You are Here:
Bicycle Jaded Moon Deck

Author (Read 14014 times)

Re: Bicycle Jaded Moon Deck
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I highly doubt these cards will be produced...I don't really like them either way.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
How can you not like this deck, to me, it has the same theme going of as the Vortex deck, that's why it's so awesome. It's mysterious, edgy, and just flat out breathtaking.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 01:37:17 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I think that the comparison to the Vortex deck is a failed one. It is just not my style. There is too much going on with the tuck box, there is no flow to it. The cards don't carry a theme beyond neon colors, and the colors do not flow well together. The only card I like of the bunch is the "jocker"...overall, not my cup of Irish Coffee is all 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:28 AM »

Lightang3l

• Newcomer
Hello everyone, I'm Lightang3l from DeviantArt.

I just stumbled upon this forum by accident. I read through the posts and I want to answer a few questions about the decks.

1. The tuck box nobody seems to like... I did not make that! Someone else from DA made the box when he contacted me to produce the decks and wanted to show me how the box will look.

2. The "Jocker". That was a mistake on my part... It got pointed out really fast but since the image was already uploaded I did not bother to change it...

3. The cards are remade right now. All the face cards have been changed and are now a lot cleaner and have defined edges produced from a vectorized template.

4. The ace of hearts has been remade (keeping it original design) with a chained heart core, which I kind of like, if i do say so myself.

5. Probably what most people are asking.... YES. They will be produced. I'm speaking with someone about that at the moment. If all goes well he will make these happen and there will be a website where these can be obtained.

Expect the revamped Jaded Moon deck to be the first to come out. Fingers crossed! :D

Sorry for the late replay... just found the site... Feel free to ask any questions you might have...

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 06:11:57 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Guys, you gotta be kidding... Right...?
Most of this looks like it was but together by some kid who just discovered photoshop. Most of the "art" is actually brushes that were very likely made by someone else, and then there's some basic effects added in layer style. The pips and courts are extremely pixelated and show an obvious lack of experience and/or actual work on them, and... Hey, the image on the back was cut in the top/bottom and left that way.
That's some basic amateur work, really. :-\
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »

Lightang3l

• Newcomer
Guys, you gotta be kidding... Right...?
Most of this looks like it was but together by some kid who just discovered photoshop. Most of the "art" is actually brushes that were very likely made by someone else, and then there's some basic effects added in layer style. The pips and courts are extremely pixelated and show an obvious lack of experience and/or actual work on them, and... Hey, the image on the back was cut in the top/bottom and left that way.
That's some basic amateur work, really. :-\

Moon, I'm not a kid, and i did not use Photoshop. There are no brushes used in the design. Of course they are pixelated... they are 3 times the size of actual playing cards...if not more... All the court cards have been redone (read my above post) and are no longer pixelated and  are much cleaner. The backs are no longer cut off and will most likely look totally different from what you see.

Keep in mind that they where made just for fun and they where just a concept. Still... they where well received at Ellusionist.

Thanks for the feedback!

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Nice new concept but then again, is it even possible to print that many colours within a single small card to produce that deck, just wondering.. would love to get one just for collecting sake
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It will be printed by the USPCC right? If so, make sure to use a thick stock because all that ink is going to cause the deck to break down fast.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The pip layout is very similar to a promotional deck made by USPC for Blade men's toiletries.  If you can find images of that deck somewhere, compare and tell me what you think.

Here's an image of the gift set they came in:
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n128/roseyg856/?action=view&current=bladegiftpack.jpg&newest=1

Here's a site that's still selling the gift set, and cheaply, I might add - or did have, until I bought it!:
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Mens-Blade-Shower-Gel-Body-Wash-And-Body-Spray-Bonus-Cards/36497088

This site still has one left:
http://www.addoway.com/viewad/Mens-Blade-Shower-Gel-Body-Wash-And-Body-Spray-Bonus-Cards-1311019#utm_campaign=feed&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google

On an related topic, I found this deck on sale through Amazon by an artist named Michael Godard - the "glow" effect is very similar to Jaded Moon:
http://janet-kaiser.amazonwebstore.com/Michael-Godard-Playing-Cards/M/B001NCXV1O.htm
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
All the court cards have been redone (read my above post) and are no longer pixelated and  are much cleaner. The backs are no longer cut off and will most likely look totally different from what you see.

Any way we could see those "redone" cards?
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
One of the reasons why this deck seems to appeal to me is the pip layout.
While I enjoy revamped court cards, totally redesigned pips and pip layouts are not as common, and I find them a lot more enticing. That was part of the reason why the Vortex deck really jumped out at me.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
They look pretty crazy! Not like any other Bicycle deck I've seen. NICE!  :D
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I wasn't a big fan of the first batch of pictures. I can see the potential in the deck, but it still needs a lot of work. I'd love to see some of the newer versions of the cards.

Remember there's no rush! The more time and effort you put in the better the outcome will be  :)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
very nice design

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »

Lightang3l

• Newcomer
Any way we could see those "redone" cards?

Not yet... sorry.

I wasn't a big fan of the first batch of pictures. I can see the potential in the deck, but it still needs a lot of work. I'd love to see some of the newer versions of the cards. Remember there's no rush! The more time and effort you put in the better the outcome will be  :)

Sadly I have other projects going on right now... I have redesigned all 4 aces, all face cards, and aligned everything that was misaligned, but there is only so much I can do right now... but if I get a green light for producing them be sure they will get top priority.

They look pretty crazy! Not like any other Bicycle deck I've seen. NICE!  :D
very nice design

Glad you like them!

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
I want pics of the redesigned cards!  :D
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There's a lot of neat ideas in there, but it's very disjointed. The style across cards is almost random, very little cohesion if you look at the deck as a whole. There's also a lot of details that need refinement to really make it work. Lots of potential and the pip layout in particular is intriguing. Just my opinion, of course...
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I think the layout of the pips is really cool, but there needs to still be work done on these cards before they should be released to the community.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 06:05:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Wow, here's an old topic that's worth reviving.  Guess what I got tagged in?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3868972263065&set=a.3080482671318.98966.1841357118&type=1&comment_id=2011170&offset=0&total_comments=40

I'm adding this to the 2013 releases.  Iwan actually posted this in March.  Limited to 1,500 cards made available for sale - the run is probably a bit larger and he or someone is keeping a private reserve.  It's actually a cool-looking black deck.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:08:20 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Noticed this deck over a year  :D hope it come out soon. If they made it with UV500 then will be the best :))

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Noticed this deck over a year  :D hope it come out soon. If they made it with UV500 then will be the best :))

It came out in about five months ago.
The creator is Malaysian, so I'm thinking much of them ended up there.
No one uses UV500 any more - USPC doesn't offer it now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:00:38 AM by Don Boyer »