Author (Read 1470 times)

Card Caddy (KS)
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:17 AM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Hi all-
The Kickstarter campaign for the Card Caddy - the playing card deck box that converts to a discard tray - is now open through March 6th.  It's great for parents on the go, trading card gamers and card enthusiasts in general.  Check it out here:
 http://kck.st/1DHyaee
Thanks for your support!

Re: Card Caddy (KS)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:00:44 AM »

HudsonDesign

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
  • Upcycle your life

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Wrong forum I think?

Not really a new deck, sorry.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Wrong forum I think?

Not really a new deck, sorry.
It's playing card related so I can see how it fits.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:52:14 PM »

HudsonDesign

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
  • Upcycle your life

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Oh I know, just wondered if it was in the right section was all...

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome to the forum Dimesy.
I can see where this could be good for playing cards while traveling, but to be honest, I really don't see any other uses. It really doesn't work for trading card gamers. They use more than 1 standard deck, and games like UNO are the same. So it wouldn't be big enough for that. Most people that play cards at home don't use trays. The only reason I used a tray with UNO, was it came with the game.
If this doesn't fund this time. Maybe change the focus to a custom set of cards that include a case that turns into a tray
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thanks for the ideas - I was on the fence about coming out with the "triple" decker version that would appeal to the trading card group vs. the single deck version.  The one surprising thing I've learned in developing this product is the amazing diversity and creativity there is in the custom deck community.  There are definitely lots of people I could team up with on the next iteration to develop a case/deck combo pack.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This is an interesting idea. I would like to see a version that could hold the decks in a tuckbox myself but that's just me. Protecting decks from kids is pretty high on my list of important things to do. I can't tell you how unpleasant it can be to discover that the decks you had planned to use for a friendly game with pals were tragically murdered by said pals kids whilst someone had their back turned enjoying a beverage at the grill for five minutes.

Protecting my fresh decks of playing cards in transit and prior to use is important to me. Interesting approach this product is taking and I like it.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
This is an interesting idea. I would like to see a version that could hold the decks in a tuckbox myself but that's just me. Protecting decks from kids is pretty high on my list of important things to do. I can't tell you how unpleasant it can be to discover that the decks you had planned to use for a friendly game with pals were tragically murdered by said pals kids whilst someone had their back turned enjoying a beverage at the grill for five minutes.

Protecting my fresh decks of playing cards in transit and prior to use is important to me. Interesting approach this product is taking and I like it.
Thanks!
A Deck in its tuck box does fit. I made the interior dimensions slightly bigger than a poker-sized card in order to accomodate sleeved trading cards and it seems to have worked out for cards in their tuck boxes, too. Please forgive the crappy old deck, though, it was the only one I could find.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 09:47:24 AM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
The Kickstarter for the Card Caddy is in its final week - help get us over the top!
http://kck.st/1DHyaee

Thanks!