Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks to everyone that supported my little project. Tendril is officially printed and will be in my hands (and all of yours) very soon. Awesomely quick turnaround from USPCC on this one!

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=19

Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: Tendril - It's Official
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
AWESOME!! This has to be the fastest printed deck of the Kickstarter decks I have backed :) :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:38 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats on them being printed! From what I can see, it looks great! These got printed fast and hopefully it won't be too long before we all have them in our hands  :D

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Wow, If you send these out soon you will finally give me faith in kickstarter

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:49 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Congrats, that was indeed very fast.

I wonder if USPCC lets the custom projects build up for a bit then does them all at the same time.  Then they switch back to pumping out the 808's and other standard decks.  It would make sense financially to do that.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That was incredibly fast printing. Again congrats on the funding and now congrats on the printing. Can't wait for Aurum :t11:
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Good job to the to Encarded and the USPC for pumping these out nice and fast so we can get them in our hands soon. Can't wait :)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats, that was indeed very fast.

I wonder if USPCC lets the custom projects build up for a bit then does them all at the same time.  Then they switch back to pumping out the 808's and other standard decks.  It would make sense financially to do that.

I wondered that too. I know that the spectrum deck got printed yesterday, so it could very well be that I got lucky with my timing. We'll see what happens next time. :)
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
My cards were finished a week ago, they are being shipped out today or tomorrow.  I know mine was delayed due to the legal issue with the logo (after it was approved), but mine has seriously taken way too long to come out.  They must do them in batches, that's the only way it makes sense in my head.

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Wow, If you send these out soon you will finally give me faith in kickstarter

I second this.. I too have lost faith in the whole kickstarter thing and to get this deck soon might rekindle that faith.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That will be my new tagline "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter."

:)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That will be my new tagline "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter."

What a frightening thought!  :))

Looking forward to getting mine, I know that.  There's a lot of customs getting done all at once so there may be something to that thought.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
The printing is super fast .. hope to get my hand on the deck asap ,glad that i pledged for the deck :D

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:39 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
The timing shows that uspcc does indeed print in batches. Apparently that timing lines up for this deck, which is great. But this should also open our eyes a little bit and allow us to have a little more understanding for the other decks who have waited for seems like an eternity for printing...this is seeking to fall on uspcc and no the actual deck company.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The timing shows that uspcc does indeed print in batches. Apparently that timing lines up for this deck, which is great. But this should also open our eyes a little bit and allow us to have a little more understanding for the other decks who have waited for seems like an eternity for printing...this is seeking to fall on uspcc and no the actual deck company.

We've know that one for a looong time!  They schedule according to what's convenient for them.  What business with the power to do so wouldn't?

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Some details on the timeline of how I'm planning to get Tendril out to you all.

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=20
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Thank you for the update and be upfront with what you are doing so that we can know what to expect. Pretty standup thing to do.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Congrats on the printing! An awesome deck deserves a fast print. :D (Not that the other decks that took time to print weren't good).

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
My cards were finished a week ago, they are being shipped out today or tomorrow.  I know mine was delayed due to the legal issue with the logo (after it was approved), but mine has seriously taken way too long to come out.  They must do them in batches, that's the only way it makes sense in my head.

Delays are inevitable, but mine took about 1.5 months from contract signing to being printed to completion. I encountered tons of other delays including design issues, and right now I am still waiting on a portion of my shipment to arrive from them. It seems like it's all about luck with the USPC. My order was delayed due to various issues by about three months. I know Lance's was delayed by what, almost a year? Yours has been delayed for what looks like five months now.

Paul, and the other designers at the moment, probably just got lucky in their timing since very few decks are being printed right now. We had 1-2 new decks every week in November-February. Now it's like one or two new decks a month.

Anyway, congrats Paul! Receiving the cards will be a bittersweet moment for you. Filling your home with all that stuff will make you sad, but seeing your work in person will make you quite happy I'd imagine.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Maybe change it into something like this:
 "Encarded: single-handedly putting faith back into Kickstarter Custom deck projects."

So that its a bit more Specific. :P LoL!

Anyway, A huge Congrats to you guys! Lucky that the Tendril is going to be printed out sooner than expected.
I really am so stoked on getting these. :P

CHEERS!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got the shipping confirmation today for my 8 Tendril printing plates and will have those on Tuesday. :) I'll be sure to share some pictures once I get them and then I'll have to decide what precisely I want to do with them. 2 are going to be framed in my office but the others....
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
too funny, same for me!  2 emails one for plates one for cards!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I got the shipping confirmation today for my 8 Tendril printing plates and will have those on Tuesday. :) I'll be sure to share some pictures once I get them and then I'll have to decide what precisely I want to do with them. 2 are going to be framed in my office but the others....
...you could give me one ;) Haha but that is awesome! I can't wait for my Tendril decks :) I have been looking at the pics on KS for the last like week :-[

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
...you could give me one ;) Haha but that is awesome! I can't wait for my Tendril decks :) I have been looking at the pics on KS for the last like week :-[

Did you want a shipping confirmation, or a picture?  (I know, lame humor...)

This is all excellent news and I'm sure I speak for the masses when I say I WANT MY TENDRIL DECKS, MAN!  :))

BTW: got my Eco Clip prototypes - I'm really looking forward to the Tendril Eco clips now!

Now, here's a HUGE question for you, Paul - maybe one of the biggest ones you've ever seen...  (oooooo....)

If given the option, would you continue to make Tendril decks, much like how Ellusionist continues to manufacture the Artifice, Infinity, Arcane, etc.?, as long as there was a demand for it to be printed?  Would you want it to become an ongoing brand?  I'm asking this now because while I know you stated you'd never reprint, and I don't expect you to, you said that from the opposite end of this entire process and I'm interested if your view of things has changed at all now that you're preparing to cross the finish line.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well, this Tendril deck will never be redone as promised. I owe that to everyone that expects it to remain a unique item. My next deck will be quite the different animal (with what I think might be some more brand new design features never seen before). That said, I love the overall theme of Tendril and while the design you see now will not be released again, I can see using some of the elements in a whole new way and maybe creating a "sister" deck to it, perhaps an opposite of sorts that uses some of the design theme. That thought has crossed my mind, but it is important for me to honor what I've stated about the original, regardless of how lucrative it may be to do otherwise.

Coming up with brand new ideas is a tricky thing, that's for sure. I'm finding Aurum to be much more challenging, as I want to create a new and unique item that makes people just as excited as Tendril did but in a whole new way. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That's all excellent news to hear, bro!  Thanks for the very thoughtful answer.

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If you missed out on the Tendril deck on Kickstarter, now is your chance to pre-order your decks direct from the Encarded store. We will have a limited number of regular and gold-seal decks available coming soon.

Get all the info here: http://encarded.com/index.php?id=21
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
If I preorder a brick from the Encarded store will it come in one of those plain white cardboard boxes I've seen other bricks come in? I'd like to have something to store the decks in.

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Honestly I was not planning on sending the decks in those boxes for a few reasons. First, to my knowledge that brick box doesn't actually fit in a normal USPS flat rate mailing box which was my planned shipment method for my products. So, if I wanted to send the brick box I'd need to double-box it (to provide protection) and it would then cost everybody a lot more just to get a simple white box (which doesn't seem worth it).

With the flat rate mailer I can put the decks in there along with plenty of bubble wrap and the like, and send it all at a cheaper rate. I personally hate paying a lot for shipping so I'm trying to keep that as reasonable as possible.

What I could do for bricks is collapse the plain white box and put it into the flat rate mailer so that you can reassemble it. That might work for everyone involved. :)

Paul Carpenter

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I can't speak for them, Rain. However, if you order a brick more likely than not it will come in a brick box.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
In that case I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell us what other limited items you'll have available in the store besides uncuts? Trying to decide on how many decks I want, but it depends on what else will be available.

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I guess there is no harm in mentioning the items. I don't have them on the site yet mainly because I need good photos and need to nail down precise numbers. But, eventually along with the normal decks there will be a very limited number of uncuts, gold seal decks, Eco clips and printing plates. The decks will be in this fist phase, then the other items. I'll be sure to announce all that beforehand.

Down the road, we might have other stuff as well but nothing else had been specifically identified yet.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 01:11:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Honestly I was not planning on sending the decks in those boxes for a few reasons. First, to my knowledge that brick box doesn't actually fit in a normal USPS flat rate mailing box which was my planned shipment method for my products. So, if I wanted to send the brick box I'd need to double-box it (to provide protection) and it would then cost everybody a lot more just to get a simple white box (which doesn't seem worth it).

With the flat rate mailer I can put the decks in there along with plenty of bubble wrap and the like, and send it all at a cheaper rate. I personally hate paying a lot for shipping so I'm trying to keep that as reasonable as possible.

What I could do for bricks is collapse the plain white box and put it into the flat rate mailer so that you can reassemble it. That might work for everyone involved. :)

One USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Medium Box is the perfect size to hold six bricks stacked three side-by-side and two high, without any packing material.  If you padded it with bubble wrap, you'd be able to put at least two bricks in there with room to spare, I think, possibly even as many as four.

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sure, you can fit a lot of decks in the medium box, but I think that issue is that to put a brick in there in the orientation it comes in a brick box, you'd have to room to put any padding, leaving those top and bottom edges of the decks in contact with the outer box which is always a little dangerous.

At any rate, don't worry. I plan on shipping things as securely as I can to make sure they get to everyone with no damage, and will make a mental note to include those white brick boxes if possible.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ahem, what have we here? http://encarded.com/index.php?id=22
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Yeah, those are sick as hell!!! How do you intend on selling or distributing them?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Ahem, what have we here? http://encarded.com/index.php?id=22
How much do they weigh?

Yeah, those are sick as hell!!! How do you intend on selling or distributing them?
I believe he is planning on keeping some and selling some.

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
You're right, Nathan. He did say that before...lapse in my memory. How about a sneak peek at an approx. price??
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Those plates looks awesome!It would be an honor to own one.
 I am also curious how much they weigh. And are the 2 whole sheets? If so, how can you sell a few if there are only two?

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Those plates looks awesome!It would be an honor to own one.
 I am also curious how much they weigh. And are the 2 whole sheets? If so, how can you sell a few if there are only two?
There is 8 or something plates, 1 for front and back of each color printed.

Also Those look awesome and I saw the Gold-Seal decks are $25, I think I will pick one of those up from you.

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
A few more details. The printing plates are very light, they are just thin aluminum. They are bigger than an uncut sheet by a small amount to allow for the flange on the side and some other holes that were used to mount them on the press.

They are .28mm thick which is exactly the same thickness as most playing cards.

There are 8 total. I am keeping 2, selling 2, and the rest have a fate to be determined later. I am not set on price yet. They will be very expensive, plain and simple. If a deck in a bottle can be $150-200, and a deck of Jerry's (which while old are still available in the hundreds/thousands) can be $300, then this item of which only 2 will really see the market will be expensive. Since they've never been sold before to my knowledge, I'm still pondering the value.

Tonight I am going to be looking at them carefully and picking which two will go up for sale and will be taking more pictures of each!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Fair enough. Eagerly awaiting your decision.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:14:41 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
sounds wicked, i wonder if alex will sell his plates. would be awesome to have a bunch of printing plates at your place.

Also in theory could the people who buy these take them to USPCC and re-print the deck? if so you might want to fix that.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Also in theory could the people who buy these take them to USPCC and re-print the deck? if so you might want to fix that.

IF you could get all 8 plates (and even 7 of 8 wouldn't cut it) and IF you took it to USPCC they would probably call the cops because it would be obvious that you were trying to pull a fast one. They know who made the deck. :)

Outside of an Indiana Jones-esque worldwide treasure hunt that tracked down all 8 plates, probably committing crimes in the process (i.e. you'd have to break into my home, get past my variety of guns and steal them) there is literally no way that someone could reproduce my deck. You'd be better off plopping a deck on your office scanner and going from there. :)

Though a movie based on stealing a card design could be rather entertaining.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
lets do it. get all of us in on it. make an awesome movie.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
lets do it. get all of us in on it. make an awesome movie.
Buy me my plane ticket and I'll be sure to join  ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:07:25 AM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 01:15:21 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I'll get my stunt double (Ryan Reynolds) to stand in for me.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 01:23:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'll get my stunt double (Ryan Reynolds) to stand in for me.

I don' need no stinkin' stunt double.  I do my own stunts!

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...

Hmmmm.. a movie about some guy trying to steal a rare and high valued card design printing plates. Not bad.. definitely not bad at all.  ;)

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 04:02:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Hmmmm.. a movie about some guy trying to steal a rare and high valued card design printing plates. Not bad.. definitely not bad at all.  ;)

You can call it, "Jerry's Nuggets"!  (LOL)

In this case, value is in the eye of the beholder, and (until right NOW) plates were more of interest to printing enthusiasts than playing card collectors... 

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Busy day! These guys finally shows up as well just a bit ago.

Paul Carpenter

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
nice they look sweet

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Now the decks just need to come in :)

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
Decks are on sale, already placed my order. In case you don't see it, it says on the page for the decks you can use the code BRICK15 to get 15% off an order of 12 decks or more.

EDIT: Whoops, not off the order, just 15% off the price of the decks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:07:04 PM by rainking187 »

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I really wanted to get a printing plate but its very expensive. Its too expensive for me but hopefully they will find good homes and people who appreciate them and their beauty.

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
You're store looks great, Paul! The Gold Seal deck looks perfect, the plates looks awesome, and all the other products make me dream about the deck!

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks Nathan.

I will have better pictures of the items and more details once Tendril arrives here. Uncuts too. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Alright people...

I just checked.  Tendril GOLD seal decks (limited to 50)

are up, and as of this minute there are 16 left...  at 24.95 per deck (the discount code does not apply to these)

http://encarded.bigcartel.com/product/tendril-gold-seal-deck

Enjoy!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Hmmm...

"Sorry, there are no “Tendril Gold Seal - Limited to 50 Decks” left. All others are either sold or being held in other buyers’ carts. Buyers have 30 minutes to checkout, after which it may become available again"

I guess I have to go for a coffee and a smoke for 30mins before trying again.

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There are just 9 left right now. I imagine a few of those won't get checked out so keep trying.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2012, 05:08:26 AM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
There are just 9 left right now. I imagine a few of those won't get checked out so keep trying.

The gold limited edition has been sold out

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2012, 08:07:54 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yes, those are indeed gone. Still a fair number of normal decks left. I'll be updating the store with other items as they become available.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
Will you still be letting us know before the uncuts go on sale? I want to be sure I get one of those too.

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Absolutely. I will always make an announcement of new items before they are available. :)

I still have to get a final count but I *think* there will be just 36 uncuts available. All signed and numbered of course.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 04:39:59 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I'm looking forward to the uncut. Kind of surprised no one has snatched the plates yet...sleeping anyone?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 04:51:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm looking forward to the uncut. Kind of surprised no one has snatched the plates yet...sleeping anyone?

Hey, if you want to buy it for me as a combination wedding present and birthday gift, I won't say no...  Otherwise, it's not exactly on the menu, financially-speaking.

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 08:16:53 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I am too. I know that they are expensive (but compared to their rarity I don't think they are out of line) but with the way people toss around money on collectibles *coughdavidblainecardclips* I thought someone would snatch up a truly rare item right away. Interesting.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Well Paul, I agree with you. People are willing to throw $250 at a clip but not $550 for something far more rare. If I had the $550 I would have already bought it. I know anyone could say the same thing, but I actually acknowledge the piece you are offering.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2012, 03:47:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I can pull out a David Blaine clip at a show and brag about how it's a cool, expensive David Blaine clip.

I can't whip out a printing plate and do the same thing without wearing a really large jacket with extra-deep pockets.

Deck clips are known quantities to the "players" in this hobby.  Printing plates aren't.  It'll take a little more time to gain traction in their minds, that's all.

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I posted this elsewhere, but if you wanted a printing plate but just couldn't swing that level of rarity, this item coming soon may interest you.

http://encarded.bigcartel.com/product/tendril-printing-plate-individual-cards
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I posted this elsewhere, but if you wanted a printing plate but just couldn't swing that level of rarity, this item coming soon may interest you.

http://encarded.bigcartel.com/product/tendril-printing-plate-individual-cards

Say wha?  Dude....

You should've kept the ruined 10 of diamonds as an uber-rare one-of-a-kind!

Seriously wild idea for a collectible, though.  Hats off to you!

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
Awesome, I would definitely love to grab one for collection. Good idea Paul! It gives the collectors who are not capable of getting the entire plate a chance to have a part of it, a single card from it at least.  ;)

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Now that's more like it! :D It allows people tight on money to get a piece of the printing plate without cashing all out! Any idea as to what the price would be?

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2012, 05:28:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Now that's more like it! :D It allows people tight on money to get a piece of the printing plate without cashing all out! Any idea as to what the price would be?

Did you read the page?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:31:11 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Did you read the page?
Oops...  ::) I only saw the picture he posted. Those pictures really make those printing plates shine!

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

That's a truly entrepreneurial idea there Paul! Great job.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
nice idea :D but the price is a little too high .. normally the whole printing plates cost about 500 .. now you are selling 1 for $35 .. 35x55=1925

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I love this idea. It's very smart. While the price is too high for me a the moment, I do think its a good price. Its extremely rare and has never been sold before and once it's gone, it will never come up again.

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
nice idea :D but the price is a little too high .. normally the whole printing plates cost about 500 .. now you are selling 1 for $35 .. 35x55=1925

Dude!  Were you planning on buying ALL of them?!?

Imagine you want a printing plate.  They're expensive.  Given the chance to buy the whole plate for $500 or just a single card image for less than 10% of that price, which sounds more economical to you, the individual buyer!?

If Gibbs was here, he'd smack you in the back of the head...

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yes, this is one of those things that you don't really measure based purely on math. Yes, at $35 each that does mean the entire plate would be hugely expensive, but the point of this is to bring an otherwise unaffordable (to many) and VERY rare collectible item down to a reasonable and attainable level.

I think that $35 (basically on par with many mundane collectible items) is a fair price for something that only a few dozen people in the entire world will be able to own. In that sense, it's a steal, really. How many of you own decks that cost more than $35 and were made in the thousands?

A full plate needs to be expensive. Those are a composite whole, and excruciatingly rare. Because these individual cards are a component of that rarity, you really can't just run the basic math and make them $10. That cheapens the entire concept and dilutes the rarity and pride of ownership, IMO.

And I guarantee you will see this again from somebody. It's just too good of a way to get a truly rare item that reflects the very essence of the cards we all love to play with. We talk about rarity all the time in relation to cards, but even the rarest things we generally see are in the hundreds of items or more. This stuff is a whole new animal, I think.

At any rate, they are super cool. :)

Here are the details on the availability in the Encarded store. http://encarded.com/index.php?id=24
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yes, this is one of those things that you don't really measure based purely on math. Yes, at $35 each that does mean the entire plate would be hugely expensive, but the point of this is to bring an otherwise unaffordable (to many) and VERY rare collectible item down to a reasonable and attainable level.

I think that $35 (basically on par with many mundane collectible items) is a fair price for something that only a few dozen people in the entire world will be able to own. In that sense, it's a steal, really. How many of you own decks that cost more than $35 and were made in the thousands?

A full plate needs to be expensive. Those are a composite whole, and excruciatingly rare. Because these individual cards are a component of that rarity, you really can't just run the basic math and make them $10. That cheapens the entire concept and dilutes the rarity and pride of ownership, IMO.

And I guarantee you will see this again from somebody. It's just too good of a way to get a truly rare item that reflects the very essence of the cards we all love to play with. We talk about rarity all the time in relation to cards, but even the rarest things we generally see are in the hundreds of items or more. This stuff is a whole new animal, I think.

At any rate, they are super cool. :)

Here are the details on the availability in the Encarded store. http://encarded.com/index.php?id=24

Is it too late now to make some special presentation displays for key cards, like the AoS, jokers, selected courts, etc.?  That would be a sweet add-on.

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
Pretty tempting. How are these cut up though? Are they sharp?

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The metal is pretty thin, so they were scored and then snapped off. I wouldn't call them sharp, but by their nature they are very thin metal with pointy corners so  some will have a slight edge to them. A few might have some very small burrs.  You won't cut yourself but I wouldnt play with them. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Those metal cards will be in the store in about an hour, FYI. :)

And a little birdy mentioned that I just might be having a large truck heading my way today....
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

Robert Butler

There just might be some pictures floating around for the Teal Tendril Eco Clip ;D

You never know what you might stumble upon in the next few days.

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well well well, do tell my friend. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Hey Paul, that is a very neat idea you had about cutting the plates up. I passed on purchasing mine because of how expensive they were and I had no idea how to create demand for a $500 product of that size. Clever thinking on your part indeed.

I think USPCC is very excited about this new demand for printing plates, considering you can now order it via contract rather than making special requests. Very cool.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31:22 PM »

Robert Butler

Hey Paul, that is a very neat idea you had about cutting the plates up.  <-- :-\

I passed on purchasing mine because of how expensive they were and I had no idea how to create demand for a $500 product of that size. Clever thinking on your part indeed. <-- :o

I think USPCC is very excited about this new demand for printing plates, considering you can now order it via contract rather than making special requests. Very cool.

:karrit:

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Haha Robert. Yes, I had several vague notions of what to do with these, but hearing it from you did move things in the right direction. I had the thought of separating out each suit into an art piece, but doing the individual cards was even better. :)

I think that the printing plates are a really unique item. I also think that it will take a little while for the true rarity to sink into people's minds, but having the first one out there is a cool thing. Collectors freak out over things made in the hundreds, thousands even and I think it's so foreign to think of an item being so rare that like 2 are available that the value and price will take a bit to work into the consciousness.

Just wait, the instant D&D or Ellusionist sell something like that for $2,000 a piece everyone will be all all over them.

I definitely plan on getting the plates for every deck I make, that's for sure!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2012, 10:43:56 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I got them for my Americana's too.  When I tried to get them for my Brimstone decks they were in a transition phase and at first said 'no', then after my cards were made they told me i could buy them, only they were sent out for recycling the previous day. ugh!
I have a few fun things planned for the Americana plates! 

OK back on topic of Tendril:
I cant wait for my uncut!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:44:19 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Aw man Russell, that would be a huge disappointment! "Sure you could have had your plates but we shredded them." Ack.

I imagine that putting some bullets through an Americana plate would be quite apropos. Just make sure it's a nice big old-westy caliber.  :)

Tendril will be along soon...USPCC is having a few fits with the tuck cases so it's adding on a little bit more time than we expected. I'm looking mighty forward to getting an uncut up on my wall as well.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Now all that remains is to give this product an official name.

"Plate card"?
"Cut card"?
"Metal card"?
"Metal plate"?
"...and now, for something completely different..."?

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:21 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Mine are called... "huh, i really thought it would be thicker and heavier, like a big metal plate; but no, they are thin and in real-life are wrapped around a spinning tube, not a press."

It's kind-of a long name, but i find it suitable.

And yes Don, I will be shooting one with a gun! You're too clever.

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2012, 01:30:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Mine are called... "huh, i really thought it would be thicker and heavier, like a big metal plate; but no, they are thin and in real-life are wrapped around a spinning tube, not a press."

It's kind-of a long name, but i find it suitable.

And yes Don, I will be shooting one with a gun! You're too clever.

That was PAUL, not me!  I think it would be a cryin' shame to shoot one of these up...EXCEPT in the precise spot where the gaffed Ace has a bullet hole!  Now THAT would be a piece of art!

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2012, 01:32:39 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
There just might be some pictures floating around for the Teal Tendril Eco Clip ;D

So has anyone found the picture of the teal clip yet? I really want to see what it looks like.

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2012, 01:48:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

So has anyone found the picture of the teal clip yet? I really want to see what it looks like.
The pictures have not been posted yet.

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think my most accurate term so far is "Printing Plate Metal Cards."

BTW, if you haven't seen I am giving away a few of these rarities in a simple Facebook contest. Check it out and jump on it. You have until Tuesday.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 01:40:16 AM »

dcell59

• True Member
I got my card today. Very nice!

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2012, 01:49:17 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
You got your tendrils? Oooooh I'm so excited to get mine. :P

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 01:52:14 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member

You meant the Printing Plate Metal Cards and not the decks themselves right?

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Are they sending them out already?
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i have saw the printing plates facebook contest .. i really want to win 1 of those since it is a very rare item .. btw can you tell us which card is that ?? is it a back design or the front ?? if it is the front can you tell us what cards is that ?? anyway i have pledge for 6 deck and 1 uncut how many signed deck can i roughly get ?

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just to be clear, they are talking about the printing plate cards. The real deck is still a few days out. (come on USPCC, stop messing with my tucks!)

I'll make an effort to sign things that people want, but as I currently have about 600 things to sign already I can't commit to signing everything, or doing too crazy of a request.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »

dcell59

• True Member

Are they sending them out already?

I was talking about the printing plate card I ordered.

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
For people who are want to know more about printing plates you can watch this video that was posted by encarded about tendril printing plates .. Thumb Up ?? lol
here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpKgehCkYUA#!

« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
So there's a picture of the teal eco clip posted on the conjuring creations facebook, and I've got to say I'm really, really disappointed. It looks like a signature clip (it appears to be a signature clip, it's numbered 1 of 20 and has the engraved signature on it) with kind of a blue tint in places. Looks absolutely nothing like the mock-up on the Tendril Kickstarter page. I really hope that's not what the final product will look like.

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:44 PM »

Robert Butler

So there's a picture of the teal eco clip posted on the conjuring creations facebook, and I've got to say I'm really, really disappointed. It looks like a signature clip (it appears to be a signature clip, it's numbered 1 of 20 and has the engraved signature on it) with kind of a blue tint in places. Looks absolutely nothing like the mock-up on the Tendril Kickstarter page. I really hope that's not what the final product will look like.

Hey, the clip posted today was a test clip and we were utilizing the old art so we wouldn’t reveal the new art at this time.  The teal colors are still a little off but were getting there.  Sorry for the tease but were just sharing our progress. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:22:02 PM by Robert Butler »

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2012, 04:26:58 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As Robert said, just a test. I agree that the color was a little less than I was looking for, so we are tweaking and I'll be taking a look at a few more samples. The art will also be different from the signature clips.

With a whole new product, and pushing the envelope of the manufacture there are always a few hurdles to get over but Conjuring Creations and I are working on it to make it a cool item. And as always photos have a hard time of capturing the in-person detail and color, so expect a bit more refinement on the real deal in your hand.

Stay tuned.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2012, 08:50:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I think my most accurate term so far is "Printing Plate Metal Cards."

I think "Plate Cards" rolls off the tongue better!  Since the playing cards are printed, we know it's a printing plate and not a dinner plate, and we also know the plates are made of metal.

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2012, 09:05:04 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Plate Cards it is! I agree, that's a bit easier to say. There are still a fair number of those little collectibles available too. I also hope to hear the status update from USPCC today and have fingers crossed for my 1200 lbs of cards to be on a truck very soon.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
In case you didn't hear, Tendril officially arrived today. It looks pretty darn sweet, and will start going out to the world soon.

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=28
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
In case you didn't hear, Tendril officially arrived today. It looks pretty darn sweet, and will start going out to the world soon.

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=28
How do they feel?

And that is awesome! I cant wait until I get mine. Will there be a delay for me if I asked to get a deck signed?

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »

Assassino13

• YouTube:
w00t! So if I got a gold-seal, will it take longer?

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There will be no delay for signing or Gold seals. Kickstarter orders will go out first, as those people made it possible. If you happen to be a Kickstarter supporter AND bought something extra in my store later, you will get all your stuff shipped together in the first batches.

I'll be doing stuff by packages, and not necessarily in order but am making an effort to get it all done in before the end of May.

The cards came out pretty great I think. They handle very well to my hands, though I'm admittedly not a pro. The stock is nice and springy and the Magic finish is slick, makes fans real easy and smooth. I've really only had about 20 minutes of actual play time at this point but I think they will work really well for people. They are definitely a really different kind of card with the bordered fronts and backs. Very interesting to play with, I think you will all like it a lot. :)

More later!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
First off congrats on your success. I think it is great to see artist succede. I am also glad I am finding out kickstarter is a viable option to obtain nice original decks. I think you and Americana truly solidified kickstarter for a number of us that is if you get yours out promptly which I am sure you will. Tendril was one of the more fascinating releases have seen in some time. It will be a pleasure to add these to my collection and I look forward to doing so.

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
First off congrats on your success. I think it is great to see artist succede. I am also glad I am finding out kickstarter is a viable option to obtain nice original decks. I think you and Americana truly solidified kickstarter for a number of us that is if you get yours out promptly which I am sure you will. Tendril was one of the more fascinating releases have seen in some time. It will be a pleasure to add these to my collection and I look forward to doing so.
I second that. An amazing deck deserves a fast print and shipping. Congrats and best of luck in the future!

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2012, 01:46:37 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Congratulations on the launch of this deck!
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Congratulations on entering what is generally known as "the heavy-lifting phase"!  :))

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
congrats paul i look foward to buying decks from you for many years to come i want to thank you for how much hardwork you put into every aspect of everything and how organized you are your decks a truely works of art uniqe and beautifull

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2012, 02:57:31 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
If we also ordered decks from the website do we have to send you a message to have them shipped together or will you be taking care of that on your own? And if our Kickstarter pledge included eco clips will the decks be sent now, or will we have to wait for the clips to be finished?

« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If you order both Kickstarter and pre-order, it would be great if you sent me a note. I'll do my best to get that together but there is a literal mountain of emails and pieces of info to collate together.

Orders will be shipping out for the next few weeks I'd imagine. As you noted, the Eco clips are not 100% done yet so those will be put nearer the end of the queue, with the goal of only shipping once. It costs a lot of money to ship and I am trying not to do it twice.

In a perfect world, everything would be set at the same time, all packages would be handled by an army of packers, but since it's just little old me and my wife, we'll do our best to get it all out asap. Thanks for the support and patience. I'm still hoping to make this the fastest Kickstarter turnaround yet.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got my Tendril decks along with a plate card, tendril uncut sheet, and a gold seal deck. I posted a bunch of pics here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.458311717517104.122095.295728693775408&type=1&notif_t=like

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
What's the tuck case like? I've been kind of curious about it after they had to redo it so many times.

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The next Pip Squeek video is here! Check out the Reveal of the Tendril deck and more from Encarded!
Be sure to subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBi116ECfYU

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The next Pip Squeek video is here! Check out the Reveal of the Tendril deck and more from Encarded!
Be sure to subscribe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBi116ECfYU
Great unboxing Evan!
Can anyone explain to me which why the box required reprinting?
How do the cards hold up to usage?

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
What's the tuck case like? I've been kind of curious about it after they had to redo it so many times.
The tuck case is perfect. Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm not sure why it needed to be reprinted many times because there isn't embossing so it wasn't an embossing problem.

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
you got them really early .. did you purchase directly from him or you pledge from kickstarter ?? and why are you camera constantly shaking

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
you got them really early .. did you purchase directly from him or you pledge from kickstarter ?? and why are you camera constantly shaking
I believe he got them early because he is a reviewer and works with Conjuring Creations and Encarded.

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I've currently got 300+ packages waiting for the post office to come pick them. I did send a few packages out on Tuesday to folks that would get some exposure for the cards or were otherwise helpful/special to me. All the rest will be going out in batches over the coming days. This stuff takes a huge amount of time but is going smoothly. Thank God for electronic postage and label machines.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
why are you camera constantly shaking
I have no idea why it was shaking. I'm trying to figure that out.
Probably just a ghost...  :P

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »

dcell59

• True Member
This is what Paul said on the KS update:

"The first two were not printed up to spec, and the third looked great but did not have the correct amount of glue applied, which was resulting in them not staying shut properly."

He didn't specify what was not "up to spec" about the first two.

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
This is what Paul said on the KS update:

"The first two were not printed up to spec, and the third looked great but did not have the correct amount of glue applied, which was resulting in them not staying shut properly."

He didn't specify what was not "up to spec" about the first two.

Yep, I didn't specify because they didn't tell me what the issue was either. Oh well. If I had to guess, since this was the first tuck with the Satin finish coating, there were some issues with getting that to apply properly.

BTW about 300 packages just left my house and we'll be putting more together this evening.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
I received my shipping notice today.  Dang, that was fast.  Hopefully, I'll have the cards in hand on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the USA)..  I apreciate the speed and priority that Paul gave to shipping and customer service.!!!!  Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I received my shipping notice today.  Dang, that was fast.  Hopefully, I'll have the cards in hand on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the USA)..  I apreciate the speed and priority that Paul gave to shipping and customer service.!!!!  Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!
Man, you beat me. I just received a shipping email. Mailed today. I am very impressed. Americana and Encarded have my business. I appreciate the hard work they must have put into getting these out. I have a feeling Shaun is going to do the same thing. I am really looking forward to receiving the encarded deck.

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!
Here is what his next release looks like, and it's fare from being butt-ugly :P
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2407.0

« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thank you for the kind words guys, it means a lot. This is a LOT of work, it really is. I've made a few mistakes and missed a few details that I feel bad about but I am working diligently to make sure the many people that supported me get their due as soon as possible. That just seems to be fairest thing, they put their money towards my vision, so the least I can do is repay that with efficient service.

I'd love to build a brand over time that people trust, know will work hard to bring them the best, and be a source for innovative things.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
Received my Kickstarter Tendril decks today!!  Can't wait to get them broken-in.  They feel great right outa the box. (I had a feeling they would.)  And the artwork ... great cards as expected.  By the way, pictures on the forums don't do the deck justice.  Super fast delivery and without using an outside fulfillment service.  Thanks again Paul !!!

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

In all fairness I'm really impressed with the speed of Paul and his family and whoever else is involved in the packing and shipping of the decks. Encarded promised May shipping and arrivals (at least int he U.S. and some international orders). And he really was true to his word and this is the kind of Company I will stick to in the long run because its fast reliable and the quality of goods is good.

So keep up the great work Paul!

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks Lara. if we hadn't had such a fiasco with the tuck case printing I would have had every order to people by now. Those few extra weeks put a wrench in my carefully laid plans, but I'm doing my best to get stuff out the door.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Got my Tendril decks in today. All I can say is..Fantastic!! great work Paul, really love these cards. With the fast printing and timely delivery, you can count on my bussiness in the future.
Also you have a cool address lol.

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Glad you like them billywiz! Other than the rewards with Eco clips (still waiting on conjuring creations and their shop) pretty much all the kickstarters and web preorders are done as of today. Working hard to get everything out to people. I know how it feels to wait for something you ordered and really want! :)

And yes, my street name is pretty cool. Heh.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I wasn't a KS supporter, but I did buy through your website. I also picked up some of the Signature Edition clips which were delivered about a month ago. I just received notice of the deck shipment yesterday! Thank you!

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
got mine yesterday and they are sweet. I'm gonna have to pick up an uncut soon. My order also had a gold seal deck included in it which makes it even sweeter.

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
recieved my 3 decks today in germany.
i looooooove them!
seriously they handle A W E S O M E! Great for cuts,spreads & fans and faro like butter efordlessly.
I regret not getting the factory seconds from Mr.Carpenter.
The deck itself smells a bit,i think it´s the finish.

TENDRIL went straight into my top 5 decks!
KUDOS from Germany  ;)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Glad you like them! Just so you know, there are a few more factory seconds in the store right now! Not sure how long they will last, but if you need a few extra they are there.

Enjoy the cards, and thanks very much for your support and kind words.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Got my Tendrils the other day. I love them! They are one of my favorite decks. Handle amazing and the thin borders are awesome for fans. The only thing I was disappointed by was the signed deck coming with no cello, meaning it is technically open because of there being no seal.

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
A minute ago, I checked the Encarded store and there's only 136 Tendril and 24 Factory Seconds left. For anyone who doesn't already have them, time to hurry! As for me, I've already got my share and am enjoying it currently. :)

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i just received my half a brick of tendril deck ... 2 of them are signed .. i am pretty happy :D

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Funds are tight right now. Had to remove my 70$ pledge on the Kickstarter with a couple hours left. Since, I still haven't gotten them. Not by reluctance, but by pure incapability to do so. But I'll surely get some for Christmas, or my birthday (in 354 days). lol. Before I die for sure.

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Got mine from the mail yesterday!  Including a gold seal deck!  They really look great, Paul.  The pip positioning takes a little getting used to, but not long.  Thanks!

What's the ETA on the ECO clips?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:12:20 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2012, 05:52:15 AM »

frostchew

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate Paul on this deck. The first time I saw the back design on kickstarter I know it was going to be a fantastic looking deck. Having the actual deck in my hands now, I can be sure this is one of the top decks, design wise, produced this year so far. Kudos to you on the fantastic design and theme.

Now on to my gripe. What happened to bee casino quality stock? I remember reading on your kickstarter page that this deck would be on bee casino quality. However, the decks are a little soft. Granted, the amount of ink plays a part in the stiffness of a deck, but when I stack the tendril deck side by side with a shadow masters deck from Ohio, the shadow masters deck is 3 cards thicker. You may argue its an Ohio deck, but when I stack the tendril deck alongside a CARC green acorn v2 deck made in kentucky, the CARC deck is also 3 cards thicker.

I would appreciate some clarification on this matter. Thanks!

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2012, 07:23:07 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I bet Don can speak to variations in paper stocks better than I can, but this is probably more a question for USPCC than me. Tendril is on Bee stock, that's what is on my contract and what I specced. I believe that Tendril is the first deck that is black, on bee stock with magic finish and I'd guess that variations you see in thickness come down to the batch I paper used. It's impossible to create paper that is 100% identical every time, but I'm pretty sure they didn't swap out the stock and not tell me. :)

The deck does feel an handle quite different from any other deck I own, and I've gotten lots of feedback along those lines. I think it ended up being a pretty unique combo 
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »

frostchew

I want to make it clear that I am perfectly happy with the handling and feel of the deck. Its just something in me that clicked when my eyes read "bee casino quality" while my hands and comparisons say otherwise.

It was recently brought to light that there is "bee stock" and "bee casino stock". Could there have been some miscommunication somewhere?

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I want to make it clear that I am perfectly happy with the handling and feel of the deck. Its just something in me that clicked when my eyes read "bee casino quality" while my hands and comparisons say otherwise.

It was recently brought to light that there is "bee stock" and "bee casino stock". Could there have been some miscommunication somewhere?
I just looked at the Kickstarter page, and here's what I read:

"Tendril will be printed by The United States Playing Card Company and will be the equal of any of the finest decks out there. Bee Casino grade stock, Q1 quality, Magic finish. There's no real upgrades in this design, it's already the best."

From what I've heard and what I've felt when I first handled this deck, it did seem like just standard Bee Stock, and not Casino stock, which is usually thicker and not as soft. However, I believe none of the decks you mentionned you compared sizes with have magic finish, which Tendril uses, so that may also be it. Not sure though.

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I bet Don can speak to variations in paper stocks better than I can, but this is probably more a question for USPCC than me. Tendril is on Bee stock, that's what is on my contract and what I specced. I believe that Tendril is the first deck that is black, on bee stock with magic finish and I'd guess that variations you see in thickness come down to the batch I paper used. It's impossible to create paper that is 100% identical every time, but I'm pretty sure they didn't swap out the stock and not tell me. :)

The deck does feel an handle quite different from any other deck I own, and I've gotten lots of feedback along those lines. I think it ended up being a pretty unique combo

No matter how many times I have this conversation and post all the info, it seems people either forget or don't pay attention...

USPC has all KINDS of variances in their stocks.  Buy Bicycle stock one month and the same stock in a different month, and you're probably looking at two very different pieces of paper.

They do have benchmarks as to what a particular stock is supposed to be, but they allow for a fair amount of variation.

Paul, there is that point that you stated the contract read that you were getting "Bee stock".  Bee stock and Bee CASINO stock are two different grades of stock.  Both are good but Bee Casino is more durable and stiffer.  Please look at the contract and verify if the mention of "casino grade" or anything similar appears there.  If not, you likely were given standard Bee stock.

But even with that, even using identical stock batches to make a card, the print process itself creates differences.  Zenneth Kok mentioned on this board that he noticed a distinct difference between his Gold Seal New Fan Backs in white and black.  The most likely cause would be the different levels of ink saturation.  This is not just a Bee or Bee Casino stock deck, but it's also got a LOT of ink on BOTH SIDES of the card.  In fact, Paul mentioned that the edges of the black field fade out to gray, meaning that it's possible that every square millimeter of this deck has ink on it.

Comparing this deck's thickness to an Ohio-made Shadow Masters is ridiculous.  They were using UV500 stock at the time and ALL their decks were coming out thick.  I think this trend toward thick decks at E ended after Arcane.

If you want the closest thing possible to an "apples-to-apples" comparison (and it still won't be 100% accurate), you need to compare the Tendril to the only CARC deck made to date with Magic Finish - the Black and Silver Acorn back.  (In fact, the Ivory version of that deck is the very first ever to be Magically Finished on a smooth stock.)  And even that wouldn't be totally accurate, considering the CARC deck has much less ink on the front and somewhat less on the back of each card.

But before you do that, go into your collection and grab a handful of Bicycle Rider Backs.  We know you have them, everyone does!  Get decks that are either new-in-package or recently opened and lightly used, and as many as you're wiling to open in the name of science.  Start stacking these decks side by side and compare them.  If your collection has decks from different batches, all the better - they would have different numbers to the right of the letter code on the Ace of Spades.  Be really scientific about it - bust out a good ruler with metric measurements or better yet (for those who use and can afford them) a good set of calipers that can measure in tenths of a millimeter or smaller.  You'll notice variations from deck to deck, almost certainly - especially in decks made in different batches.

Remember this important little fact - USPC has practically no control over the precise quality of the paper they receive from the paper mills - and they don't source from just one mill.  There are countless factors that can affect its characteristics.  You can think of it like top-notch unblended wine batches made from the same vineyard - year to year, various factors can alter the wine's characteristics - and they'll keep on changing in the bottle over time.  Paper is an organic product, and as such it varies, and just like the wine, even in storage its characteristics can change.  Now that recycled content appears in some percentage in practically every batch, the variances will become even greater (unfortunately tending towards lower quality).  They do try as much as possible to reduce these differences, but they still occur.

And again, just like the wine, it will continue to change while sitting on a store shelf, sitting in the back of a tractor trailer, inside your post office or in a box in some reseller's warehouse, and even when they're in your possession.  If they didn't change, cards taken out of a sealed vintage deck, freshly opened, would look practically identical to modern ones.

OK, I think that's enough windbaggery for now.  Questions?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:06:26 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »

frostchew

I recall Ellusionist mentioning that their UV500 decks were essentially printed on Bee Casino Grade stock, just that the paper stock had UV capabilities added to it, so I don't see why I can't use it as one of the benchmark for comparison.

I did what you suggested Don. I opened a fresh pack of CARC Black Acorn deck in Cambric finish. It is still 3 cards thicker than the Tendril deck.

Remember, my main question here was why the Tendril deck was so much softer and thinner than known Casino Grade stock. If it was just a difference in 1 card, I wouldn't have cared one bit, but 3 cards?

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I recall Ellusionist mentioning that their UV500 decks were essentially printed on Bee Casino Grade stock, just that the paper stock had UV capabilities added to it, so I don't see why I can't use it as one of the benchmark for comparison.

I did what you suggested Don. I opened a fresh pack of CARC Black Acorn deck in Cambric finish. It is still 3 cards thicker than the Tendril deck.

Remember, my main question here was why the Tendril deck was so much softer and thinner than known Casino Grade stock. If it was just a difference in 1 card, I wouldn't have cared one bit, but 3 cards?

Even if that was indeed the case re UV500, the paper tended to be significantly thicker than other decks on the market, including other decks made with Bee Casino paper.  Their Porper clips come in two sizes because of this.  No other card company was or is selling two sizes of Porper Clips as far as I know.

The softness is likely due to the level of ink saturation in the paper, in part if not in whole.

Thickness is one of the many factors that can fluctuate, though admittedly USPC can exercise some control over it in the "paper sandwich" phase of preparing the stock for print.  It's when the two layers of paper are pressed together by rollers with a generous application of graphite-infused glue to give the card its opacity.  They use this moment to set the paper's thickness, but even that process probably has some range of thickness within which it fluctuates in the gluing and pressing.  It's likely measured in tenth of millimeters, but add that fluctuation 56 times, one for each card, joker and ad card or gaff, and it results in variations of thickness from deck to deck.

If looked at in a certain way, the making of playing cards is really more art than science, and will remain so until the development of 100% consistent stock production and zero-tolerance error-free printing, pressing and cutting hardware.  As far as that goes, don't hold your breath...

Did you try the Bicycle experiment yet?

We're still waiting on Paul regarding a confirmation as to whether the stock he contracted for was regular Bee stock or Bee Casino stock.  It's entirely possible it wasn't Casino but we don't know for certain.

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I have. Both with studs and with Bikes. I've noticed a slight height difference from deck to deck.

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have. Both with studs and with Bikes. I've noticed a slight height difference from deck to deck.

Did you measure the difference in height?

And don't measure in cards.  It's like measuring in cubits using your forearm: most forearms are different lengths just as most cards from one deck to the next are slightly different in thickness, rendering it an invalid standard of measure.

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
this deck is amazing! i, at first, didn't think much of the back design or even the faces, but after getting them and spending a week handling them i absolutely love them. the deck broke in quickly and is staying at its peak, performance wise, for quite some time. to me, this is what separates bic and bee casino stock. usually after you get bic stock broken in it continues to break down to the point of being unusable VERY quickly.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Did you measure the difference in height?

And don't measure in cards.  It's like measuring in cubits using your forearm: most forearms are different lengths just as most cards from one deck to the next are slightly different in thickness, rendering it an invalid standard of measure.
I did measure in cards. I'll try measuring with a ruler later on.

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hey guys. I'm on vacation now so I can't really do any comparisons. All along with USPCC we discussed Bee Casio Grade and I never heard any different. I think that as Don mentioned, stocks vary a lot, and Tendril has a whole to ink on it, and magic finish. The end result surely feels different than any other deck I own.

I've been using one deck extensively for 3 weeks and while the clumping can be a little worse after an hour of use it is still springing well, fanning nicely and generally working well. No chipping edges either.

Btw, there are only FOUR decks left in the store. If you don't have one yet, you are pretty much screwed. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey, Paul - I was due two Eco Clips from my KS pledge.  Any news on them?

« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lucky you, I actually just got the Teal ones (well, the first batch of them, the rest will come next week) and am going to start packaging up orders this weekend.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Lucky you, I actually just got the Teal ones (well, the first batch of them, the rest will come next week) and am going to start packaging up orders this weekend.

Sweet!  Did you have any not already spoken for?  There's an STISO from Rainking187 - he said he owned one, sold it, now regrets it and is seeking a new one!

« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
After fulfilling all the Kickstarter orders I will have a few left of each color and those will go into the store.
Paul Carpenter