You are Here:
Apocalyptica Chromatics By Ignite on KickStarter

Author (Read 1624 times)

Apocalyptica Chromatics By Ignite on KickStarter
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:00 PM »

karak

• True Member
Hi all,

It has been an amazing couple months and with tons of help from ALL of you we finally launched today. We have worked so hard on making sure that everything, on our side, is taken care of. I hope you agree.
Our link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1170969302/bicycle-apocalyptica-playing-cards-the-world-ends

The deck idea came from an Roleplaying game that did not meet its goal. Our artists had already created almost all the art so we made contacts within the industry and had amazing help from you guys and got to bring this out. The deck is sort of a play on the 2012 prophecy that the world is going to end. The cards represent some guesses about that world.
Clubs are atom bombs and gears to represent the end
Hearts are Mayan sacrifices
Spades are amazing cutting weapons
Diamonds are cut...well diamonds:)

Some of our cards

I attached our Tuck as well. Which I love.

What makes us special?
Well I think that we really went a unique route with the backs of the cards. Perhaps some may dislike that but we chose it for a reason. Also the backs have a unique design to them that has some subtle hidden images if looked at from particular angles. No markings or anything, just a subtle design that at first doesn't show up. I really liked that. We are custom in every way, which many decks are, but we are also going a bit custom on our rewards.

Steel Playing cards are the first unique reward. We offer them in groups of 4 and I really must say our local creator did a remarkable job. We got them to a manageable price & got a solid promise from the creator that if we hit one of the locked stretch goals he will make 10 steel decks complete. Which will be great.

Obviously they will be printed by USPC and be the typical excellent stock you all expect from cards.
I don't think this deck will appeal to all but I do think that people can see just how much care and time we took making sure it was perfect to us.

I really can't say much more other than thank you to everyone here.

EDIT: And we know about the error on the first early bird with the $5 shipping. My fault for using Opera and KS's webpage. So backers can back and they will get a free art print as well for being early birds. Everyone applies for this, not just International where the error occurred.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:42:53 PM by karak »

Re: Apocalyptica Chromatics By Ignite on KickStarter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
I like your deck.
I would like to support your project, but I do not know how to do the KickStarter support thing.
Is there a instruction somewhere please?
I am from Australia, so I have to add the overseas shipping fees separately?
There is a 4 Jokers set, could you kindly point me to the jokers art work please?
Thank you!

Regards,
Doris

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »

karak

• True Member
I like your deck.
I would like to support your project, but I do not know how to do the KickStarter support thing.
Is there a instruction somewhere please?
I am from Australia, so I have to add the overseas shipping fees separately?
There is a 4 Jokers set, could you kindly point me to the jokers art work please?
Thank you!

Regards,
Doris
I will look for an instruction set. I am not sure there is one other than the site itself. Shipping is seperate. You click the pledge and then add shipping to your total. For example if you wanted a reward that was at $10.00 but had $4.00 for shipping you would click the $10 reward but put $14.00 into the blank where you enter the total amount.

We are posting the jokers tonight or tomorrow. We had a revision demanded on them.
2 of the jokers are ours. And 2 are the ones being designed as parts of rewards. OR we will design them depending on if people want to do that. We already have on backer who wants to create a joker.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »

kcaso

Sorry, but this design is really weak.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:09 AM »

karak

• True Member
Not a problem at all. Each to their own in these kinds of things.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 05:18:34 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Wow!! way to offer support, no reason why you think this is a weak design? No constructive criticism to offer as to what could be improved?

Sorry but your comment is weak.

Go away troll!

Right,

I like the deck and have just pledged.

I had the idea of creating some stainless playing cards using our laser cutter at work just never got round to it, great minds think alike!

As for your stretch goals we'll have to see how the budget is holding up, lots of cool decks coming out this month,

Good luck with the project you're off to a good start!
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

karak

• True Member
Thank you very much for the pledge!
I agree about cool decks. There is a flood of quality decks out there!

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Wow!! way to offer support, no reason why you think this is a weak design? No constructive criticism to offer as to what could be improved?

Go away troll!

Right,

I had the idea of creating some stainless playing cards using our laser cutter at work just never got round to it, great minds think alike!

As for your stretch goals we'll have to see how the budget is holding up, lots of cool decks coming out this month,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull you up on this. He is most certainly not trolling. He is simply starting his opinion. You don't always have to deliver constructive criticism or support. I personally do not like the design, it looks cheap. Yet I hope the deck is successful for Karak's sake.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 07:11:41 PM »

karak

• True Member
Thanks all.

I do have to say, at the very least, its great having people give some ideas of what they think only because, as we have all seen, many first decks are not the best then people get better at it. Maybe thats 26 years of instructing martial arts speaking in my head.

Now I do have to say I was not expecting the flood of foreign emails about buying 20-30 bricks?!? I never even suspected that happened. So there is one ding on me for being unprepared for foreign deck resellers.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:12:13 PM by karak »

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Go away troll!

Right,

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull you up on this. He is most certainly not trolling. He is simply starting his opinion. You don't always have to deliver constructive criticism or support. I personally do not like the design, it looks cheap. Yet I hope the deck is successful for Karak's sake.

And I'll reply. Opinions are like A***holes, everybody has one, You are always to the point with yours, I haven't always agreed with you posts but what I will say is that you don't hold back and are truthful with your comments. You never seem to resort to the one line posts such as:
"I like this deck"
"I don't like this"
These type of comments add nothing to a DISCUSSION forum, Don often pulls people up for these types of comments, and whilst I am not a moderator I will always make a stand if I feel it's warrented.
I read kcaso's comment and I felt it was an unfair comment with no supportive points made I felt it was a weak comment and I stated why.

You think the design looks cheap but at least you have the decency to add a goodwill comment about hoping the deck is successful.

My apologies to the OP for the off topic
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:18 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Go away troll!

Right,

And I'll reply. Opinions are like A***holes, everybody has one, You are always to the point with yours, I haven't always agreed with you posts but what I will say is that you don't hold back and are truthful with your comments. You never seem to resort to the one line posts such as:
"I like this deck"
"I don't like this"
These type of comments add nothing to a DISCUSSION forum, Don often pulls people up for these types of comments, and whilst I am not a moderator I will always make a stand if I feel it's warrented.
I read kcaso's comment and I felt it was an unfair comment with no supportive points made I felt it was a weak comment and I stated why.

You think the design looks cheap but at least you have the decency to add a goodwill comment about hoping the deck is successful.

My apologies to the OP for the off topic

My apologies also. Thank you for the compliments, I'd say the same for you.
I just thought it was a little unfair and disrespectful calling him a "troll" and to go away. I do also realise that Kcaso's comment was not very well constructed. I'm sure he meant not to offend anyone. And yes it lacked a bit of moral support.

Sorry for the off topic yet again, people.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks all.

I do have to say, at the very least, its great having people give some ideas of what they think only because, as we have all seen, many first decks are not the best then people get better at it. Maybe thats 26 years of instructing martial arts speaking in my head.

Now I do have to say I was not expecting the flood of foreign emails about buying 20-30 bricks?!? I never even suspected that happened. So there is one ding on me for being unprepared for foreign deck resellers.

Asians love custom decks.  They make up a hefty percentage of the market.

Didn't know you teach martial arts.  I'm a 1st-kyu in aikido.

Dee1orean, J&T: I approached him privately about his post as I didn't want it to become a dog pile. Dee made a valid point, though I would say that telling him to go away might have been a little harsh.  We try to be a friendly and congenial bunch around here, welcoming of newcomers.  And with that, I hope nothing more needs to be said.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

karak

• True Member
Hi all!
We are doing well. I am quite excited by our success and wanted to say thank you to everyone but especially to those from here that pledged.
Tonight I get to sit down with the custom poker chip maker and discuss a couple design changes. Can not wait to get these made.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »

karak

• True Member
We are doing amazing guys! I keep seeing the site coming up as the location some pledges are coming from thanks!

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 04:16:49 PM »

karak

• True Member
Funded! Thank you all for your help in this.