You are Here:

Author (Read 386 times)

« on: May 18, 2014, 12:00:52 AM »

Beanie123

• Newcomer
Hey! This is something I go into very recently due to my love of poker.

When the deck i had got a bit battered i went online to just buy a standard deck to replace it, when i saw how many different designs there were i just became obsessed. Admittedly this is quite a new thing for me but i genuinely got excited at the idea of collecting as many different decks as i could. I guess its something most people here can relate to, that I saw a deck that I liked and I got a real buzz thinking "i need to own that". I'm here really just to get an idea of what other people look for when buying different decks and to see the different reasons why other people love them so much as well.

I am just starting my collection but this is something that I am really looking forward to expanding upon and learning more about.

Are most people here magicians? Does anybody else play poker?

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:38:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey! This is something I go into very recently due to my love of poker.

When the deck i had got a bit battered i went online to just buy a standard deck to replace it, when i saw how many different designs there were i just became obsessed. Admittedly this is quite a new thing for me but i genuinely got excited at the idea of collecting as many different decks as i could. I guess its something most people here can relate to, that I saw a deck that I liked and I got a real buzz thinking "i need to own that". I'm here really just to get an idea of what other people look for when buying different decks and to see the different reasons why other people love them so much as well.

I am just starting my collection but this is something that I am really looking forward to expanding upon and learning more about.

Are most people here magicians? Does anybody else play poker?

Hey, welcome Froderick8!

There's a healthy mix of people who come here, but the one thing they all share in common is a love of and a passion for playing cards.  We're all collectors.  Sure, there's a handful of magicians, some poker players scattered here and there, some cardists (cardistry is the art form of card flourishing as a separate art from magic performance)...  We have people who love modern decks and vintage/antiques, standard and custom designs, pretty much everything under the sun having to do with cards.

I want to emphasize that you are among friends here!  Never feel too intimidated to ask a question - we were all newbies once and we get it.  You might also want to poke around on the older topics a little as well as keeping up with the new ones - there's a wealth of information in there about what's been going on in the hobby as a whole.  The search function is a little crotchety at times, but it can be a very useful tool!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
welcome aboard Beanie123  :D
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy