You are Here:
Sherlock Holmes by Jackson Robinson (KS)

Author (Read 23054 times)

Sherlock Holmes by Jackson Robinson (KS)
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
The Next Chapter for Kings Wild Playing Cards, Sherlock Holmes!

I happy to announce my next project. I have been in talks with the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Estate and I just received approval to make an officially licensed Sherlock Holmes Playing Card Deck. I have always been captivated by the characters and stories of Sir Conan Doyle and am excited to contribute my own style to a rich heritage a creativity. More details to follow but as of now I plan on going live with the project here on Kickstarter around the first of November.

Thanks again for all of your support,

Jackson

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:16:06 PM by Don Boyer »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Jackson to do Holmes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Thank you Rob for the post.

Here is another image.

Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:36:27 AM »

Sovereign

• True Member
This looks great, looking forward to seeing the rest.

Phill

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I like this one, what will the pricing be. I know people who would be interested in this that I want to tell.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »

AndyCrofford

• Newcomer
I really like the colors on this deck and will definitely pledge. I look forward to seeing the court cards, it will be interesting to see what Jackson does with them.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
See, that is just classy right there. And it is a far cry more unique than most, okay nearly all, the stuff on KS right now. Will definitely be onboard for this one. I've been throttling myself for not finding KS sooner and missing out on your Federal 52 series. Needless to say, you've garnered quite a following and I foresee this deck getting funded in less than a week. Again, very classy.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:35:50 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Well, this was kept quiet lol here's me thinking that you were going to go with the simple design that u had in the design section. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this design, the detail in your work is just awe inspiring. Question though (sorry if it sounds a little silly), are the court cards going to be based on the original Sherlock Holmes characters or are you going to make your own up as to how you think they should look?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Well, this was kept quiet lol here's me thinking that you were going to go with the simple design that u had in the design section. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this design, the detail in your work is just awe inspiring. Question though (sorry if it sounds a little silly), are the court cards going to be based on the original Sherlock Holmes characters or are you going to make your own up as to how you think they should look?

The characters.  He gave me a peek.  You'll like them.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 09:09:13 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well this has peeked my interest, can't wait to see more....especially with Don's little drop  :)

Re: Jackson to do Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Ah no fair, show us a little peek Jackson :)
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 11:12:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ah no fair, show us a little peek Jackson :)

He'll peek it to you in due time.  Let the anticipation build.  The KS project doesn't even start until NEXT month.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Sneak peak courtesy of Scott from Tuckcase.com

Looks like i have to get back in the prostitution business again.. sigh Jackson why must you do this! =p

Following quote also from Tuckcase.com:

The project will feature three decks - The Baker Street Edition, The Holmes Edition and The Moriarty Edition (as seen below), one completely unique court set featured on all three card decks. Jackson will also be making a limited edition set available for backers.

I'm not sure if the above implies the same 'completely unique court set' (12 different court faces) featured on all 3 decks or 3 different 'completely unique court set' ( 36 DIFFERENT FREAKING COURTS!) featured on the 3 versions. Can you remove the ambiguity please, Jackson?

I love the Moriarty edition!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:34:24 AM by Fred »
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Looks like i have to get back in the prostitution business again.. sigh Jackson why must you do this! =p

Following quote also from Tuckcase.com:

The project will feature three decks - The Baker Street Edition, The Holmes Edition and The Moriarty Edition (as seen below), one completely unique court set featured on all three card decks. Jackson will also be making a limited edition set available for backers.

I'm not sure if the above implies the same 'completely unique court set' (12 different court faces) featured on all 3 decks or 3 different 'completely unique court set' ( 36 DIFFERENT FREAKING COURTS!) featured on the 3 versions. Can you remove the ambiguity please, Jackson?

I love the Moriarty edition!

No problem. I'm designing one complete court set that will featured on all three decks. The Holmes and Baker Street Editions will have the exact same faces. However the Moriarty Edition will have the same design but with more eviiil color schemes and metallic silver in place of red for the suite colors. I have had thoughts of designing an entire new court set for the Moriarty Edition that are nothing but Sherlock Holmes Villains. That will most likely be a stretch goal, but I would really like to do that cuz it sounds like a blast.

Hope that helps.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis

No problem. I'm designing one complete court set that will featured on all three decks. The Holmes and Baker Street Editions will have the exact same faces. However the Moriarty Edition will have the same design but with more eviiil color schemes and metallic silver in place of red for the suite colors. I have had thoughts of designing an entire new court set for the Moriarty Edition that are nothing but Sherlock Holmes Villains. That will most likely be a stretch goal, but I would really like to do that cuz it sounds like a blast.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the clarification Jackson. Very excited! I think that stretch goal will become a reality if you set it as anything under $100,000. Really would be something to be extra proud of to create whole new faces for a change instead of a different back design and recoloured pips!

Any chance us biddies at aethercards can get an early/exclusive preview on some of the other cards/courts? (: Or maybe even the draft link to Kickstarter? Though that may be too much wishful thinking.. =p
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Still bummed about missing out on the Fed 52 project, but very excited to be able to follow this current one. I agree with Fred, love the Moriarty backs....but the Baker Streets are a very close second. Very exciting!

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Those back designs are awesome! Time to scrounge up some more money to throw at another Jackson Robinson kickstarter.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:35:58 PM by Curt »

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

Need a pimp? I don't hit too hard.

Saw the Tuckcase article earlier, and realized I'm going to have to save some money. Those designs are GORGEOUS and stand apart in a league of their own. No WAY I'm missing another one of your projects sir, especially this one. A whole villain deck would be badass, possibility of metallic inks? Stretch goals in this case is an inappropriate term, as I think regardless of what is set, it will be achieved. More like grasp goals, I tell you!

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I absolutely cannot wait for these to go live on Kickstarter. Should be absolutely amazing.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I thought I would drop a few images.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:00:03 AM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 08:59:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I thought I would drop a few images.

Those are awesome.  The Baker Street Edition is exceptionally good.

I think the Conan Doyle Estate will be proud.

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
These are fantastic Jackson, well done. I'm with Don, really love the Baker Street Edition but all three are wonderful...........time to start saving  ;)

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »

MyHeLL

• Newcomer
The Baker Street Edition seems to be superb!

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »

whaam

• True Member
Total respect for Jackson's work. Federal 52 is the best custom design on KS for now.
You're one of the few designers that get what he deserves on KS, great work has to be acknowledged and rewarded.

Many people there with projects that get funded and reach ridiculous numbers that I cannot explain myself..., why..., for that... :o

Sherlock, I just saw these courts. Nice, classic style..., all within basic rules for designing cards, Holmes and Moriarty edition in a comic style (I love comics) but backers will probably mostly like the Baker st. edition (color within Holmes character is white,...maybe would be better if it was the same as card background color)
 Overall nice, not too impressed with these..., but that's probably cause I expected too much based on last design, Federal was the top 1 (!)
Backs are fantastic, I like the colors on all.

I have no doubts those 3 (!) decks will be another huge success for you...
Good luck

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:18:27 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
Like everyone else I am a huge fan of the Moriarty back and the Holmes back is a close 2nd. I think with the addition of metallic ink the center design will really pop. I also love the Baker St. edition courts, these are done in true Jackson fashion.

However the cartoon courts I am not as crazy about, looks like something off a Clue game or Kids deck of cards. Not something I am looking for in a serious deck of cards. Similar response on the Baker St. backs, which I also find a little too busy for my tastes. Not that they are horrible, just not reaching out a grabbing me as something I can't do without.

In my humble opinion, I would highly recommend reversing the backs and courts. I would buy a ton of the Moriarty and Holmes decks if they had the Baker St courts, I would then buy a couple of the Baker St. editions to round out my Robinson collection  :D  They will be huge as usual but, Please, please reverse the courts and backs, Mr. Robinson.

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Awesome as always, Jackson!

The Baker Street edition is just brilliant.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)