Legends Deck, coming Jan 2013 from David Blaine and Bill Kalush

Author (Read 62923 times)

Re: Legends Deck, coming Jan 2013 from David Blaine and Bill Kalush
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
"Coterie will carry them too"

Which is good and bad, because of the extremely high price of their cards (and their shipping), they will probably be really expensive.

I might say, probably as high as the coterie bees were.

For me (I live in México) its bad news.

I can only hope that maybe the price is not that bad (maybe 4.95 + shipping per deck) or the CARC handles them in affordable deals (1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 12, 16 and 24 would be good options).

I just hope i can get at least 12 decks.

Im eagerly waiting for the pre-release to actually "release" lol

From everything I've heard about this deck, it was made at a much lower cost than a USPC deck and that some of those savings are being passed on to the customers.  Coterie1902 prices are better than you think they are, once you realize that shipping's usually INCLUDED in the price.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Oh i knew that...

the thing is that for me the Design didnt justify spending 126 dollars shipping included for 12 decks.

Since reviews said nothing special about the cards... i couldn't get myself to buy them, the box wasnt enough (and in comparison there were many other awesome boxes in the market) and that was the selling point.

I dont want to bash the coterie bees, but i guess i will have to wait and see if they will offer something justified in price.

Form Follows Function

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Oh i knew that...

the thing is that for me the Design didnt justify spending 126 dollars shipping included for 12 decks.

Since reviews said nothing special about the cards... i couldn't get myself to buy them, the box wasnt enough (and in comparison there were many other awesome boxes in the market) and that was the selling point.

I dont want to bash the coterie bees, but i guess i will have to wait and see if they will offer something justified in price.

The deck was worth it.  Still is worth it.  And now you can buy some along with pre-ordering the Legends decks, should you choose to do so.

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2013, 04:35:59 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
where do you see a legends deck preorder?

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2013, 06:01:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
where do you see a legends deck preorder?

Perhaps my use of "now" was taken out of context.  Sometime between now and the end of the week, pre-orders begin.  I used "now" to refer to having a new opportunity to get the Bee Coterie deck in conjuction with a pre-order of Legends.  "Soon" would likely have been a better choice of word.

« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
@ hecrob Coterie Bee decks were parimiarly designed for magicians, I tried my best to provide more value with the deck by getting a gaff card that could be a stand alone item to go with it, we made videos to show 3 applications with it, I think these tutorial videos already making our deck worthy of its price. I understand there are many good looking tuckcase design out there, but don't you think Coterie Bee tuckcase design goes particularly well with black suits? I believe professional magicians will appreciate this.

Quite a few buck that you pay for the deck went to shipping(registered airmail from Hong Kong), so you are not actually paying that much for the deck alone. Unfortunately, it's the international shipping that makes this deck appear to be so expensive(nothing much we could do about this, it's the same for Asians trying to buy exclusive decks from US, we pay alot for shipping too)

Anyway, thanks to a mistake by USPCC, we will be able to make the next edition available at cheaper price.

@ Don, yes, what they save at the production cost with Legends will pass onto customers, we also worked out some deals to sell Legends along with Coterie Bee(coterie mailing box is designed to best pack 4,8 or 12 decks, so that's a hint of how these decks will be made available)  I am still waiting for Lawrence to provide me with the press kit, but I will try to make prices available in these two days, so that customers will have an idea about the various options. 

Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
will anyone who received the decks do a video review or trailer? i hope i can see how good the decks are before the release. thanks

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
@ hecrob Coterie Bee decks were parimiarly designed for magicians, I tried my best to provide more value with the deck by getting a gaff card that could be a stand alone item to go with it, we made videos to show 3 applications with it, I think these tutorial videos already making our deck worthy of its price. I understand there are many good looking tuckcase design out there, but don't you think Coterie Bee tuckcase design goes particularly well with black suits? I believe professional magicians will appreciate this.

Quite a few buck that you pay for the deck went to shipping(registered airmail from Hong Kong), so you are not actually paying that much for the deck alone. Unfortunately, it's the international shipping that makes this deck appear to be so expensive(nothing much we could do about this, it's the same for Asians trying to buy exclusive decks from US, we pay alot for shipping too)

Anyway, thanks to a mistake by USPCC, we will be able to make the next edition available at cheaper price.

@ Don, yes, what they save at the production cost with Legends will pass onto customers, we also worked out some deals to sell Legends along with Coterie Bee(coterie mailing box is designed to best pack 4,8 or 12 decks, so that's a hint of how these decks will be made available)  I am still waiting for Lawrence to provide me with the press kit, but I will try to make prices available in these two days, so that customers will have an idea about the various options. 

Wow after seeing the packages for the preorder of the legends deck you literally shut my mouth... 155 (shipping included) for  24 decks its a steal...

Im considering buying from you now, and i could get my hands on some legends + coteries...

For the guys who haven't seen it, the packages are:

Legends Playing Cards & Coterie Bee Playing Cards Set

4 Deck Set -- 3 x Legends Playing Cards + 1 x Coterie Bee Playing Cards
8 Deck Set -- 6 x Legends Playing Cards + 2 x Coterie Bee Playing Cards
12 Deck Set - 9 x Legends Playing Cards + 3 x Coterie Bee Playing Cards
24 Deck Set - 18 x Legends Playing Cards + 6 x Coterie Bee Playing Cards

Damn im so tempted...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:17:27 AM by hecrob »
Form Follows Function

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Quicker than we have expected, pre-order starts now:

Legends

http://coterie1902.com/products/playing-cards/legends-playing-cards-lawrence-sullivan

Legends + Coterie Bee set

http://coterie1902.com/products/playing-cards/legends-playing-cards-coterie-bee-playing-cards-set

Cheers,
Zenneth

Holy---
Those prices are awesome!

yeah..."awesome" isn't the word I'd use to describe those prices at all considering this whole time the idea that these decks were going to be cheaper than the standard USPCC custom decks was driven home.

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »

danktrees

• Elite Member

while I certainly understand the cost of shipping. the problem remains that since each item includes shipping costs, there are no volume discounts. for example, if I order 2 bricks of legends and an extra coterie deck, the coterie deck still costs 13 bucks so I would be charged the regular shipping price for that deck even though it most likely does not increase the shipping cost at all when ordered with 2 bricks of cards.

I understand I can order those decks together in a package but I was merely using that order as an example.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:57:35 AM by danktrees »

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Quicker than we have expected, pre-order starts now:

Legends

http://coterie1902.com/products/playing-cards/legends-playing-cards-lawrence-sullivan

Legends + Coterie Bee set

http://coterie1902.com/products/playing-cards/legends-playing-cards-coterie-bee-playing-cards-set

Cheers,
Zenneth

Holy---
Those prices are awesome!

yeah..."awesome" isn't the word I'd use to describe those prices at all considering this whole time the idea that these decks were going to be cheaper than the standard USPCC custom decks was driven home.

But look at the shipping. Not to mention that the handling is suppost to be phenomenal. I think it's still a pretty nice deal in lieu of all those other preorders.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:10 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
on top of which you can pick up two bricks and get the fan back set for 25 which is just sweet.

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
$25 for 3 deck and shipping. I am so getting this when I get paid.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

Angel_magic

• Forum Regular
Does anyone know if Blaine is going to sell these on his website?
Check out my thread with a BUNCH of rare decks and accessories for sale!
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=11812.0

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

while I certainly understand the cost of shipping. the problem remains that since each item includes shipping costs, there are no volume discounts. for example, if I order 2 bricks of legends and an extra coterie deck, the coterie deck still costs 13 bucks so I would be charged the regular shipping price for that deck even though it most likely does not increase the shipping cost at all when ordered with 2 bricks of cards.

I understand I can order those decks together in a package but I was merely using that order as an example.

First of all, thank you guys for the support and I believe you guys will be very happy with your purchase, this is no doubt one of the best deals in year 2013 for playing cards community.

We really trying to offer the best we could with this pre-order, 3 decks Legends is $25 USD shipping included, 3 Legends + 1 Coterie Bee is $34 USD shipping included, which means we charge $9USD for a deck of Coterie Bee(and its shipping), so you see that we are clearly not charging $13USD a deck for Coterie Bee.

And yes, $25USD a pair of Black and White New Fan Back offer is still applicable for order amount over $100USD.

Cheers,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member

First of all, thank you guys for the support and I believe you guys will be very happy with your purchase, this is no doubt one of the best deals in year 2013 for playing cards community.

We really trying to offer the best we could with this pre-order, 3 decks Legends is $25 USD shipping included, 3 Legends + 1 Coterie Bee is $34 USD shipping included, which means we charge $9USD for a deck of Coterie Bee(and its shipping), so you see that we are clearly not charging $13USD a deck for Coterie Bee.

And yes, $25USD a pair of Black and White New Fan Back offer is still applicable for order amount over $100USD.

Cheers,
Zenneth

I understand the bundle costs. but my point is that if you want to pick up and extra single deck or two, the cost of the deck is 13 even though it wouldn't actually increase the shipping costs when purchasing 12 or 24 other decks. ultimately it's not a huge deal cuz its at most 4-10 dollars extra but it's something to consider as more products are added to the site.

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
this is no doubt one of the best deals in year 2013 for playing cards community.

only if you compare this deal to some of the other massively overpriced releases this year.

Honestly, given that "lower costs than USPCC" was one of the main talking points about this deck, I feel like there will be a better deal on these cards from some other seller eventually. I'll hold off on this for now, although if this ends up being the best deal then I guess I'll take it because I really do want this deck.

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Cheers,
Zenneth

I understand the bundle costs. but my point is that if you want to pick up and extra single deck or two, the cost of the deck is 13 even though it wouldn't actually increase the shipping costs when purchasing 12 or 24 other decks. ultimately it's not a huge deal cuz its at most 4-10 dollars extra but it's something to consider as more products are added to the site.

I see your point now, will think this over and see if we could come up with something for this kind of order.

Thanks for the advice!
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
I already ordered mine i got six decks for $50 . hey zenneth are you going to email us the tracking numbers or do we need to make a account on your website ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:56:27 PM by Frost »

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular
I missed out on the Legends deck deals on their own :(
They sold out so quickly!
Have to get the Legends + Coterie Bee decks deal instead. Oh well Legends with CBees are better than no Legends at all!
CAN'T WAIT
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:34:18 PM by DrianAbara »
Love is magic

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
This offer from Coterie is specially good for people outside the US. You know, we are kind of used to high S&H prices. The total price from Coterie, in other hand, make it really worth it buying larger quantities.

I'm also very pleased by the opportunity to grab a few Coterie Bees as well.

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I missed out on the Legends deck deals on their own :(
They sold out so quickly!
Have to get the Legends + Coterie Bee decks deal instead. Oh well Legends with CBees are better than no Legends at all!
CAN'T WAIT

Sold out on the Coterie site (Legends "package" alone)? Wonder if they'll be sold on DB's site or even CARC... Hopefully!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular
This offer from Coterie is specially good for people outside the US. You know, we are kind of used to high S&H prices. The total price from Coterie, in other hand, make it really worth it buying larger quantities.

I'm also very pleased by the opportunity to grab a few Coterie Bees as well.
The only problem is that I already have around 10 Coterie Bee decks :P I don't go through decks very fast though, I like to prolong my decks' lives and take care of them and their boxes, which is why I am so intrigued by the supposed quality and durability of the Legends deck.
Love is magic