You are Here:
Crazy 8 variations.

Author (Read 6409 times)

Crazy 8 variations.
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:06:38 AM »

54kPlaya

• Newcomer
  • 54KPlaya the Hatian Man aka Red Riding Hood.

• DeviantArt:
Even if crazy 8 is not my second favorite card game it is still the card game that I have played the most after poker. Why? Easy to setup from 2 players and up and easy to include brand new players after two or three games. One thing I found out a couple of years ago is that the variation of crazy 8 that most people know and play in montreal is nowhere to be found on the internet elsewhere. Our variation look like this, joker's goes on any suit next player pick 5 cards, 2's next player pick 2 cards 2 of spade pick 4 cards. Aces, you can get rid of any same suit in your hand. 10's change rotation, jack's next player skip turn and 8's is the same,you can put on any suit and change the suit. Do some of you guys play crazy 8 with a different set of rules?
My rep is so cool that it has to be under 0, now think about that!

Re: Crazy 8 variations.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 01:10:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Even if crazy 8 is not my second favorite card game it is still the card game that I have played the most after poker. Why? Easy to setup from 2 players and up and easy to include brand new players after two or three games. One thing I found out a couple of years ago is that the variation of crazy 8 that most people know and play in montreal is nowhere to be found on the internet elsewhere. Our variation look like this, joker's goes on any suit next player pick 5 cards, 2's next player pick 2 cards 2 of spade pick 4 cards. Aces, you can get rid of any same suit in your hand. 10's change rotation, jack's next player skip turn and 8's is the same,you can put on any suit and change the suit. Do some of you guys play crazy 8 with a different set of rules?

There are likely dozens if not hundreds of similar house rules for a game like Crazy 8s.  Yours sounds like it borrows heavily from the specialty card game Uno - almost as if someone wanted to play Uno but didn?t have an Uno deck lying around, just a standard pack with the jokers still intact!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/