You are Here:
Vintage Collection

Author (Read 37314 times)

Re: Vintage Collection
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2012, 03:11:09 AM »

DidoDido

• True Member

• Facebook:
@Aaron Wowi like ur vitnam era deck :) check this out !! Sealed deck of vietnam war;; 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130666578255&nma=true&rt=nc&si=mAG1uhrsRahgdsG4nLOUlBwGoiU%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

what I can see on that list is the rider back is actually RED and ur one is BLUE. how do we know which colour is inside if the deck is sealed??
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:11:52 AM by cji1321 »

« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

what I can see on that list is the rider back is actually RED and ur one is BLUE. how do we know which colour is inside if the deck is sealed??

If it's sealed, there's no way to know.  These weren't meant for playing poker - they were meant for dropping in the battlefield and wearing in the band of a helmet.  But more than all that, they were meant as simple morale boosters for the troops.  The color of the back wasn't terribly important, and back then blue and red were the most popular.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
@Aaron Wowi like ur vitnam era deck :) check this out !! Sealed deck of vietnam war;; 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130666578255&nma=true&rt=nc&si=mAG1uhrsRahgdsG4nLOUlBwGoiU%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That one looks like it had some pretty heavy box damage, and if there is water damage on the box, who knows what the cards inside are like.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

That one looks like it had some pretty heavy box damage, and if there is water damage on the box, who knows what the cards inside are like.
Did you get yours on ebay as well, Aaron?

« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2012, 12:46:54 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Ya for $20! I don't think the seller knew what he had because he had it listed as a Desert Shield in the title, and there was very very little information in the description. I looked at the pictures and with the help of some people here, determined that it was a "Legit" one. :)
Did you get yours on ebay as well, Aaron?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
@jmrock, digipunk and others
Any new vintage added to your collections lately?

We've also got several new members joining us with some vintage decks at hands. Please share your cherished cards with us (I mean the photos...:P)!

« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »

AlessandroPangia

Close ups of the box and Ace of Spades are coming, I just got my camera back.

« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Wow... Do you know how heated I just got that I didn't see that deck... I've been looking for it for a very long time... and in sealed condition?????????  For $100????????? *&%$@#%&$(@#*&$^#&
Still don't feel better about it...

« Reply #308 on: June 03, 2012, 03:22:53 AM »

siote

Its been awhile when someone posted here. Lets keep the ball rolling, here are some that I acquire over the months.

« Reply #309 on: June 03, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Wow... Those are some gorgeous decks... The Consolidated Steamboats - Just Incredible... and the Tally Ho Tax Stamp Sealed - What an incredibly rare find... I hope you haven't grown to attached to them, because we need to talk...  ;)

« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Whaaat? No. Where've you been Digimon???

« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2012, 11:10:10 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Whaaat? No. Where've you been Digimon???
just work hard on my job >:( >:(

« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
The last parcel I received.  wow... 6 months ago :-\

« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Been little while... Figure I'd post a dream deck of mine that became a reality...
(The last pic is to show the back to some of the young guns...)

« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »

runIt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Here's mine so far: