You are Here:
The best deal you ever got on cards from a garage sale and things of the like?

Author (Read 879 times)

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Some older guy at a flee market was selling old Tally Ho's for 3 bucks a piece, all opened but in good enough condition to be bought. He ended up giving me a deal for 2 bricks for about 50 bucks. Overall AMAZING deal!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I bought a vintage Tally-Ho deck that Jmrock here on the forums wants from me. I don't remember how much I paid, but I do remember shitting myself when I won that auction (it was in flawless condition, and shall remain so now that I wrapped it in custom cellophane!)
Forum Founder.

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
You paid around $89 for it... I actually had the bid, but was not on my cpu and the machine froze at the most inopportune time...

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You paid around $89 for it... I actually had the bid, but was not on my cpu and the machine froze at the most inopportune time...

I'd really love to see your collection of sealed vintage decks. It seems you keep good tabs on them on eBay.

BTW, did you win the other auctions that guy had? I tried winning more than just the Tally-Ho but I lost the others.
Forum Founder.

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I got a sealed Multimiller Gargoyle Expo Deck for a total price of $1 on eBay. I was pretty happy about that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I got a sealed Multimiller Gargoyle Expo Deck for a total price of $1 on eBay. I was pretty happy about that.

Holy shit we have a winner
Forum Founder.

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Well that beats the Dragon Backs I got yesterday for a $1.00 at Walgreens in a discount bin, lol. Gratz!

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The best I've managed was getting Ohio Rider Backs and new Studs after the Play Rights replaced them, all at my local Walgreens.  Oh, and there's also the fruit/veg shop near my house that sells Tally Ho - they're Erlanger-made, but they're also $3 a pack, nice and cheap.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/