You are Here:
New Pr1me Decks: Series 001 (3rd Ed.) and Noir

Author (Read 7924 times)

Re: New Pr1me Decks: Series 001 (3rd Ed.) and Noir
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »

massy

I have bought a noir deck, i'm waiting to receive it...but now I have found it un youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMhKr4Mh4Y

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
There's a good chance that CARC will carry it, but it's not a certainty.  I'll ask Bill when I'm in touch with him next.

Don, any word?

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »

massy

Hi princess, I have seen your collection....it's amazing.
Compliments

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
There's a good chance that CARC will carry it, but it's not a certainty.  I'll ask Bill when I'm in touch with him next.

Don, any word?

Not yet, but I'll be in touch with him before the weekend.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thanks massy.  I'm still waiting for Mike from BMPokerWorld to get more of the deck displays in so I can hang the most of the collection on the wall.  I've been waiting months now.  Ugh.

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 09:13:33 PM »

vmagic

Thanks massy.  I'm still waiting for Mike from BMPokerWorld to get more of the deck displays in so I can hang the most of the collection on the wall.  I've been waiting months now.  Ugh.

You think he's actually going to get more in?

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It might be simpler and faster to make your own.  We have at least a few topics on how people display their decks and what displays they've made for them.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 10:01:41 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

Collectableplayingcards.com has the same thing in stock and cheaper by about $30.

http://collectableplayingcards.com/playing-card-frame-deck-acrylic-playing-card-display-collectable-playing-cards-p-45663.html

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi Don,
Sorry about my slow response but I was away.
I've decided that Conjuring Arts will carry the No1r deck. I'm not sure on the price but they won't be super expensive. Probably $7.95 a deck plus shipping.
One caveat is that these are from a different factory than either Pr1me editions or Sketch decks. For me, as a cardman, I prefer the first Pr1me decks over either sketch decks or No1rs but that is just me. In fact after using the same Pr1me deck (red) for over a year it is still a favorite. After they break in they stay in a very Jerry's like condition and I love that. This is not the case for the Sketch decks and I haven't field tested the No1r enough to make any claims about it.
We will build a product and have the decks available very soon.

bk

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Thanks massy.  I'm still waiting for Mike from  bmpokercrap to get more of the deck displays in so I can hang the most of the collection on the wall.  I've been waiting months now.  Ugh.

Collectableplayingcards.com has the same thing in stock and cheaper by about $30.

http://collectableplayingcards.com/playing-card-frame-deck-acrylic-playing-card-display-collectable-playing-cards-p-45663.html

These are great - here's a pix of one we have with old advertising and Congress #606 decks from the early 20th century by USPC
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:25:27 PM by 52plusjoker »
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »

chach

• Forum Regular
Hi Don,
I've decided that Conjuring Arts will carry the No1r deck. I'm not sure on the price but they won't be super expensive. Probably $7.95 a deck plus shipping.
One caveat is that these are from a different factory than either Pr1me editions or Sketch decks. For me, as a cardman, I prefer the first Pr1me decks over either sketch decks or No1rs but that is just me. In fact after using the same Pr1me deck (red) for over a year it is still a favorite. After they break in they stay in a very Jerry's like condition and I love that. This is not the case for the Sketch decks and I haven't field tested the No1r enough to make any claims about it.

bk

Excellent!  Thanks for the update!
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Hi Don,

bk

Bill or anyone that may know - when you say first Pr1me decks, does that refer to the 001 1st and/or 2nd editions?
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

Bill or anyone that may know - when you say first Pr1me decks, does that refer to the 001 1st and/or 2nd editions?

I'm referring to both the first two Pr1mes. I realize that there was some differences in printing but the quality and feel seems to be the same. The Sketch and now No1r are substantially different.
Although having said that I found that some of the blue Pr1mes are really really soft, but not all! I don't know why or how to tell other than to open them and flex them.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:47:38 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

Although having said that I found that some of the blue Pr1mes are really really soft, but not all! I don't know why or how to tell other than to open them and flex them.

Pardon my continued ignorance - Is really really soft good or bad?  My main goal has always been to find the best handling deck, and so far nothing has matched the Exquisites, but I'm looking to pick up one of those Pr1mes and want to make sure I get the right one :)
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

Pardon my continued ignorance - Is really really soft good or bad?  My main goal has always been to find the best handling deck, and so far nothing has matched the Exquisites, but I'm looking to pick up one of those Pr1mes and want to make sure I get the right one :)

I agree with you that the Blue Exquisites are the best yet (even better than the Red).
If you like the Exquisites then you should try the red Pr1mes. When I say the blue Pr1mes are sometimes too soft I mean they were freakishly soft. I don't know what happened in the production but they are crazy soft (some decks, that is). I would bet you will like the red Pr1mes.

bk

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

I agree with you that the Blue Exquisites are the best yet (even better than the Red).
If you like the Exquisites then you should try the red Pr1mes. When I say the blue Pr1mes are sometimes too soft I mean they were freakishly soft. I don't know what happened in the production but they are crazy soft (some decks, that is). I would bet you will like the red Pr1mes.

bk

Thanks Bill!  Yeah, those blue exquisites are my absolute favorites for handling - I've actually tried not to break them in too much as I only have the one (and I'm planning on keeping the red sealed as a collectible)

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

I hope so, eventually.  I originally ordered 6 from him but 1 was damaged.  Now there is a "hole" in my display wall waiting for another case.  I would like for it to match and not be different from the 5 I've already hung (even already have the screws predrilled).  Once I start on the next the wall, I can use a different brand/type.  I guess I'm just a little OCD.  Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
A little update. Our supply of the No1r deck arrived today and we expect to put these on sale Wednesday at 1pm.
Single decks will be $7.95 each plus postage and there will be some deals for bricks as well.

bk

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
A little update. Our supply of the No1r deck arrived today and we expect to put these on sale Wednesday at 1pm.
Single decks will be $7.95 each plus postage and there will be some deals for bricks as well.

bk

Are you going to get in red pr1mes again by any chance?  I've been wanting one since you told me how awesome they are but haven't pulled the trigger yet...though I am picking up some more Exquisites ;)

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 02:32:56 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Unfortunately I don't believe that there are any red Pr1mes left. A year or so ago I think we bought the remaining stock and they are now sold out.
Next time you put an order at Conjuring Arts mention this conversation and I'll try to find a deck floating around the office and send it to you with my compliments.

bk

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 02:50:01 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I'm actually placing an order right now for that "Exquisite Deal" which, we should probably start a topic for if one hasn't already, really is exquisite.

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I'll ask Jen to pop a "spare" pr1me deck in for you! And thanks for having such a cool avatar photo.

bk

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:40:28 PM by DarkDerp »
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
For those interested we are selling our small stock of No1r starting now. They are $7.95 per deck with a discount at 12 and above.

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Arrrgggh  waited to get these but when I could not find them anywhere I finally caved in and bought a deck from my overseas guy  at twice the price. and yes  it was 2 days ago hehe.  Oh well