show. However, because they showed little to no interest, I don't see a point in trying again.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
come on Alex make the Harlequin deck i need some more cool decks in my collection not just some chump ass cards from house of playing cards or from theory 11 ?  :mindf-ck:

« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
"Chump Ass Cards" - I don't think Artisans, Rebels, or Sentinels count as "chump ass cards".
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
whats so special about the decks you just named nothing as far as i know all of them look the same. so they are "chump ass decks" !!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:34:31 PM by Frost »

« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I will print 10,000 decks just for you, Frost
Forum Founder.

« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I will print 10,000 decks just for you, Frost

I want some.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
real talk Alex you have to make that deck i am begging you to make them.you even said the deck was almost finished why not just put it up on kickstarter . GIVE YOURSELF A SECOND CHANCE !!!  >:(

« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
In all seriousness. The thing people did not like was how shipping went. People loved the decks them selves. I feel if you went through HOPC you could continue the vortex series and also the Harlequin and it could go well.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2012, 11:32:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
In all seriousness. The thing people did not like was how shipping went. People loved the decks them selves. I feel if you went through HOPC you could continue the vortex series and also the Harlequin and it could go well.

Hey, check this quote out, please...

HOPC declined the design during a time when there wasn't much to show. However, because they showed little to no interest, I don't see a point in trying again.

This, to me, would be a good reason why he's not going to ask HOPC - again...

News flash: HOPC does not print more than a tiny fraction of all the designs that get submitted to them.  To get printed, it has to be knock-it-out-of-the-park good to them.

I'd love to see the next decks Alex had in mind get made, don't get me wrong.  It's just that HOPC showed no interest and KS really killed him - though I should state that of all the deck projects that went through KS, few had the long series of problems that yours did, Alex.  In other words, you've seen the worst it can get - it can't get much worse than that and you survived that (with difficulty, perhaps, but you survived).  There's practically no way it can get worse - so it can really only get better!

You guys have been leaving out an option - getting another card company to partner up with.  HOPC is hardly the only game in town, y'know...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:39:16 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok which one did he pitch to them? vortex 2? or Harlequin? He could pitch the other one if he only pitched one.

« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2012, 12:46:37 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

News flash: HOPC does not print more than a tiny fraction of all the designs that get submitted to them.  To get printed, it has to be knock-it-out-of-the-park good to them.

I dont know why they would turn it down. I liked the Harlequin design more than the Mechanic Deck, the Verves, and Heraldry's. But I guess that is their decision.

He could always just do a pre-order through a personal site and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:10:48 AM by Don Boyer »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2012, 01:12:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
ok which one did he pitch to them? vortex 2? or Harlequin? He could pitch the other one if he only pitched one.

You'd have to ask Alex that one.  It's possible that HOPC is aware of both of them.

I dont know why they would turn it down. I liked the Harlequin design more than the Mechanic Deck, the Verves, and Heraldry's. But I guess that is their decision.

He could always just do a pre-order through a personal site and see how it goes.

If you like the design as much as you state, and you feel others would feel the same, consider starting an online petition to HOPC to print them.  If a business sees a demand and ignores it, they don't tend to stay in business.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:26 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I think if I ever made another deck, or product of any kind, I owe it to those customers to get a fulfillment company.

I don't think an online petition to get HOPC to print the cards is necessary. I mean, how many signatures would it take? We're talking hundreds if not thousands for the petition to really show that "yeah, these cards will sell!" Those kinds of numbers barely show up in petitions for amazing causes, much less a deck of playing cards. :P

If I ever win the lottery or begin to poop money, I promise I'll return to the designs and get Vortex v2 and the Harlequin decks printed.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
whats so special about the decks you just named nothing as far as i know all of them look the same. so they are "chump ass decks" !!!

Implying the Sentinels are chump ass decks.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
come on Alex make the Harlequin deck i need some more cool decks in my collection not just some chump ass cards from house of playing cards or from theory 11 ?  :mindf-ck:

I don't think the words 'chump ass' and theory11 mix very well.
What you are basically saying that some of the best quality decks of our age are crap. I like how the Monarchs and other t11 decks absolutely trumped Infintity and most, if not all, of Ellusionist's playing cards.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:15:46 PM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I don't like most of T11 decks. They are decent designs but nothing has ever popped out at me. Ellusionist has some good decks that I like though. How you think T11 decks topped infinity I can not see. Infinity is amazing. I love it so much I don't take it out when I go to work or anything in case it gets damaged.

« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty

What you are basically saying that some of the best quality decks of our age are crap. I like how the Monarchs and other t11 decks absolutely trumped Infintity and most, if not all, of Ellusionist's playing cards.
you are talking out of your ass dude .

« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:59 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Says the guy who spluttered verbal diarrhoea by calling something 'Chump Ass'. Sorry to all the Ellusionist fans, I don't have ANYTHING against you. In terms of handling and in certain cases of design, t11's cards do surpass the quality of Ellusionist. AND I'm not saying that I don't like all of Ellusionist's decks, the white Ghost is amongst my favourite decks. But in saying that, I don't think it's right to say that theory11 is what you call it. Any reason behind saying that I talk out of my ass, Frost?
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2012, 12:07:57 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I think Frost, Allen, & John B. should pony up some $ and get the deck funded since they won't let a dead horse lay... With regard to Ellusionist & T11... They both have their good and bad, like most companies... Not everything is a home run... Personally, although E seemed to have started the custom deck crusade, I enjoy T11 decks more... However this is coming more from a design point of view and not so much a handling point of view... That's what makes humanity so great... The power to choose for yourself and form your own opinions... That said, happy collecting everyone... Hope you all get the decks that you want this holiday season...

« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2012, 12:10:05 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Says the guy who spluttered verbal diarrhoea by calling something 'Chump Ass'. Sorry to all the Ellusionist fans, I don't have ANYTHING against you. In terms of handling and in certain cases of design, t11's cards do surpass the quality of Ellusionist. AND I'm not saying that I don't like all of Ellusionist's decks, the white Ghost is amongst my favourite decks. But in saying that, I don't think it's right to say that theory11 is what you call it. Any reason behind saying that I talk out of my ass, Frost?

I dont know why frost is saying what he is, but I just want to say, theory11 has never done anything for me with their decks. I have more E decks then T11.

as for letting a dead horse die, the thread is still open. I feel that gives me the right to post what I want.I am interested in any deck from an artist who has showed skill coming on to the market.

« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

There isn't much of a difference between T11 and E decks to being with... they have the exact same stock as E decks, assuming T11 doesn't have a "special" stock that is extremely similar to bicycle stock. The main differences would be the design choices and the fact that T11 uses standard finish while E uses magic finish or performance coating, whatever you wanna call it.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos