You are Here:
Hello All - !

Author (Read 406 times)

Hello All - !
« on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »

Almond Twist

• Newcomer
Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm super stoked to be part of this community as I think there are a lot of great attributes to it. I'm new to this side of the card world... I used to just think cards were cool looking or played well - I had no idea that there was a ton more to them than that! So many great stories.

I come from the sneaker world. I created the largest sneaker magazine in the world 11 years ago. I sold it last year but it is still being printed in the US and in China. My focus now is more in China than anywhere else as the opportunities are vast. I created the magazine from scratch... kind of like the first deck of cards I created. I didn't know anything about creating a magazine - no idea on who was a good printer / programs / photography.... But I knew it wasn't rocket science. I bought a magazine that I thought was comparable to the industry I was in. There was a great Japanese magazine and from the US I used Watch magazine. I took these into the printers and said this is the quality I wanted. Of course the first issue we made a ton of mistakes - but we learned from them and the next issue was the real deal. I assume the cards I'm working on will get better over time as well.

As for cards. I have around 100 decks. Some have been in my family for many years as we have ALWAYS played cards. From poker to rummy to euchre to kings in the corner - if there are two or more people at the table - deal them out! I'd like to take some of the things that I've learned from Jordan Brand and Nike and apply them to the card world. What does that mean? Well... with your help we are going to find out!!

Anyway - I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I look forward to learning form the masters._steve

Re: Hello All - !
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Welcome and enjoy the site!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, Steve,

It was good talking with you last night about your deck.  I'm glad to see that you're making yourself at home, and please - never be afraid to ask a question.  Everyone starts at the bottom, so we know how it feels and can give you a hand.  I'm sure you've noticed already that we're a pretty friendly bunch around here.  :))

Cheers,
Don
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:36:39 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"