Aquila Playing Cards (KS)
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:18:36 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:23:44 AM by Don Boyer »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Aquila Playing Cards - Coming soon
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I'm liking this .. The card design on the face reminds me of another deck, can't quite think of which deck.

Nonetheless, I like what I see so far. Aquila is a Latin word for eagle, so I wonder if they're going with that particular theme or it's just the name of the deck.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm liking these first few images, something to keep an eye on. I did notice that they will be using MakePlayingCards to produce the deck, any opinions on the quality of cards they produce? I'm not familiar with any decks they may have produces....as far as I know.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:00:03 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
They're nice enough.  I may pass if they're using MPC.  I dig the court style, like the font.  I'm kinda not feeling the faded background on the faces of the cards.  I don't know if maybe it's been done too much or it just doesn't appeal to me.  It just seems to muddy things up from my perspective.  It's also possible I'm beginning to just like classic faces with custom backs and courts.  I'm thinking more isn't always better.   I don't know, just my thoughts, I could be stir crazy and babbling from the snow.  Again, pretty nice design. 

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm kind of curious about why they put the Cyrillic "D" on the mitre the King is holding.  That letter is used in Russian decks on the index for the Queen (dama).  (It's that thing that vaguely resembles an A.)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »

th4mo

I'm kind of curious about why they put the Cyrillic "D" on the mitre the King is holding.  That letter is used in Russian decks on the index for the Queen (dama).  (It's that thing that vaguely resembles an A.)

Seems clear that they *are* using it as an "A", since they use it as such twice in the name of their deck right below the image you are referring to, no?  ;)
So, I'm seeing the letter on the card as a reference to the title of the deck...

Even if it is technically a Cyrillic "D", it wouldn't be the first time someone used an "odd" character in place of the standard one.

But perhaps there is a "deeper" meaning behind it...? Guess we'll have to ask the designer if/when they come around...

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
I'm liking this .. The card design on the face reminds me of another deck, can't quite think of which deck.

Nonetheless, I like what I see so far. Aquila is a Latin word for eagle, so I wonder if they're going with that particular theme or it's just the name of the deck.

The back design does seem to show wings.

The new king could use more detail. His body too empty.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Seems clear that they *are* using it as an "A", since they use it as such twice in the name of their deck right below the image you are referring to, no?  ;)
So, I'm seeing the letter on the card as a reference to the title of the deck...

Even if it is technically a Cyrillic "D", it wouldn't be the first time someone used an "odd" character in place of the standard one.

But perhaps there is a "deeper" meaning behind it...? Guess we'll have to ask the designer if/when they come around...

Here's the character I'm talking about - tell me that "A" doesn't resemble this:

Д

That is a Cyrillic "de" character, pronounced /d/ in the International Phonetic Alphabet.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

This deck is inspired by Garuda Wisnu Kencana that we've seen on Bali, Indonesia.
Garuda is the Hindu name for the constellation Aquila, it's also mean Eagle as Nurul said, but we only use the Garuda for the back design, ace of spade and jokers.

We'd like to make the court's body looks simple, without many ornaments that you've probably seen on the standard courts.

Don : Thanks for pointing the Cyrillic "de", we'll used it as an"odd" character of "A" for the Aquila, as it's shown on the King of Clubs.
No deep meaning for that. It's just show as an "A" while we use the Kremlin font for the word "Aquila".

We're thinking to use MPC to print this deck atm, however we still working on the prototype to see how it's handling. Based on some review the MPC deck is handling good. At first we're just want to make this available in Indonesia, but we've got some ppl asking that they would be interested to buy this deck, so we'll working to release this deck on KS.
"Behind every great King there's a great Queen"
www.threeofclubs.net
Aquila Playing Card : https://www.facebook.com/AquilaPlayingCards

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
See, I knew it was a Cyrillic letter!

Playing cards are pretty popular among much of the Russian-speaking world.  Consider using (or creating) a different character that's more "A-like" so as to not confuse that segment of you potential audience.  An eagle pointing up with spread wings slanted back would evoke both an "A" and an eagle, the deck's namesake - it might be a better choice.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 03:14:51 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member

Playing cards are pretty popular among much of the Russian-speaking world.  Consider using (or creating) a different character that's more "A-like" so as to not confuse that segment of you potential audience.  An eagle pointing up with spread wings slanted back would evoke both an "A" and an eagle, the deck's namesake - it might be a better choice.

Thanks Don, much appreciate  ;)

I've talk with my team about that, and we might change that Cycrilic "de" to "A" character.
Hopefully this one will look better  ;)

And here is a preview for the Spades family :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:16:39 AM by adhex5150 »
www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 06:29:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I like the courts on the whole, but something is a little off with the Queen.  As I looked at it a while, I realized that she looks like she has a swollen forehead.  Perhaps turning the head more towards the viewer would help with that.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Also looks like she's wearing a mask.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I'm curious about MPC as well. I am currently backing their KS and from the sound of it, they have quite a few higher-level features available over what a "Print poorly on smooth paper" manufacturer would have. I get the feeling that they are wanting to become a strong custom contender with USPCC. I wish that I had the MPC decks in my hand now though to get a better idea.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm curious about MPC as well. I am currently backing their KS and from the sound of it, they have quite a few higher-level features available over what a "Print poorly on smooth paper" manufacturer would have. I get the feeling that they are wanting to become a strong custom contender with USPCC. I wish that I had the MPC decks in my hand now though to get a better idea.

I've heard of designers using MPC to make a test deck before going to USPC for a full print run.  MPC charges much less and the quality is close-but-not-quite to USPC - better than the average cheaply-made deck.  It's good to have a test deck for making your presentation video and using a physical object rather than a bunch of sketches and computer-generated images.

One designer mentioned using Zazzle for making a test deck - he mentioned they had decent printing but terrible handling.  Plus Zazzle is more limiting and more expensive - as far as I know, they get sheets with pre-printed faces from USPC, similar to what USPC does for the Congress brand, so getting custom faces beyond their limited design selection is not even offered, though they do offer a more generic face set for less than half the price of a "Bicycle-branded" deck with USPC/Bicycle faces.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:44:14 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:32 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
You can get some free samples from MPC by going to their website.

As far as quality  a lot of the smaller print companies are digital only shops.  This tends  to limit paper stock and coating options due to heat that the toner liquefies. So it might look great, but can lack on the finishing side. Almost all print companies have their equipment listed online. For Digital and a super small or demo runs you cant go wrong with a Indigo for digital.

Your best quality of course is going to be offset.

ps.. I headed the digital department of a southern US  company that does the Magic and Pokemon cards. So if anyone has a print, paper, or finishing questions feel free to  PM me

I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I actually prefer the 1st concept more than the actual one. I don't know why, but the final product of the courts seem abit..plain. I was hoping there could be slightly more detailing on the courts than just grey tone shading. After all, so much detailing has been put into the faded background, it seems a little wasted to just stop there.

Maybe the designer has tried it and it looks to complex, i do not know. But, just hoping to see a little more.

I agree with Don here. I could tell the "A" would stand for Aquila, but throwing a Cyrillic letter in there does no justice to the deck. Creating a customised "A" font with some relation to the theme would definitely do much better especially when u are putting emphasis on it.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 09:15:24 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, we're trying to make some improvement while we're waiting for the prototype deck.
I'm changing the face of the QoS, hopefully this one will look better as Don said she has a swollen forehead  ;)

BiggerDee : we're only seeing a review how the MPC deck handling, hopefully this link could help how is the handling of the MPC deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI27a5YDt70

PurpleIce : IMO the 1st concept is just like a color change, so we're trying to make a new court from scratch, and we want to make it looks simple, while we put some detail on the background.
The Cycrilic "de" has been change, I've posted the new "A" character above  ;)

Here is some pict of the Joker, we're making the prototype with the 1st concept, but I feel it's kinda lazy with just to snap a back design into the joker, so I'm changing with the new Joker concept  ;)

1st Joker concept

New Joker concept

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Queen looks better!

I prefer the original jokers - the new ones are too reminiscent of the Bicycle Asura decks.  On the joker with the reveal, swap positions between the reveal card's name and "Aquila" - it hides better, making for a big surprise when the spectator finally spots it.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:09 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
In their last KS deck update, MPC talks about wanting to be a power in the playing card industry, and have standard decks available widespread. If they get their quality up there, and allow designers to push the envelope while delivering fast printing, they may just become a decent force. It's worth watching at the least.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
PurpleIce : IMO the 1st concept is just like a color change, so we're trying to make a new court from scratch, and we want to make it looks simple, while we put some detail on the background.
The Cycrilic "de" has been change, I've posted the new "A" character above  ;)

Hi Adhex,

I do understand the 1st concept is just a colour change from a standard court card. What i'm trying to say is its just weird to see nice detailing on the background, jokers, and even the pips have an outlining, but the courts just seem a little "flat". I'm not saying you should use the 1st concept, but maybe, say, add minor detailing to the king's crown as according to your deck concept?

I may be wrong and i welcome people to correct me, but Garuda is a mythical bird-like creature who is the mount of Vishnu. Going back to the Hindi religion, past impressions is that though they are clothed simply, accessories and jeweleries like crowns and bangles are quite intricately designed. Be it Buddhism or Hinduism, which i believe have some cross relations or influences of each other, they all have very detailed drawings in their artwork, sculptures and architecture. (Which is how i know a small part of these information through studying Balinese architecture.)

Don't get me wrong. I think it is a really nice deck. It is just a first impression when i see the images that i thought more could be done. But i am not the one designing the deck, and i know a lot probably needs to be "tried and tested" before knowing whats best. For all i may know, simplicity might be the best way to go. It is just my personal opinion of adding more detailing when i first see the court cards.

I prefer the original jokers - the new ones are too reminiscent of the Bicycle Asura decks.  On the joker with the reveal, swap positions between the reveal card's name and "Aquila" - it hides better, making for a big surprise when the spectator finally spots it.

I'm not too sure about this Don. I like the overall look, the wings and the reveal in the 1st concept of the joker, but the new concept looks more like an actual sculpture of his theme. While there are some similarities, Asura is more human-like, while his is more bird-like. And Asura sounds like it is probably from a similar background and Garuda as well.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Hi Adhex,

I do understand the 1st concept is just a colour change from a standard court card. What i'm trying to say is its just weird to see nice detailing on the background, jokers, and even the pips have an outlining, but the courts just seem a little "flat". I'm not saying you should use the 1st concept, but maybe, say, add minor detailing to the king's crown as according to your deck concept?

I may be wrong and i welcome people to correct me, but Garuda is a mythical bird-like creature who is the mount of Vishnu. Going back to the Hindi religion, past impressions is that though they are clothed simply, accessories and jeweleries like crowns and bangles are quite intricately designed. Be it Buddhism or Hinduism, which i believe have some cross relations or influences of each other, they all have very detailed drawings in their artwork, sculptures and architecture. (Which is how i know a small part of these information through studying Balinese architecture.)

Don't get me wrong. I think it is a really nice deck. It is just a first impression when i see the images that i thought more could be done. But i am not the one designing the deck, and i know a lot probably needs to be "tried and tested" before knowing whats best. For all i may know, simplicity might be the best way to go. It is just my personal opinion of adding more detailing when i first see the court cards.

You're right about Garuda, it's also a national symbol for Indonesia, which also inspired us to make a playing card that contain an Indonesian culture. Thanks for the advice on the court card, we'll stay on this simple design atm, but it might also changed as we make improvement for that. Really appreciate it.

I've to agree with Purple for the Joker, so we'll use the 2nd concept joker for the deck. If you notice there's also a 3 of Hearts reveal on the joker.

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I've to agree with Purple for the Joker, so we'll use the 2nd concept joker for the deck. If you notice there's also a 3 of Hearts reveal on the joker.

I finally found that reveal - man, that thing is hidden!  It's too easily mistaken for something else, I think.  Consider doing what Ellusionist did for the Arcane Jokeress.  Yours can say "The Myth" on one card, "3Hearts" on the other card and disguise the reveal to look more like the other card's phrase.  The beauty of a reveal is that you want the spectator to find it, unbidden from you, so it comes as more of a shock when they spot the change.  Hidden is good, but your present reveal seems just TOO well hidden.

Any magicians feel like weighing in on that?

Alternately, you have the choice to ditch the reveal altogether.  The trend seems to be going away from reveals - perhaps they were thought to be too gimmicky?  There's a lot more three-year-old decks with reveals than there are new decks.  With a deck like yours, the selling point is less about utility for magicians and more about the beauty of the cards, am I right?

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 12:19:09 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
So i did some quick research on Asura with my 2 best friend, google and wiki, seems that its tied together with Hinduism as well.

Just FYI.

In Hinduism, the asuras (Sanskrit: असुर) are non-suras, a different group of power-seeking deities besides the suras, sometimes considered naturalists, or nature-beings, in constant battle with the devas.

Deva (देव in Devanagari script) is the Sanskrit word for deity, its related feminine term is devi. In modern Hinduism, it can be loosely interpreted as any benevolent supernatural being. The devas in Hinduism, also called Suras, are often juxtaposed to the Asuras, their half brothers.[1] Devas are also the maintainers of the realms as ordained by the Trimurti. They are often warring with their equally powerful counterparts, the Asuras.

I finally found that reveal - man, that thing is hidden!  It's too easily mistaken for something else, I think.  Consider doing what Ellusionist did for the Arcane Jokeress.  Yours can say "The Myth" on one card, "3Hearts" on the other card and disguise the reveal to look more like the other card's phrase.  The beauty of a reveal is that you want the spectator to find it, unbidden from you, so it comes as more of a shock when they spot the change.  Hidden is good, but your present reveal seems just TOO well hidden.

I don't know about trends and history of reveals, so i won't comment on if it should be included. Neither will i comment on how a reveal should be disguised.

But it being "TOO well hidden", that i agree. I'm no magician, but i can imagine a situation whereby a magician will ask the audience too see closer or even requiring to point it out to him/her where the reveal is, which i believe is a bit of a damper on the mood and "wow" effect.

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 06:01:10 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
So i did some quick research on Asura with my 2 best friend, google and wiki, seems that its tied together with Hinduism as well.

Just FYI.

In Hinduism, the asuras (Sanskrit: असुर) are non-suras, a different group of power-seeking deities besides the suras, sometimes considered naturalists, or nature-beings, in constant battle with the devas.

Deva (देव in Devanagari script) is the Sanskrit word for deity, its related feminine term is devi. In modern Hinduism, it can be loosely interpreted as any benevolent supernatural being. The devas in Hinduism, also called Suras, are often juxtaposed to the Asuras, their half brothers.[1] Devas are also the maintainers of the realms as ordained by the Trimurti. They are often warring with their equally powerful counterparts, the Asuras.

I don't know about trends and history of reveals, so i won't comment on if it should be included. Neither will i comment on how a reveal should be disguised.

But it being "TOO well hidden", that i agree. I'm no magician, but i can imagine a situation whereby a magician will ask the audience too see closer or even requiring to point it out to him/her where the reveal is, which i believe is a bit of a damper on the mood and "wow" effect.

Yes, I realize the reveal is actually "too hidden".
I create a new one with the 3oH stay on the head, and added 7Hearts according to Don suggestion.

When we start design this deck, we're actually aim both magician and collector, even card flourisher that could use this deck. So we create this deck with a marking system and the reveal joker. Here is the back design.

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 08:15:29 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Wait the new joker has a reveal? I cant find it, spent 10 minutes looking.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member

Yes, it has 3 of Hearts and 7HEARTS (look at the 2nd joker, right side).
actually the 7HEARTS is very obvious  :D
www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
holy shit batman! I finally found the 3 of hearts ( I was looking at the original new joker without the 7) yea that one is way to hidden.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
I love the backs and the court cards. I personally would leave the background pattern out of  the standard cards. It just never looks right when printed to me,  like the suits were but on as an afterthought  Maybe print the flowers in gold metallic on the court cards? Gold metallic ink seems to excite people.  check out the Dan and Dave HMNIM cards somehow they really made the metallic ink look metallic.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yes, it has 3 of Hearts and 7HEARTS (look at the 2nd joker, right side).
actually the 7HEARTS is very obvious  :D

Believe me, when dealing with spectators, it's not so obvious - but it can be spotted, and that's the point...

If you really wanted to hide it, make the non-reveal joker read "THE ARTS" instead of "THE MYTH" - changing the "T" to a "7" is very subtle, the kind of thing that makes you do a double-take, but it's also not completely undetectable, either.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:17:00 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Thank you everyone for your support, we will note some of your advice  ;)

Yesterday we've received the prototype deck from MPC, they're handle good but not as what we're expected.
In the last couple days we've been talking with Legends Playing Card Company, and we're so excited that they able to print this deck.
So we'll switch to Legends Playing Card Co. to print this deck.
We'll be launching the deck on Kickstarter soon, Release Date TBA while we're finalizing the artwork.
www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Keep an eye out....

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hmm..

Seem a little quiet in here!

Here's a new image to hopefully get the conversation started!

Recent Post:
+ Designers: Realising the Vision with Lotrek of Venexiana Playing Cards fb.me/6AdE6sqej
+ Analytics: Project by Numbers- Federal 52 Pt II http://fb.me/2OyvCJgXU
+ Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Requiem Playing Cards http://fb.me/WKgT2S0e

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hmm..

Seem a little quiet in here!

Here's a new image to hopefully get the conversation started!

Very nice tucks!  Looking forward to this deck.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Some additional project information for those interested:
  • Standard Edition print run of 2500
  • Limited Editions print run of 1000 (Features Blind Embosing and Gold Foil)
  • Limited Edition Sets ONLY 500 (Matching serial numbered set, one SE, one LE, holographi serial numbered seals on the tuck boxes, not cello. Delivered in a custom display box with a signed CoA from Ade)
  • Printed by Legends Playing Card Company
We're currently waiting on some of the approval stages, so not too much longer to launch day..........we'll keep everyone posted.

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
What is blind embossing?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
What is blind embossing?

It just means there are embossesd design elements that wont have foil to accent the "raised" or embossed area.

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
All the approvals are in and we have a launch date:

Wednesday April 23rd @ 7:00 AM CDT!!

Please visit the Official Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/AquilaPlayingCards

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Very cool looking deck -- I love the Garuda in the back design and the Ace of Spades (I'm from India, and so the Garuda is a celebrated figure there also).

And then to top it off, printing the deck with the Legends Playing Card Company... excellent choice!! The diamond finish offered by the LPCC is far superior to anything that the USPCC can offer at present.

Excellent design, and excellent printer... a winning combination! I'll definitely be in for a brick (or two!).
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2014, 12:25:21 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Some details on how all this came to be.

Revealed: Aquila Playing Cards and Kardify Projects

http://www.kardify.com/2014/04/revealed-aquila-playing-cards-and.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Less than 24 hours to launch, I want to thank everyone for their input on the deck and especially Ade, who's been great to work with and very understanding of critiques and suggestions.

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:15 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Good luck with this guys! :)
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thanks Paul.............

...........and we are LIVE!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kardify/aquila-playing-cards

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You beat me to it.  Just backed for a mixed quad.

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thanks for the support Don!

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Good luck with this guys! :)

Thanks for your support Paul  ;)

You beat me to it.  Just backed for a mixed quad.

Don, Thanks for your support, suggestion and advice for Aquila.Really appreciate it!  :D
www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Can somebody explain the difference between the Legends Playing Card Company and the Expert Playing Card Company? Are they both trademarks of Conjuring Arts?

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
None of them are trademark of Conjuring arts as far as i know.  They are both different companies. EPCC first release was the Global Titans deck I believe.  LPCC first release was the legends #852 and is runned by lawrence Sullivan. I think Don can answer this question best
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:36:02 AM by badpete69 »

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
Can somebody explain the difference between the Legends Playing Card Company and the Expert Playing Card Company? Are they both trademarks of Conjuring Arts?

From my understanding, Legends Playing Card Company is the actual factory, main person is Lawrence Sullivan, while Expert Playing Card Company is headed by Bill Kalush and collaborates with LPCC to produce decks. I think EPCC is sort of a liason between designers and LPCC. Of course, designers could always go to LPCC directly, as with this case.

But... I could be wrong.

Re: Aquila Playing Cards - LIVE on Kickstarter!
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I'm confused as I saw this page:
http://tuckcase.com/2013/07/10/new-release-conjuring-arts-research-center-launches-the-expert-playing-card-co-debuts-global-titans/
My Exquisite Decks and Global Titan decks say on the tuck "Expert Playing Card Company".
My Legends 1st Edition tuck has multiple references to Lawrence Sullivan, but none to Legends Playing Card Co.

Legends and Exquisite cards have much the same smooth feel, while the Global Titans are much coarser -- and they are made in Shanghai, not Taiwan. So I'm guessing that the Aquila cards will feel like the Legends and Exquisite?

/bama
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:11:28 PM by bamabenz »

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:53 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
I'm confused as I saw this page:
http://tuckcase.com/2013/07/10/new-release-conjuring-arts-research-center-launches-the-expert-playing-card-co-debuts-global-titans/
My Exquisite Decks and Global Titan decks say on the tuck "Expert Playing Card Company".
My Legends 1st Edition tuck has multiple references to Lawrence Sullivan, but none to Legends Playing Card Co.

Legends and Exquisite cards have much the same smooth feel, while the Global Titans are much coarser -- and they are made in Shanghai, not Taiwan. So I'm guessing that the Aquila cards will feel like the Legends and Exquisite?

/bama

Hi Bamabenz,
Badpete and Sher was right, Expert Playing Card Co. is runned by Bill Kalush and Legends Playing Card Co. is runned by Lawrence Sullivan.
For the Aquila we're working directly with Lawrence Sullivan to produce Aquila.
Aquila will be printed using the Taiwan printer. It will have same card stock with Legends v2 and Exquisite, and will be using Diamond Finish.

www.threeofclubs.net

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
It is confusing: Expert PCC is a 501(c)3 "Not for Profit" under CARC headed by William "Bill" Kalush and Legends PCC is a Nevada corporation owned by Lawrence Sullivan as I understand what I have been told by Bill.  They both use the same factory, which the name escapes me at the moment, but if you contact them they tell you to use their "North American Agent" Expert PCC.

The factory is Shanghai was canned after they printed those Global Titans, as far as I know neither is using them now nor has plans to do so.

You should expect these decks with the new finish a la Sharps to be the same quality and handling as the Exquisites and Legends v2 decks, amongst others.
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Mike & Adhex,

Thanks for the explanation. So Legends and Expert are two independent U.S. entities that happen to use the same, or at least overlapping printers. Expert has a deal with the factory to be their official US rep, but others may work directly with them.

I'm curious if you know of more decks produced by this factory?

Anyways, the Aquila project looks awesome, I'm in for a Limited and Mixed Dual.

BTW, you may want to change your tag to Playing Cards:
https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/games/playing%20cards

/bama
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:51:28 PM by bamabenz »

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Here's the story as I know it, folks.

Bill Kalush is the Director of the Conjuring Arts Research Center (CARC).  He produced several decks of cards with USPC, but wanted to take a different course, scouted out many printers from around the world, and settled on one located in Taiwan, the name of which is an industry secret.  He used another location from Shanghai, but the cards from that plant weren't as well received.  There are some old-school card men who swear by them, but they do take considerably more breaking in.

Bill worked with Lawrence Sullivan in the production of his Legends deck, version 1, from which the Legends Playing Card Company grew.  They both are exclusive agents of the same printer in Taiwan.  Legends PCC appear to be taking orders from designers in the Far East, while Expert PCC is taking orders from designers in North America and Europe.

Anything more than that, I'd actually have to ask Bill.

BTW: you guys do realize that not only is Bill a member here, but that the Expert Playing Card Company has an official sticky topic in the Plethora?  Right?  And that there's an official "company rep" rank, with a company identity for EPCC, specifically created for answering questions and disseminating information about upcoming releases?

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself around here...  :))

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran

Bill Kalush is the Director of the Conjuring Arts Research Center (CARC).  He produced several decks of cards with USPC, but wanted to take a different course, scouted out many printers from around the world, and settled on one located in Taiwan, the name of which is an industry secret.  He used another location from Shanghai, but the cards from that plant weren't as well received.  There are some old-school card men who swear by them, but they do take considerably more breaking in.

Bill worked with Lawrence Sullivan in the production of his Legends deck, version 1, from which the Legends Playing Card Company grew.  They both are exclusive agents of the same printer in Taiwan.  Legends PCC appear to be taking orders from designers in the Far East, while Expert PCC is taking orders from designers in North America and Europe.

BTW: you guys do realize that not only is Bill a member here, but that the Expert Playing Card Company has an official sticky topic in the Plethora?  Right?  And that there's an official "company rep" rank, with a company identity for EPCC, specifically created for answering questions and disseminating information about upcoming releases?

Thanks for the info, Don. Yes, I did notice those things, and was half expecting the "company rep" to clear this up, though I would have given them a day or two since I'm not sure how often they visit the forums...

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just hit 70% of the funding goal! :D

Here's a quick overview of the diamond tens, courts and aces for both the LE and SE from the latest Backer's update.

Recent Post:
+ Designers: Realising the Vision with Lotrek of Venexiana Playing Cards fb.me/6AdE6sqej
+ Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Requiem Playing Cards http://fb.me/WKgT2S0e

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Sweet courts, Ivan! I love them and I am certain that I am not the only one! I noticed that Don is a backer as well...
> Mike <

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »

Aptombstone

• True Member
backed this project too

I think i prefer the standard courts over the limited ones. they remind me of the Noc v2 courts. luckily i don't have to choose since i got two of each!

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
According to the most recent update, you kinda do have to choose now. They are looking for feedback on a potential redesign, where the courts for the Standard edition have the same line art as the LE, but with the coloration that is seen on the current Standard design. If you prefer the less complicated art of the current SE (or, for that matter, if you like the more sophisticated version), you should head on over there and let your voice be heard.

Or, um, let your typing be read.

You get the idea.
There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I have actually said myself to Lawrence that there's lots of confusion over the differences between LPCC and EPCC but then I guess they'll still be working and collaborating quite a lot so it dies blur the lines a little. Don- don't forget actually the LUXX is European and being printed by Legends so it's not a hard and fast rule.

~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have actually said myself to Lawrence that there's lots of confusion over the differences between LPCC and EPCC but then I guess they'll still be working and collaborating quite a lot so it dies blur the lines a little. Don- don't forget actually the LUXX is European and being printed by Legends so it's not a hard and fast rule.

...which only goes to prove just how confusing the actual situation can seem at times!

I can tell you this.  If you were walking around in Taipei, stumbled upon this factory by sheer chance and asked in perfect Mandarin about placing an order for custom playing cards, you'd be referred to the Expert PCC on West 30th Street in New York.

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2014, 02:28:23 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
...which only goes to prove just how confusing the actual situation can seem at times!

I can tell you this.  If you were walking around in Taipei, stumbled upon this factory by sheer chance and asked in perfect Mandarin about placing an order for custom playing cards, you'd be referred to the Expert PCC on West 30th Street in New York.
Don't you love Globalization?  :-\

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2014, 02:44:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don't you love Globalization?  :-\

Well, it's not like USPC hasn't been given a LOT of chances by a lot of designers to make a good deck for them, only to make mistakes of their own doing and trying to push blame elsewhere.

It reminds me of a story I read in the news a few years back.  There was a new US company on the West Coast that went into business to make flat-panel computer monitors back when they were rapidly replacing the old CRTs people had been using.  They lobbied Congress for protection, claiming that overseas manufacturers were paying pennies on the dollar to their employees compared to what the American company had to pay and that it was destroying their ability to compete.  So Congress put tariffs into place to make cheap, foreign LCD screens suddenly more expensive.

The deal didn't last for very long, once Congress got wind of the fact that the American company was selling monitors that were actually made overseas...

This case isn't identical by any means, but it shares the common theme of a company being given a fair shot and in the end being found wanting.  A cheaper competitor can make a better product that costs significantly less - USPC needs to get on the ball if they don't want to lose that business, but considering that they're a division of a huge conglomerate, it's as likely to occur as someone waking up a rock.  They probably won't be able to react in time to keep Expert and others from making a dent in their lucrative custom deck sales.  How big of a dent remains to be seen.

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
We've posted a new Revision of the decks in our latest update for those of you who would like to check it out!

Looking forward to some feedback  :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kardify/aquila-playing-cards/posts/823548

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Another look at the updated courts  ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kardify/aquila-playing-cards/posts

85% Funded! Thanks for your support!

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just about there folks, thanks so much for your continued support!

Now this weeks update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kardify/aquila-playing-cards/posts/830075

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
SPARKZ was kind enough to send me a sneak peek of Aquila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQiuzNjwnI0
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Very nice, David! Good job as always!
> Mike <

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
SPARKZ was kind enough to send me a sneak peek of Aquila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQiuzNjwnI0

Your welcome and Thank You! Awesome job as always David  :D

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
ha ha, then how come my reputation is still ZERO!  :D No love... no love....

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 11:01:46 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
ha ha, then how come my reputation is still ZERO!  :D No love... no love....

a little love +1
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:53 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
VALIDATION!!!!  :bosswalk:

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2014, 04:32:36 AM »

shadowkat

• True Member
Thanks for the opportunity to win the prototype!  If you folks haven't seen Magic's sneak peak or contest, take a look.  check out the link in Magic Orthodoxy's signature. 

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
ugh! Fickle backers! It was up over 26K when I went to bed, and now it's under....

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
ugh! Fickle backers! It was up over 26K when I went to bed, and now it's under....

It happens, no worries ;)

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »

shadowkat

• True Member
Almost to the 27,ooo.oo mark for the latest stretch goal.  A little under 200.oo needed.  If you were going to pledge this, don't forget, you only have 46 hours!  Help push it to the next stretch goal!  #Aquila #Kardify #3ofClubs

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Almost to the 27,ooo.oo mark for the latest stretch goal.  A little under 200.oo needed.  If you were going to pledge this, don't forget, you only have 46 hours!  Help push it to the next stretch goal!  #Aquila #Kardify #3ofClubs

I recommend not using the letter "o" or "O" as a substitute for a zero.  On the bizarre chance anyone chose to use the number as a search parameter it would never turn up unless they knew exactly how you "spelled" it.  :))

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2014, 06:04:30 AM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
 :D

Second stretch goal unlocked! Final 24 hours...!

Recent Post:

Aquila Playing Cards - Post KS Pre-Order!
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2014, 11:29:11 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
For those who might be interested  :)

http://kardifyprojects.storenvy.com/

Re: Aquila Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2014, 11:37:02 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
A sneak peak at the Aquila Standard Tuck, so cool to see it coming to life

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2014, 12:51:30 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Things are coming along....

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2014, 03:21:08 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
That embossing looks awesome. The middle picture almost looks like another layer on top of the tuck. The print alignment looks spot on.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thanks Rob, its coming together nicely and we couldn't be happier......another peek

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:37 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
We want to thank everyone for their continued support and let everyone know that Pre-Orders will be closed on Sept. 26th on the limited supply of Aquila Standard, Limited Edition, Box Sets and Un Cut Sheets that remain...Don't miss out!

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
UPDATE: Aquila has started shipping  :D

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
UPDATE: Aquila has started shipping  :D

When I update the Awards topics tonight, I'll make sure any "pre-nominations" it received are listed as eligible.

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2014, 06:33:53 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
A few quick pics

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Really awesome looking decks!

I'm kicking myself for having been out of funds during the KS campaign, and during the pre-order time.

... and so unless the LPCC has a few for sale on their website in the near future, I'll be seeing only sky-high prices on eBay!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Really awesome looking decks!

I'm kicking myself for having been out of funds during the KS campaign, and during the pre-order time.

... and so unless the LPCC has a few for sale on their website in the near future, I'll be seeing only sky-high prices on eBay!

Odds are the decks are not all spoken for already.  Most projects have some amount left over.

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
You are corect Don, we have a limited amount left that will be available once all rewards are shipped and we hang on to a few for replacement of any damaged items from shipping....

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Awesome!!

In that case, I'll be able to score a few a few, now that I've sold off some of my USPCC decks :D

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2014, 07:00:22 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just a quick update, all rewards will be out by Wednesday  :D

We have a few with address issues, but outside of that, pretty much smooth sailing!

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just a quick note that seems to have been forgotten by many, the Aquila Standard Edition is a Marked deck, if you would like the key please email me at anthony@kardify.com  ;)

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I like to hunt and see if I can discover it on my own first. If I fail, I'll definitely be asking for the key.  ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2014, 12:30:40 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I like to hunt and see if I can discover it on my own first. If I fail, I'll definitely be asking for the key.  ;)
I asked for the key, but as it turns out they fail the riffle test.

/bama

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

/bama

Well that makes it easy, hahaha.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

/bama

Well that makes it easy, hahaha.

I've seen perhaps two designs that didn't fail the riffle test.  One was a Madison deck, I think the Dealers - there was so much pattern and the markings were tiny.  The other is the Bicycle Series 1800 - the aged, weathered look completely conceals the markings because EVERYTHING is changing from card to card...

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2014, 04:18:00 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
You saw Sharps with the riffle?

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2014, 04:24:21 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Don, the Madison Dealers definitely do fail the riffle test -- if they didn't, it would have taken my 9 year old cousin a lot longer than 7 or 8 seconds to spot the markings.

The only deck with a "readable" back design that I know of which truly passes the riffle test is the Sharps.

Going back to the Aquilla deck, even if it doesn't pass the riffle test, it's still really cool back design!

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, the Madison Dealers definitely do fail the riffle test -- if they didn't, it would have taken my 9 year old cousin a lot longer than 7 or 8 seconds to spot the markings.

The only deck with a "readable" back design that I know of which truly passes the riffle test is the Sharps.

Going back to the Aquilla deck, even if it doesn't pass the riffle test, it's still really cool back design!

It could have been a different deck - he has so many with similar names I can't keep them straight.

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The Kardify Projects Store is now open, we will be releasing a Forum Members Discount code on Cyber Monday " 1FORUM5" for 15% off your order :)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:47:05 AM by Anthony »

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
The Kardify Projects Store is now open, we will be releasing a Forum Members Discount code on Cyber Monday " 1FORUM5" for 15% off your order :)
Thanks the link did not work for me, but I found it anyway. Is this a Kardify Store or your own store? Thanks!  :)

« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »

piratebear81

• 52 Plus Joker Member
The more I see the photos of the box set the more I want.   I couldn't pick up any through the KS campaign but I hope I will be able to this Friday.

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2014, 02:54:49 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thanks the link did not work for me, but I found it anyway. Is this a Kardify Store or your own store? Thanks!  :)

Rose, this is the Kardify Project store, it's the retail outlet for the Aquila Project that was launched by us, Kardfy and 3 of Clubs (Ade Suryanna and company) we'll most likely use it for the retail end of our projects.

Not sure what was up with the link, it seems to work for me  :-\

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2014, 01:01:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I tried it, too - working.

It could have been a one-time glitch in your local DNS - I've seen it happen before.

« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:01 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Man I always miss out on seeing the decks when they come out. Might have to keep my eyes open on friday.

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just a reminder now that all the Black Friday hub-bub is over, the forum disount is active and has no experation date, "1FORUM5" for 15% off your order  :)

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just a reminder now that all the Black Friday hub-bub is over, the forum disount is active and has no experation date, "1FORUM5" for 15% off your order  :)

Don't forget to drop that knowledge bomb here, too!
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=6124.0