You are Here:
Tzolk'in Playing Cards by Nic Carter (KS)

Author (Read 4456 times)

Re: Tzolk'in Playing Cards by Nic Carter (KS)
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Seriously guys its a deck of cards at £5 not a château-fort in south France, you either back the deck or don't.

If you bothered to read my kickstarter you would see the trivial question that was so important was already answered, but you don't want answers you just enjoy leaving your self important replies about "Thumb prints" and other elitist and irrelevant nonsense.

Don, don't feature any of my future campaigns on your forum  as I don't require the opinions of self righteous elitists such as yourself, hence why I ignore your "questions".

If you find this rude, unfortunately you will just have to go out and get a life.

True, it's a pack of cards, not a piece of valuable real estate.  But we take playing cards seriously around here.  It's pretty much the raison d'être of the website - see, I can use French, too!  We care about who makes them, what they're made of, how they're made and so on.

I read your entire project page and all the updates.  You simply mention that you're using the same printer as your old deck - you never actually named the printer anywhere.  The Vivido deck project page doesn't say who printed it, either - it says it's not MPC and the Ace of Spades says it's "Designed in Great Britain."  That's it.  The MAX Playing Cards article about Vivido states they're printed in Taiwan - but since Taiwan has dozens of printers, that doesn't even narrow it down.  Your Facebook page doesn't say jack about who manufactured either deck.  So your statement about the "trivial" question being answered is a bald-faced lie.

"Self important replies about 'Thumb prints' and other elitist and irrelevant nonsense?"  Did you happen to notice that the other people here were asking the SAME, EXACT QUESTION?  We all got no answer from you worth the paper you didn't print it on.

Come back when you're less full of shit, if you don't mind.  The only self-righteous person on this topic is the one trying to promote a deck but refusing to answer a simple question from his potential customers - or I should say lost customers.  It's a shame because the design wasn't bad at all - I might have even backed it.  But when you dodged a simple question like your ass was on fire, people around here started waving red flags - it made you look like you were being dishonest.  Your indignation is completely unjustified and disingenuous.  The fact that you're now lying about your supposed answer to a "trivial" question (and the fact that you think it's that trivial when obviously you're the only one here who does) isn't exactly improving the situation for you.

As far as the decks we feature around here, we'll feature what we damn well please.  You may or may not like the coverage, but since we're based in the US and the First Amendment to the US Constitution guarantees freedom of speech, too fucking bad.  (See, now you have something to be genuinely upset about with proper justification!  I exercised free speech!)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/