Author (Read 5321 times)

Bicycle Actuators - NEW PICS
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I am in shock that there is no thread for the original Bicycle Actuators... how could this have happened??  lol

Here are some new pics of the Bicycle Actuators

Enjoy

Join Lance's new FB page for his cards http://www.facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks

I like that brick box...

CBJ
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:11:25 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Bicycle Actuators - NEW PICS
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Yea, the brick box is pretty cool. What's cooler is that I saw him designed the brick box along side with other artist. Kevin, russell, the guy who designed black tiger deck.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Any shipping/release dates known for both editions`?
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Man, these look really neat.  And I love what they did to the brick box!
- Adam

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hey Guys,

Here is what's up: They are shipping these to me on the 12 or 13th and I have a packing party set up for the 16th (Yes I am packing and shipping these myself, with the aid of some awesome friends, and family). They are already released so to speak; You can order them now through my website directly: http://lancemillerdecks.com

Got any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Also, FYI, those pics above were taken with Instagram on my iPad so the grit and everything is not what you will get on this product. It is a very polished and solid look. Just wanted to show photos because I'm that friggin' stoked about these cards.

Also, I have a brand new Facebook page dedicated solely to Lance Miller Decks http://www.facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks. Once it hits 200 likes I will begin a series of contests that is going to make some people very happy ;)

- Lance

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Thanks for the update Lance!  I will be placing an order and visiting your facebook page.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:57:47 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The custom brick box looks totally dope. I am planning on doing one of those for deck number 2 because they really do look fantastic and add that "extra." Great looking deck Lance, congrats.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »

Robert Butler

Good greef!  I ordered 2 but now I'm feeling buyers remorse!  I NEED MORE!   :-[

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Looks great Lance, I can't wait to get mine!  Great timing BTW!  8)
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
These look great and they will also come in a black and white versions.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lookin good! And I'm sure they look even better in person. I must order these!  :bosswalk:
And welcome to the Discourse Lance!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:00:28 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
they looks awesome!
And I've been waiting for this to come out so that I could complete the trade with Don.

When is the estimate shipping in US?

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I pledged for the B&W set, but missed out on this original one. Do you have spare to sell?

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Just pre-ordered a couple of these. Looking forward to getting my hands on them!
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 02:20:03 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It's funny... I've come to the conclusion on here that collectors in general, if they're behind a project don't really care what the deck costs... I read pages and pages of complaints about pricing on the discourse, but not one mention that this deck costs $14 shipped... I'm okay with it, truly I am, and the deck looks really nice... Just making an observation... Looking forward to receiving one... Hopefully I still get mine after this comment... hahaha!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 02:27:35 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Lol Lance's gonna cancel your order and use your deck as a free prize for the next contest. >.<

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
It's funny... I've come to the conclusion on here that collectors in general, if they're behind a project don't really care what the deck costs... I read pages and pages of complaints about pricing on the discourse, but not one mention that this deck costs $14 shipped... I'm okay with it, truly I am, and the deck looks really nice... Just making an observation... Looking forward to receiving one... Hopefully I still get mine after this comment... hahaha!!!

jmrock, I am definitely not offended by your comment, but let me offer some perspective if I may. One of the biggest reasons people won't complain about my deck cost is because they know what all goes into it. Most have seen me actually working on the court cards live and have come to fully understand the magnitude of work I put into it. For you it is $14 for a single tangible deck; for me, it is the opportunity to raise the bar. For me, it is to be able to offer things like custom brick boxes and seals. For me, it is the ability to change the idea of the custom cards market forever. For me it is to barely be able to pay my bills. Yet I get to be a part of a vast community that truly appreciates quality over quantity. Also, I include you guys, the collectors, magicians, and cardists, by offering you chances at every turn to have a voice in the final product. My Gargoyles deck set the precedent on that and I plan to continue it in the future.

An interesting note is, as a Fantasy Artist, I also take these decks to conventions with me and when I tell them the price, they say "Only $10?! You could easily sell these for $25". There is a difference in perceived value between my two groups of collectors. The fine art collector knows that they have just received a deck that has over 16 unique pieces of art and they relish the idea of only paying $10 and would gladly pay more. The Magician, Cardist, and Card Collector see it as a tool and compare it to what they already know of other decks on the market. What they don't understand is that very few of the other decks on the market have as much hand illustrated content as mine. Further, I also go beyond that, by testing before the artwork begins for fan patterns, and functional use for magicians (one-way designs and new gaff concepts). I am constantly innovating and adopting new technology for the cards early. The Gargoyles deck was one of the first to market with the Magic Finish. Others, had it on their decks but because they didn't market it with the Magic Finish no one knew what it was, or even how to explain it. In the end, all of these things cost money; Lots of money! especially at the 2500 print run size.

So, with a little perspective you can consider it differently: You have just invested $5 into the future success of Lance Miller Decks and received a deck in return that is uniquely serialized and will grow in value along with my company.  I appreciate your belief in my product and am very personally moved by the amount of people who stand behind my artwork and my decks. You guys are amazing and without you I'd have no chance at any kind of future in this business.

- Lance

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »

kc62002

• Newcomer
These look great and they will also come in a black and white versions.

Are you talking about the brick boxes or just the decks. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to buy some of the black and white decks but if brick boxes start looking like this i'm gonna be broke fairly quickly. I know dan and dave and others have done custom brick boxes before but they sell out of everything before i get a chance to even log into the site. That might be the case here if it becomes the norm. Keep up the awesome work lance!

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:00:22 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I wonder if the black and white actuators will have different brick boxes than the regular ones... or no brick box at all.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lance, what's the difference between the actuators pre-order decks and the artist's edition brick pack? Or are they the same?

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:02 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Lance, what's the difference between the actuators pre-order decks and the artist's edition brick pack? Or are they the same?

I wonder if the black and white actuators will have different brick boxes than the regular ones... or no brick box at all.

Pretty sure you saw my reply to you on FB. If not though, they are the same. In response to your second question, The Black Edition and White Edition each have their own custom brick boxes which match the theme of their packaging. ;)

- Lance

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Pretty sure you saw my reply to you on FB. If not though, they are the same. In response to your second question, The Black Edition and White Edition each have their own custom brick boxes which match the theme of their packaging. ;)

- Lance
I saw it after I posted here.
Do you have any pics of the black ad white brick boxes? I'm curious to see what they look like!

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:54 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
All in due time ;) Let's get through one deck first :D

If you haven't done so yet. Go to http://Facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks and Like the page. Only need 14 more to unlock contests. :) Tell your friends.

- Lance
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:08:51 PM by lancetmiller »

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Contests have been unlocked. I posted a thread about it, but just in case you find this, come to my Facebook.com/LanceMillerDecks page and Like it. Get involved and win!

The next big contest unlocks at 500 Likes. We're halfway there. Tell all of your friends because the big contests will only get bigger!

- Lance

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 02:38:24 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Hey everyone! Lance is on google chat right now showing the actuators, the real deal not the illustrator stuff, for those interested. I hope to see you guys :).
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/62cdc9db209686ed05b1c660e8a97576cb4604b4#
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:24:39 PM by john »
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos