Author (Read 2591 times)

What do you want to do with your life?
« on: October 28, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So what are you eventual goals in life? Talk realistically here - what will you pursue with no intent to stop until the day you die? I'll post my list after a few of you post yours.

Forum Founder.

Re: What do you want to do with your life?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Well as a career I would like to become some type of surgeon. I'm leaning towards a cosmetic surgeon for people that have gotten in accidents, or burned themselves, or need a skin graft, etc. something along those lines. My dream is to move cross-country all the way to Las Vegas, or California. They both look so amazing.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

D_bag

• Forum Regular
Well honestly I am really lazy and don't know what I wanna do. After high school I'll just chill until destiny sweeps me off my feet.

Alright that was a joke, I want to be a plastic surgeon as well for like models and stuff like in Nip/Tuck. This doctor I know who works on heart surgeries also said a good card flourisher makes good suregeons too. So I think I will try to do that.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 05:53:29 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I think my future lies in the Ski industry. My dad is currently part of the executive management of one of the most well known ski resorts in Canada, and fairly well known throughout the world. Ever since I was little, skiing/snowboarding has been apart of our families life. We used to live and go to school at the resort until me moved to the city 45 minutes from the hill.

I am taking by BBA and when I received it I hope to use it to get a higher ranking job at the resort and move up from there. I am pretty confident with how my plan will turn out because having my dad work for the resort for 35+ years allowed me to personally know the president, VP's and nearly every member of management on the hill. I have spent 4 seasons working in the rental shop and have been awarded employee of the month, helps to show my work ethics. So Once I graduate I will just have to see how everything will go, but as I said, I have a pretty solid idea about my future.

EDIT: This is the ski resort, if anyone is interested: www.bigwhite.com
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:55:38 PM by Curt »

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well honestly I am really lazy and don't know what I wanna do. After high school I'll just chill until destiny sweeps me off my feet.

Alright that was a joke, I want to be a plastic surgeon as well for like models and stuff like in Nip/Tuck. This doctor I know who works on heart surgeries also said a good card flourisher makes good suregeons too. So I think I will try to do that.

What a coincidence! One of the reasons I want to move to CA is because I gill get good business there.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Being good at cardistry requires amazing hand dexterity - this means excelling as a surgeon.

@Curt - Looks like your future is set. It's too true that with hard work comes an amazing pay off. The best part is that despite having your dad own a successful business you're actually working hard to get it in your hands. If I ever vacation in Canada, I look forward to staying at that resort!

---

My goals have really changed recently with the somewhat surprising success of the Vortex deck. I have always been a creative person and art is always what I wanted to do. That doesn't bode well with the parents so I ended up in the field of medicine, where I am now. I love medicine with a passion, and I love science. I could spend hours reading a textbook and I'd enjoy it. However, it's not what I want to do with my life. With medicine, you either go into research and hope you make a discovery that changes the world, or you're stuck with the average medical job. Healing people is rewarding, but it's nothing groundbreaking.

I've always felt like if I don't become a doctor, there will be someone else that does the job in my stead equally as well or better. I want to actually leave a mark with I do in a creative way. Patients owe doctors their lives, but there is nothing special about any one doctor.

My real goals are to develop Aether into a full-fledged art production company with playing cards as only one of many things that will be sold. Of course, I want to write a novel - one that actually fulfills everything I want it to be. I'm in the process of writing it right now but it's hard to find the creative flow I need when my projects are so diverse right now.

On a less personal level, I want to get engaged, married, have two kids and raise them. =]
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Well, my immediate goals are as follows; Finish my Entertainment Business Degree and get out of the army. From there, I will move my family back to New Orleans. My wife will be a 911 dispatcher and I will start off doing street magic during the day and taking people's money from the poker tables in Harrah's at night. I will do that while I search for a talent for my wife and I to manage to stardom.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I don't have a solid goal about my life. But if I'm imagining myself in 10 years, or so.
Well, I would be doing some job, doing magic as hobby and collecting decks.

Actually what I want form life is happiness, simply happiness. But it's not easy to do so.
I just want a simply happy life with people I love.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I always wanted to be a heart doctor because my family suffers with problems with the heart(murmurs in minor cases and death from the heart in other), but realistically I don't have the attention to detail it would take to be a doctor, granted i could easily get in with a letter from my uncle (hes important in terms of medicine,something about he created the most highly skilled group of heart surgeons in the U.S.) but in reality i would love to be a chef, cooking has always interested me because you can take something useless and turn it into something amazing.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well currently i want to see if magic will go well for me while starting college, in the long run i hope to have a job either marketing for a company (if i have a degree would you hire me alex for aethercards?) or in advertising.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 06:21:39 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well, I studied music technology and production for 4 years, got really good grades and then found out there were no jobs.  Now I'm studying computer game design/development so that I can go to a company and say that while my main focus is audio, I can do any programming as well.  I'm basically doing what is quite a difficult degree, just to look good.  But anyway; creating audio content for videogames is what I want to do.  And I have ideas for so many things I'd like to write, I'm sure I'll get around to it at some stage.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
@Tj, we don't do that kind of crap in this forum. Keep to the topic, and if you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation please refrain from posting. Blatant spamming will most likely result in a good ol' boot.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
@Tj, we don't do that kind of crap in this forum. Keep to the topic, and if you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation please refrain from posting. Blatant spamming will most likely result in a good ol' boot.

I'm pretty sure it's a bot.  Just ignore it and let the mods clean it up.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 11:07:57 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm pretty sure it's a bot.  Just ignore it and let the mods clean it up.

That would explain his name.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 01:03:38 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
When I am 18-20 I hope to own my own karate school. Karate is so fun especially when you get paid for doing it and teaching it. Karate is like playing outside with your friends except the only difference is you get paid.

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
He's not a bot - I have no idea what he was thinking when he made that post. Anyway, it seems a lot of you guys have your life on track. I wonder what we'll see in five years from each of us?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I hope to be seeing a cool sleek website in my face, and Vortex 1, 2, and 3 and the other decks you produce maybe some other stuff you have since you said you won't only have decks. And last Graduating from High School

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:22:22 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
****please excuse any and all grammar issues. I did not proof read this at all.***********

honestly idk yet. ive always had ideas. Once my older brother, that has served in iraq multiple times, told me "once you start thinking for yourself and making your own ideas is the day you start scarring people." In a way he was right. so many people sit around and let the things that are happening in the world just simple happen. why? Why do we sit at school for years only to memorize knowledge, but then very few of us every question who wrote the textbooks were reading and what is the real message they are trying to send. of course, there are many people that see our politicians repeatedly make television appearances talking like their opinions are fact and final and ask themselves "What are they REALLY saying."

I guess i say all of this because i want to go into politics, i just dont know where. I want to make a difference. I want to help rid the bull shit out of our governmental system. I want to cut the cancer that has been forming in the USA, the cancer of lies and greed. I want to make it so the people of america have their real voices heard.

But, idk where to start. i pray i figure it out though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:23:20 PM by Gunshy1 »
have you heard the word???

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 12:53:26 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
****please excuse any and all grammar issues. I did not proof read this at all.***********

I guess i say all of this because i want to go into politics, i just dont know where. I want to make a difference. I want to help rid the bull shit out of our governmental system. I want to cut the cancer that has been forming in the USA, the cancer of lies and greed. I want to make it so the people of america have their real voices heard.

But, idk where to start. i pray i figure it out though.

I hope you are a man who can take BS kicking you in the face and go with it. When I was interning for the Dems here in Nevada (I am an Independent, I just wanted some experience in the political field) we put a Tea Party candidate on the ballot to take votes away from the Republican candidates (it splits the party).

This led to the Democratic candidate winning, when it was predicated that he would lose by a landslide. This Democrat now continues his huge influence over the Senate.

It's never about who can do the most good. Politician opinions are fake anyway; it is about who has the most money and is most willing to do whatever the lobbyists tell them to do.

Sorry for the off topic rant.  :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:45 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm a fully qualified Panel Beater\Paint Sprayer. I'm currently working at the local college in a Technician\Instructor role and I'm absolutely loving it. This year I would like to obtain my full teaching qualification.

Working at the college obviously means looooong summer holidays LOL!! I spent this summer doing some private work for a rather wealthy retired individual. I was restoring a 1950's Series 1 Jaguar Saloon. As well as repairing\replacing rusty panels, I also spent time reinforcing and strenghening Chassis sections and Roll cage mounting points as the point of this project was to build a "Historic Race Car" to look authentic and all original on the outside.

So, If I can teach during the year and take on a restoration or a few private jobs during the summer months I think I'll be a happy chappy!!

(And yes, i have built a few Fast & Furious influenced cars too!!!)
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
I hope you are a man who can take BS kicking you in the face and go with it. When I was interning for the Dems here in Nevada (I am an Independent, I just wanted some experience in the political field) we put a Tea Party candidate on the ballot to take votes away from the Republican candidates (it splits the party).

This led to the Democratic candidate winning, when it was predicated that he would lose by a landslide. This Democrat now continues his huge influence over the Senate.

It's never about who can do the most good. Politician opinions are fake anyway; it is about who has the most money and is most willing to do whatever the lobbyists tell them to do.

Sorry for the off topic rant.  :)

ya that's the kind of horse shit that has brought our once great nation to its knees.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
ya that's the kind of horse shit that has brought our once great nation to its knees.
Your avatar is highly appropriate with your posts right now.  ;)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Your avatar is highly appropriate with your posts right now.  ;)

ill get my other power ranger friends so we can morph our robots together into a giant robot and destroy a city with no repercussions at all!! GO GO POWER RANGERS!

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:51 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ill get my other power ranger friends so we can morph our robots together into a giant robot and destroy a city with no repercussions at all!! GO GO POWER RANGERS!

just work for the goverment, same thing happens but with out the robot.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.