You are Here:
Greetings from the UK!

Author (Read 1212 times)

Greetings from the UK!
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Hi guys! My names Rich and I'm from the UK! I'm passionate about several things in life and at least 3 of those things involve playing cards. They are Magic, Poker, and Card collecting (in no particular order!)

I stumbled across this site in pursuit of the third passion on my list - Collecting! I don't quite know what it is, but I love collecting cards! The artwork, the feel of the cards, the history, I find it very interesting! Even the smell of a fresh deck!

So, yeah, that's my story! I'm hoping to find some information about where I can find certain rare decks, maybe help people with anything they need to know, and maybe even help people with their collections, as I have a few decks I'm willing to trade!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

Re: Greetings from the UK!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular
Hi guys! My names Rich and I'm from the UK! I'm passionate about several things in life and at least 3 of those things involve playing cards. They are Magic, Poker, and Card collecting (in no particular order!)

I stumbled across this site in pursuit of the third passion on my list - Collecting! I don't quite know what it is, but I love collecting cards! The artwork, the feel of the cards, the history, I find it very interesting! Even the smell of a fresh deck!

So, yeah, that's my story! I'm hoping to find some information about where I can find certain rare decks, maybe help people with anything they need to know, and maybe even help people with their collections, as I have a few decks I'm willing to trade!

You don't happen to be the British wheelchair tennis player, are you? His nickname was the quadfather too :P
Love is magic

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
hey welcome to The Discourse if you have any question you can ask me or anybody in here have a great time .

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
You don't happen to be the British wheelchair tennis player, are you? His nickname was the quadfather too :P

No, that name just stuck during a game of poker once! 2 4 of a kinds in 2 hands!
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular

No, that name just stuck during a game of poker once! 2 4 of a kinds in 2 hands!
CRAZY! Well, welcome my friend enjoy Aether! :D
Love is magic

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »

shz

• True Member
  • Image credit blazingtalent.deviantart.com
Greetings, fellow card enthusiast!

Welcome to the discourse.  Feel free to browse around and ask about anything you don't find :))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:12:56 PM by shz »
"It's like you're invisible... just the back of an 'ead"

MAJOR brownie points if you get it.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Heya Rich! Welcome to the discourse! We're really glad you've come over and joined us here!  :D

Magic, Poker and cards! That is your winning combo! hahahaha! I do hope you find your stay with us an enjoyable one. You will find that we are all easy to get along with here. Though at times we can get crazy but its all fun.
Anyway there are tond of threads here that will really help you expand your collection. In case you want to find a certain type of card or topic you can always use the SEARCH function to help make your life easier than going through all the forum posts. ^_^.

Oh and you should also probably check out the Design and DEveloment board to see new upcoming descks in their design stage to be really up to date with the collecting world. (Also this preps us in figuring out which decks to splurge on as well. :) ).

Should you have any questions, feel free to message me or one of the moderators of the board. We would be more than happy to help you out. :)

Even the smell of a fresh deck!

And I thought I was the only one who smells a freshly opened deck of cards. :)

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I've had a bit of a browse of the forums, and already spent £40 on 6 decks of Legends by David Blaine and co! Never even knew abut those cards till I came on here!

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

What style Poker do you prefer? I wish I had a Poker posse here but none of my friends enjoy card games. D:
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
I only play Texas holdem. It's the only poker game that people play here really. I've tried to play other kinds online, but I prefer to play live and there's nobody to play against!! How about you?

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:41:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, Quadfather, welcome aboard the boards!  I'm sure you'll find we're a friendly-though-opinionated lot and we generally don't bite the newbies (well, not too hard, anyway)...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »

ibrahimjaber

• Paranoid Polly
Welcome to The Discourse & Have a great time :)