You are Here:
Bicycle Truth Garden No. 03

Author (Read 33228 times)

Re: Bicycle Truth Garden No. 03 coming out soon
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I just picked up one deck from this ebay seller. Pretty happy with the price overall, definitely a fair deal with the free shipping

I ever bought a deck from him and think he is an experienced international seller. He uses a small envelope to ship a single deck with tracking number. The deck was wrapped with cardboard and bubble and arrived safely. (see the attached pics)

Then you got one of the last ones - the listing is now closed!

Not exactly. As you may see, the deck I bought is a ToTo and now he still has a ToTo on his auctions. I think he will list another Garden No.3 when Curl's one is sent.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:45:42 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Then you got one of the last ones - the listing is now closed!

Not exactly. As you may see, the deck I bought is a ToTo and now he still has a ToTo on his auctions. I think he will list another Garden No.3 when Curl's one is sent.

The initial listing was a "Buy It Now" for an unspecified number of these decks - it showed up as something like "10+" if I recall.  It's not impossible that he'd relist in the future, but he didn't need to at the time since he already had an ongoing listing - he could have just raised the quantity and kept on selling.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
The initial listing was a "Buy It Now" for an unspecified number of these decks - it showed up as something like "10+" if I recall.  It's not impossible that he'd relist in the future, but he didn't need to at the time since he already had an ongoing listing - he could have just raised the quantity and kept on selling.

He relisted the Garden No.3. Maybe he thinks it's the best way to send only a single deck with such a small envelope :karrit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-GARDEN-TRUTH-03-BLACK-PLAYING-CARDS-Deck-NEW-VERY-RARE-LIMITED-/111030417600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d9edb8c0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:46:45 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2013, 06:36:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

He relisted the Garden No.3. Maybe he thinks it's the best way to send only a single deck with such a small envelope :karrit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-GARDEN-TRUTH-03-BLACK-PLAYING-CARDS-Deck-NEW-VERY-RARE-LIMITED-/111030417600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d9edb8c0

I'm starting to think he cornered the market.  But again, he's a good man (or woman) for keeping the price relatively low.

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know...like me. if you ordered through the aloy website and payed with paypal you need to go back into the website account info and populate the order with the paypal info. I just checked today to see if my items had shipped and realized this. If you guys haven't received your order shipping info that may be the reason. ;)

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Be careful...I just went out to check mine, and the Aloys site said that I needed to pay,a nd gave me the Pay Now button link. Trouble is, I already paid on the night that the cards went on sale,a nd the sale that night appears as a completed item on Paypal. I've ordered from Aloys multiple times and have never had to do anything beyond the standard order form on the day of the sale. Make sure that you don't pay twice.

All of my past orders, that shipped with no problem, still indicate that they are waiting for payment.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:44:37 PM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
Be careful...I just went out to check mine, and the Aloys site said that I needed to pay,a nd gave me the Pay Now button link. Trouble is, I already paid on the night that the cards went on sale,a nd the sale that night appears as a completed item on Paypal. I've ordered from Aloys multiple times and have never had to do anything beyond the standard order form on the day of the sale. Make sure that you don't pay twice.

I was worried about this too, but thers a button that says "make paid" and it opens a window for you to populate with the paypal invoice number, etc... then the account shows as paid. :)

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know...like me. if you ordered through the aloy website and payed with paypal you need to go back into the website account info and populate the order with the paypal info. I just checked today to see if my items had shipped and realized this. If you guys haven't received your order shipping info that may be the reason. ;)

Thanks!  I would have never known to do this.

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Weird. I have never done this before, and I have ordered from them 4 times.

If you don't do this step, they must go back and search the payments manually, find the correct one for verification, and ship the order. None of my previous shipments have ever been delayed, so this is the only thing that I can guess happens.

Maybe that's just for the buyer's benefit, for their own personal reference.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:05:07 PM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

Thanks!  I would have never known to do this.

no worries. ;)

Weird. I have never done this before, and I have ordered from them 4 times.

If you don't do this step, they must go back and search the payments manually, find the correct one for verification, and ship the order. None of my previous shipments have ever been delayed, so this is the only thing that I can guess happens.

Maybe that's just for the buyer's benefit, for their own personal reference.

I know its weird. I hadn't gotten any shipping info (as i have seen some others have) so I dunno if this step is necessary or not.

« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Thinking back, I'm not sure if I have ever gotten shipping info from them. I know that I didn't with my last order for the collector's boxes. Hey, it can't hurt!

« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:20 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
 I already got my 4 decks has anybody else got there's ?

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular

I too thank you for the heads-up. I'd probably wait the next month before I realize I was supposed to go back there and somehow confirm payment. That is very unnusual when you pay through PayPal.

Aloys Studio should have made things clearer upon purchase. That was kind of lame.

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular

I was worried about this too, but thers a button that says "make paid" and it opens a window for you to populate with the paypal invoice number, etc... then the account shows as paid. :)

Just wants to THANK YOU, SC! I went and gave the transaction ID. But I don't remember what I did to made it "PAID"...
I think I did send an email to ALOYSTUDIO.com

Thanks again! :)

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2013, 01:30:09 AM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

Just wants to THANK YOU, SC! I went and gave the transaction ID. But I don't remember what I did to made it "PAID"...

I'm glad i could help.  :) I wrote them an email when i realized the situation and  just got one back saying that my shipment will go out next week. so hopefully you will all get yours soon as well.

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I didn't received them yet.
But I've received an e-mail asking to pay extra shipping fees, claiming that shipping to my country, in Europe, is more expensive than shipping to US, wich is weird because they know my adress from the start.
Did this happened to anyone else?
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 03:34:52 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Hmm, odd. How much was your original shipping quote? maybe you accidentally got charged the domestic shipping prices, instead of the international.

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2013, 12:18:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm glad i could help.  :) I wrote them an email when i realized the situation and  just got one back saying that my shipment will go out next week. so hopefully you will all get yours soon as well.

Interesting...  I created a new account, never having shopped there before, including address info.  I don't have my decks yet, but I did get notification via PayPal that my package shipped and it included the tracking number.  The package originated in Amelia, OH and by now has been accepted and sent from the sort facility in Cincinnati.  It will probably be in my mailbox around midweek.  It's entirely possible that they simply didn't get around to your shipment yet.

But I've received an e-mail asking to pay extra shipping fees, claiming that shipping to my country, in Europe, is more expensive than shipping to US, wich is weird because they know my adress from the start.

As I stated above, they're shipping out of Ohio, so yes, you probably only paid for domestic shipping.  I don't recall eBay making any distinctions about shipping options when I ordered, though for me it was a domestic order...  International shipping from the US got more expensive in the past few weeks - rate increase.

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
I got the shipment info and confirmation, and didn't have to make anything. And it's not the first time I buy there.

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Hmm, odd. How much was your original shipping quote? maybe you accidentally got charged the domestic shipping prices, instead of the international.

It was exactly that! But it is solved now! Thank you.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular

This happened to me as well.

I received an email from Jessica asking me whether they were supposed to ship to the US or to Brazil.

Funny thing is that I don't remember having had the option to select between domestic and international shipping. The checkout button sent me directly to PayPal.

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

This happened to me as well.

I received an email from Jessica asking me whether they were supposed to ship to the US or to Brazil.

Funny thing is that I don't remember having had the option to select between domestic and international shipping. The checkout button sent me directly to PayPal.

Whether the oversight was PayPal's, eBay's or Aloys', somehow the ship-option selection got left out.  It's looking like everyone paid for domestic shipping no matter where they live.

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Well, I got confirmation that my decks are going to be delivered soon. I use a mail forwarding company to make shipping a little cheaper.

Considering my package is less than 2 inches thick, I doubt that my brick is going to arrive as a brick though...
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, I got confirmation that my decks are going to be delivered soon. I use a mail forwarding company to make shipping a little cheaper.

Considering my package is less than 2 inches thick, I doubt that my brick is going to arrive as a brick though...

A one-brick order rarely ships in the brick box - it's cheaper to use an envelope.  With practice and care, you can fit an entire brick into a single Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope.

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
I use a mail forwarding company to make shipping a little cheaper.

This is relevant to my interests. Can you elaborate, please?