You are Here:
Quicksilver Deck - Circle City Cards

Author (Read 18423 times)

Re: Quicksilver Deck - Circle City Cards
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2013, 07:00:30 AM »

jsa056

• Newcomer
I all honesty I kinda do mind, because if he sells the quicksilver to make money to ship them he is selling whats he is suppose to ship. I really hope it would work out or he would atleast state thats what he is doing.

I don't know if this helps the anger at all John, but the Quicksilver deck that he is selling on his website are not quite the kickstarter version.  Or at least that's what I've been hearing.  If memory serves me right, I think only the kickstarter version got the foil on the tuck,

I will say I don't know Russell personally.  Never met or even spoke to the guy.  He's made a lot of mistakes, but I was one of the lucky backers who got their decks and dice soon after he received them so I don't have the same frustrations toward him that others (rightfully) do.  His lack of money management/business skills hurt him and yeah his lack of communication and lack of transparency on this project has been ridiculous and quite insulting.  But admitting he needed to have a sale to get shipping money?  I can get behind that.  It's honest and hopefully its a small step in the right direction.  All would not be forgiven, but hopefully he can take that money, finish his shipping quickly and everyone can move on.

BTW, I grabbed a brick of Hornets during his fire sale and like Don, I have no idea why these haven't sold out yet - great cards.  I'm hoping/expecting that money I sent him goes straight toward paying for backer shipping.

I'm crossing my finger's and wishing that first and foremost, every backer gets what they pledged for.  Also wishing Russell finds a way back into the good graces of playing card collectors.  It won't be easy, but he designs very nice decks and I think he'd be a big asset to the community if he could get it together.

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2013, 08:53:37 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I all honesty I kinda do mind, because if he sells the quicksilver to make money to ship them he is selling whats he is suppose to ship. I really hope it would work out or he would atleast state thats what he is doing.

I don't know if this helps the anger at all John, but the Quicksilver deck that he is selling on his website are not quite the kickstarter version.  Or at least that's what I've been hearing.  If memory serves me right, I think only the kickstarter version got the foil on the tuck,

I will say I don't know Russell personally.  Never met or even spoke to the guy.  He's made a lot of mistakes, but I was one of the lucky backers who got their decks and dice soon after he received them so I don't have the same frustrations toward him that others (rightfully) do.  His lack of money management/business skills hurt him and yeah his lack of communication and lack of transparency on this project has been ridiculous and quite insulting.  But admitting he needed to have a sale to get shipping money?  I can get behind that.  It's honest and hopefully its a small step in the right direction.  All would not be forgiven, but hopefully he can take that money, finish his shipping quickly and everyone can move on.

BTW, I grabbed a brick of Hornets during his fire sale and like Don, I have no idea why these haven't sold out yet - great cards.  I'm hoping/expecting that money I sent him goes straight toward paying for backer shipping.

I'm crossing my finger's and wishing that first and foremost, every backer gets what they pledged for.  Also wishing Russell finds a way back into the good graces of playing card collectors.  It won't be easy, but he designs very nice decks and I think he'd be a big asset to the community if he could get it together.

no one got the foil from what I was told. He skipped out on the metalic ink as well.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Mine have foil and embossing.

I received mine in Feb
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Mine have foil and embossing.

I received mine in Feb
Can you post pics CBJ? I would really like to see them.
- Adam

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Yeah got mine way back in february also and I do believe I remember foil and embossing.. I will check tonight when I get home

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I still have the uncut on the tube.  It left Circle City Cards on Feb 23rd.

Here are the pics.. not sure if you'll be able to really see the embossing/foil

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Thanks CBJ. I got mine in July/August and they do in fact have the embossing and foil. Just wanted to make sure.
- Adam

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

First, jsa056, welcome to the Discourse.  Interesting name...  You should head over to the "Introduce Yourself" topic and let the gang greet you properly and get to know you better.

It will be hard for him to regain that kind of trust.  I have yet to see a "fallen designer" come back from such a blow - which is not to say that it's impossible, just that it hasn't happened.  He'd probably get quicker acceptance by making designs for other people.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »

Adam

i dont think i will ever get my uncut sheet and 2 decks which is a shame because the cards themselves would look great framed. anyone have any news what russel is doing..........

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i dont think i will ever get my uncut sheet and 2 decks which is a shame because the cards themselves would look great framed. anyone have any news what russel is doing..........

Check out the topic on Kickstarter's "Successful Failures".

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2014, 05:12:43 AM »

BastianBJ

• Forum Regular

• Kickstarter:
Apparently, Russel has sent my stuff the 19th! Checked on the tracking number provided, at the moment my stuff is in Chicago.. my stuff is finally on the way! :D

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That's good to hear.  I'm sure he's been trying to get these things out all along - I got mine months ago.  It appears to have been a simple case of running out of cash on shipping due to a little poor planning on his part.  It's a shame, though - he'd been quite successful up to this point.  Between this and the fiasco with the Bicycle Army Men deck and Adam Clarkson, it appears that Circle City will likely close up shop - at least, that's my guess.

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 08:48:34 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well I still have no word on my brick, and my dice.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

vmagic

I'm still waiting for my stuff, hopefully it gets here eventually. I think it would help a lot if he posted an update and admitting his mistakes.

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
Ya, I haven't received my brick, uncut and dice, either. No update in forever.

At this point I would be almost willing to pay the shipping myself just to get the decks & uncuts.