You are Here:
Uncut sheet

Author (Read 1048 times)

Uncut sheet
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »

Antoniodr710

• Newcomer
Hello everyone:
Can someone educate me what is uncut sheets for? which brands have the best quality of uncut sheets?

Your help will highly appreciate. Cheers
Antonio

Re: Uncut sheet
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:06 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Uncut sheets are literally uncut sheets of playing cards. They're for collecting/displaying as artwork.

No brand has the best sheets, it's all about the design/rarity.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:20:28 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
They're for people who want to spend some intimate time and cut out the cards themselves. Just kidding.

An uncut sheet is essentially what the name says they are: a sheet of 56 cards that has been pulled out of the production process before they are cut into strips and eventually singular cards. They are usually more valuable than the respective deck, though much more difficult to sell as demand is incredibly limited. Most people purchase them for their own collection, or to display it as it is/inside a frame (Which i never really understood why.. it's insanely unattractive in my opinion and i would much rather fill my wall up with classy aesthetically pleasing posters/artwork rather than repeated pip designs, but that's just me). As for quality, most of the uncut sheets you will encounter are from USPCC, thus quality is more or less identical. Just imagine a big sheet of bicycle/bee/aristocrat stock with a few variations in finish. Sometimes (especially small kickstarter projects), you may find uncut sheets that have not even been dimpled/lack a finish. These are even more 'rare' and priced ridiculously for those crazy collectors out there.

tl;dr- uncut shits r stubid. onli buy if u want 4 collecsion. do naht bye 4 resail. uspcc qualitie gud, littal diffarince.

Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »

Alex Willis

• Discourse Royalty
  • A penny saved is worthless

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
tl;dr- uncut shits r stubid. onli buy if u want 4 collecsion. do naht bye 4 resail. uspcc qualitie gud, littal diffarince.

Thanks for this translation, I had no idea what you were talking about until I read this.  So basically uncut sheets are awesome, buy as many as you can, they sell really good so buy them to sell and only USPCC can make them.  Got it.  :t11:

Alex Willis
Game Designer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I would assume any company that makes cards would have uncut sheets, would not be the exact same thing though. Anyone know of chinese fake uncuts? lol
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I'm a big fan of uncut sheets, I think it's a must for any collector who has the option to purchase an uncut of their favorite deck.  It's a great way to see all the cards at a glance, and although they can be pricey to frame and do take up a lot of precious wall space...if done correctly they look stunning!

Some are rare depending on how many were are available and/or sold.  Not all decks have uncuts for sale.  The sheets you don't frame store very well in poster tubes.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »

Antoniodr710

• Newcomer
Thx a lot guys. Sorry, i am Italian, no good in English.

The reason why i ask this because i found this company www.makeplayingcards.com have special offer now
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=427144760727929&set=a.427144754061263.1073741829.370325593076513&type=1&theater

I want to check out them and order a uncut sheets. Cheers

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The reason why i ask this because i found this company www.makeplayingcards.com have special offer now
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=427144760727929&set=a.427144754061263.1073741829.370325593076513&type=1&theater

Why would you mention uncut sheets when talking about a company that doesn't sell uncut sheets?

Most people purchase an uncut sheet of cards because it's a sheet from the print run of a favorite deck.  For some, that might be one of the classics, like Bicycle Rider Back.  For others, that might be a custom deck from a popular magic company like Ellusionist's Arcane deck, Theory11's Sentinels deck or Dan and Dave's Smoke and Mirrors decks.  For yet more others, it could be an uncut sheet from an individual designer who's completed a successful Kickstarter project.

The company you mentioned doesn't fall into ANY of these categories.  They print deck designs YOU submit to them, and they DON'T sell uncut sheets.  It's like buying a piece of art from a respected artist, be they little-known or very popular, and buying a piece of your own art from a company that printed it from you but they have to cut it up into 56 little pieces first...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 02:28:34 AM »

d1p5h17

• Certified Tool
  • Newcomer
Seems like you can choose the uncut sheet from their packaging options on their prioduct page. Might be something new they added.

Why would you mention uncut sheets when talking about a company that doesn't sell uncut sheets?

Most people purchase an uncut sheet of cards because it's a sheet from the print run of a favorite deck.  For some, that might be one of the classics, like Bicycle Rider Back.  For others, that might be a custom deck from a popular magic company like Ellusionist's Arcane deck, Theory11's Sentinels deck or Dan and Dave's Smoke and Mirrors decks.  For yet more others, it could be an uncut sheet from an individual designer who's completed a successful Kickstarter project.

The company you mentioned doesn't fall into ANY of these categories.  They print deck designs YOU submit to them, and they DON'T sell uncut sheets.  It's like buying a piece of art from a respected artist, be they little-known or very popular, and buying a piece of your own art from a company that printed it from you but they have to cut it up into 56 little pieces first...
DO NOT SHOP AT MAKEPLAYINGCARDS.COM THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND LIARS!!

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Seems like you can choose the uncut sheet from their packaging options on their prioduct page. Might be something new they added.

What are they charging for uncut sheets?  I ask because USPC actually charges a premium above the cost of a deck - which is silly, when you consider that an uncut sheet is basically an unfinished deck without a tuck box...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 04:18:08 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
For anyone unaware, this guy made multiple accounts to promote his website, more info: http://aethercards.com/discourse/the-lol-a-query-um/anyone-try-makeplayingcards-com-yet/msg79909/#new

(Locking this)
Forum Founder.