Goodbye Discourse

Author (Read 746 times)

Goodbye Discourse
« on: December 23, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
In life all things must come to an end, and one thing that is a constant is change. People have come, and people have gone. New have taken there place, and some  come back. One day in the future a year or so. I will say to another collector "Did you see what Don wrote on the Discourse the other day" and the collector will say " You know, it hasn't been called the Discourse for over a year now" and I will say "It will always be the Discourse to me"
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Goodbye Discourse
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:49:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Things change over time.  The term "Discourse" and the one that preceded it, "AetherCards," are from a period in the past.  With the new ownership and new focus, a new brand name was appropriate - almost necessary, in fact.  As stated, it's been a year since the changing of the guard, and while the simple acts of posting and reading posts haven't changed, many other things about this place have, and as I see it, for the better.

I will have fond memories of this place as it was when I joined, before I was even a moderator, never mind an administrator - but look at what we've GAINED!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I noticed the Banner change yesterday around this time. Looks good, all Club proud. I like it. Can only do good things for the club too, having the name out there under the title. More members would be very nice. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Just throwing this out there...
 The joker icon should be larger.   I do not know how it looks on a bigger screen but on a tablet and a phone it would be unrecognizable if I did not already know what I was looking at.  It's a really nice brand image and should be a focal point for the forum and club alike.  Not trying to step on anyones toes, just making an observation. 
JMO
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 05:31:02 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
You make a good point about the logo and the size. We will take a good look at how to use our club logo to best advantage.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club