Re: Testimonials About Trading Partners - UPDATED CHART 05 Sept 2012
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Atheosile

got my decks 5 magic con v2 2 white monarchs and 1 absolute vodka the box had a dint in the side but it was nice and big and the decks was bubble wrapped individually really well all of them was perfect apart from the absolute vodka deck had a bashed in corner probably due to the post but mike wrapped them really well and did everything he could to prevent them being damaged plus 1+ up for  Atheosile looking foward to trading with him again ^^

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I love the new layout. It's this kind of stuff that really kills any scamming that takes place.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2012, 12:56:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I love the new layout. It's this kind of stuff that really kills any scamming that takes place.

Thanks, Alex!

For those who haven't yet noticed, not only is the chart in the first post updated, but it's also been redesigned.  Now there are separate listings for unique positives/negatives and total positives/negatives, in addition to having the names of the people who left you testimonials listed with your name, in order to provide you better information about trading partners.  I'm also considering a "last X months" feature to appear as a separate chart - do you folks like this idea?  If so, what time span should I consider - 3 months, 6, 12, 144, X?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:57:24 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »

amateur101

CURT

My first trade ever on the forums and he made it a breeze. Guided me through everything and helped me out when I needed it. Very fair trade and package came in perfect shape and he even threw in a free deck. My first trading experience and he made it the best it could possibly be. +1 for Curt

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2012, 07:19:32 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
+1 for amateur101.

Great communication. Glad I could help you through your first trade process.

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Updating chart now...

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2012, 04:03:14 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
This is to report a scam happened to me lately.
The person scammed me was Robert Butler. yes the creator of pip squeek and Conjuring Creations.
you can find his facebook here "https://www.facebook.com/robert.butler.58/"

It was a big amount but I did recover from paypal. No thanks to him. total scammer and a liar.

Warning to everyone! Do not do business with him. it's a total waste of time and money. He is not the type that would fix his own mistake.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:04:39 AM by chisairi »

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2012, 04:05:59 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
The person scammed me was Robert Butler. yes the creator of pip squeek and Conjuring Creations.

It was a big amount but I did recover from paypal. No thanks to him. total scammer and a liar.

Warning to everyone! Do not do business with him. it's a total waste of time and money. He is not the type that would fix his own mistake.

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2012, 06:52:05 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Sorry to go against you on this Rich but I have some information here from Rob as well as Josh Kuperstein.

These are STRAIGHT FROM THE MESSAGES I WAS SENT BY BOTH!

Rob: "most of what you see on the stock market is true
josh kuperstien is a witness to my innocence
ask him
I sent it to the wrong person by accident and the guy cut off contact with me and never sent it back
I was out 300
and the decks"

Rob: "I never though it would play out like this so in the end I closed my paypal and let rich make a claim so paypal would refund him
its all I could do"

Josh: "Rich is spreading the "details" of an incomplete story to make Rob look bad
Rob is not a scammer
He accidentally sent the decks in question to the wrong address, and the person he sent them to refuses to send them back
So Rob lost the decks
And didn't have the money to refund Rich"

Josh: "So Rich is claiming its a scam
He gave me a name, it didn't sound familiar to me" "Michael Hui"

This is all the information I have received.

Please look over this carefully and decide which ever way you want to go.
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
I don't understand the part about closing his Paypal and letting Rich make a claim to get refunded. If the account's closed where is the money for the refund supposed to come from?

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular

He gave me a name, it didn't sound familiar to me" "Michael Hui"

who is michael hui?

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
In partial defense of Robert, I'm sure he isn't intentionally spamming anyone. I've had issues with doing business with him for products in the $1000s. I don't think he's an evil grinch trying to steal people's money, he's just a guy who is trying to do some work in a subject he enjoys. However, the issue is his severe lack of business experience and knowledge. Anyone in business knows NEVER spend your customer's finances until you know their product is received in whole. Unfortunately for Robert, and his customers, he seems to let the funds slip through his figures before his commitments are fulfilled. Thus making refunds problematic. He's a nice guy, I just believe he is not well informed with business matters.
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Sorry but you cannot close your PayPal and then have a claim opened against you. PayPal will take that money from you. When you close your account you don't get a get out of jail free card.

Either Rob scammed Chisairi, or he is attempting to scam PayPal.

Now he has an explanation of sending the decks to the wrong person. Honest mistake, and the person that kept them is a sad excuse for a human being. So I don't think he was scamming the buyer here. However, I don't understand the whole file a claim with PayPal bit. PayPal will still take their money from him. Why not avoid the hassle, and possible fraud charges, by refunding it yourself?

If I added together the amount of money scammed from me by scummy buyers via KS, it would also be in the hundreds. It blows. However, closing my KS and Amazon accounts would have caused way more problems.

Now, I have had personal issues with Rob before, but in this post you'll see me defending him as someone who won't scam you. Not on purpose anyway.

This has to be at least the third scam report from him though, and each time it's along the lines of him letting the buyer file a PayPal claim. It seems like it's just a negative trading experience is all. I recommend filing all negative or positive experiences in the designated thread here in STISOs. That includes scams, or just less than satisfactory reviews.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't know anything about this but it seems that Rob has either deleted his facebook or blocked me for no reason.

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Hmm.. I can still view his Facebook profile. I don't think Rob would ever scam anyone on purpose.

« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I just want to clarify that I am not taking Rob's "side" in the matter, just that what he has told me leads me to believe that it is not a scam but rather a very unfortunate series of circumstances. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. It's a terrible situation.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
well guys I have a little story I have been waiting to post for awile about rob but have been holding off, but this ends it I wrote this a couple weeks ago but here it is:

Hey guys,

This isn’t a thread I wanted to make but it has to be done.
On May 28th 2012 I ordered 5 decks from Robert Butler, he said they would ship by the Friday of that week. But now almost 3 months later he is yet to ship me anything. I have offered to pay extra for shipping and everything but he has not shipped anything. I am furious by this point.
DO NOT DEAL WITH ROBERT BUTLER, he played me the whole way along saying “Ill ship it this week” but never did. I was away for the last week and told him that is when I got home (today) If I did not have a message saying my stuff shipped then I would go public with it.

I want to warn you honest people of this scammer and do not suggest you deal with his company Pip Squeek or any of his several other projects that never seem to be completed.
The five decks I bought were (1)  Magic-Con V2, 1 Pheonix apocalypse, (1) Vintage Plaid, and 2 other deck I cant even remember now, because conveniently he has deleted the pictue.
Here is the entire convo from start to finish (I cut out convos about other things we had:

•   Aaron Wales
o   Hey have you sold those 5 decks?
•   
May 28
Robert Butler
o   No
o   You interested
•   
May 28
Aaron Wales
o   Possibly
o   I'll get back to you in a bit. If they sell before then whatever. It will be a little later tonite
•   
May 28
Aaron Wales
o   if you still have the deck I'll take them
•   
May 29
Robert Butler
o   Ok, just let me know when your back online
o   Send the money to Brandon_Beckman@hotmail.com
•   
May 29
Aaron Wales
o   Ok I will send it ASAP, but I am heading to school right now but I'll try to get it out on my phone. If I can't I'll send it tonite. Thanks
•   
May 29
Robert Butler
o   
•   
May 29
Aaron Wales
o   Ok I sent it
•   
May 30
Aaron Wales
o   Did you get the money?
•   
May 30
Robert Butler
o   Yes I got it. Thanks. Give me until friday and i'll ship it out
•   
May 30
Aaron Wales
o   Ok, my adress is

Aaron wales
RR#1 St.Main
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2Z8
Canada

Aaron Wales
•   hey rob, I was just wondering if you have shipped those decks yet

*Never got a reply*

June 6th
Aaron Wales
•   hey rob I am wandering if you have shipped the decks I bought yet? You said they would be out by last friday so I am just wondering.

*No Reply*
June 15th
Robert Butler
•   Have had major delays but I'm shipping your decks out tomorrow! You can hold me to that!

Aaron Wales
•   Ok thanks

June 29th (At this point I had figured my decks were shipped)
Robert Butler
•   Hey, I'm so sorry for the major delay, I have had money problems because you paid on an paypal that I no longer have access to. I get paid for the grid card clips in a week and I'll send you your cards plus and extra treat for having to wait so long.

Aaron Wales
•   ok thats no problem rob, everyone has problems in life dont worry about it. If you want I can pay you for part of shipping

Robert Butler
•   No bro, thats totally unfair to you. I'll take care of it.

Aaron Wales
•   ok
•   but honestly I would be happy to chip in a few bucks
Robert Butler
•   I know but its ok

July 20th
•   Aaron Wales
o   Hi Rod I was wondering if my decks have shipped yet?
•   
July 20
Robert Butler
o   shipping tomorrow
o   i'll send you tracking
•   
July 20
Aaron Wales
o   Ok

July 23rd
Robert Butler
•   Cant find your address and i'm headed out to ship... I'll have to ship yours tomorrow. Post it for me.

Aaron Wales
•   Aaron wales
RR#1 st.main
Canada

Robert Butler
•   I'm already out but I'll send tomorrow
Aaron Wales
•   Alright

I again figured that they had shipped but not it is the 4th of August

Aaron Wales
•   Hey Rob

Robert Butler
•   hey
•   I am going to send your goodies tomorrow
•   correction
•   its tomorrow is sunday
•   lol
•   monday
•   I've injured my foot bad and i've not been able to walk all seek
•   week

We then had a different convo

August 8th
Aaron Wales
•   Hey Rob I need to know if you have shipped my decks yet?

No Reply

August 9th
Aaron Wales
•   not sure if you got the last message so I am sending it again. I need to know if my decks have shipped and if they havnt when they will.

Later on the 9th

Aaron Wales
•   Alright you must have seen one of these now, I have been waiting since May 30th for my stuff to ship! I just want an answer, you hate on the vortexes because of slow shipping! What about this, it is one parcel I have even offered to pay. I just want my stuff shipped.

Robert Butler
•   Ok I got it bro. I am taking care of it. I've been of so dont assume i've seen it. I'll address your comment about vortex after I have.

Aaron Wales
•   Ok it has just been a little too long waiting for this

Robert Butler
•   Yes It really has I agree
•   I'll be sure to send you a gift for the issues and I'm sorry. Please dont bring up aether when comparing. I hate that place and it just puts a splinter under my nail.
•   no offence
Aaron Wales
•   I wont give you bad pr on aether or anything for this as long as it is shipped soon

Thanks

Robert Butler
•   Tomorrow is the day that I will send your decks and some extra goodies for your patients. Hold me to that or you can kick my ass ;(
Aaron Wales
•   Alright
Robert Butler
•   family issues insue the reasons that follow for not shipping
•   I just dont tell you about them

Aaron Wales
•   Ok I defiantly can sympathize for family issues, crap happens in life that can't be avoided. I just have been waiting awhile
•   I have to go right now though

August 15th
Aaron Wales
•   Hi Rob have my decks shipped?
No Reply
August 16th
Aaron Wales
•   ok I know you might not have seen that yet but I need to know when these will ship, I will not be around from saturday until Friday of next week, so if my decks have not shipped by then I am going to be forced to go public with this situation, you said a week ago they would ship and I never heard from you.

So if my decks have not shipped by Friday the 24th or I will go public anywhere I can with this situation.

Aaron Wales
•   so here it will be, if I dont have either a message here, or an E-Mail (flames_rule_@hotmail.com) saying my decks shipped when I get home Friday night (Around 5PM MDT) I will go public with it
Robert Butler
•   ok   I got you covered bro

Today

Aaron Wales
•   I am just home now and I said I wanted a message and there is none, so I am giving you 3 hours from when this is sent I dont care if you see it or not, to send me a tracking number or I will go public. 9:18 MDT is the time.

And here we are

So I don’t recommend dealing with rob at all. It is too late for me to open a paypal claime for the $40 I spent but you guys can protect your selves from this.

This is the last thing I wanted to do but I was forced to.

Thanks for reading,
Aaron

(thats the end)

So guys, is he really not a scammer?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:30:53 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

If you would, please, give the details of your transaction.  I'm sure we'd like to hear the details before I give anyone a negative mark as a trading partner.

My experience with Mr.Robert Butler
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2012, 12:20:09 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
(I posted this as a reply to another thread but wanted to get the word out to more people so made my own thread, its for the greater good)

well guys I have a little story I have been waiting to post for awile about rob but have been holding off, but this ends it I wrote this a couple weeks ago but here it is:

Hey guys,

This isn’t a thread I wanted to make but it has to be done.
On May 28th 2012 I ordered 5 decks from Robert Butler, he said they would ship by the Friday of that week. But now almost 3 months later he is yet to ship me anything. I have offered to pay extra for shipping and everything but he has not shipped anything. I am furious by this point.
DO NOT DEAL WITH ROBERT BUTLER, he played me the whole way along saying “Ill ship it this week” but never did. I was away for the last week and told him that is when I got home (today) If I did not have a message saying my stuff shipped then I would go public with it.

I want to warn you honest people of this scammer and do not suggest you deal with his company Pip Squeek or any of his several other projects that never seem to be completed.
The five decks I bought were (1)  Magic-Con V2, 1 Pheonix apocalypse, (1) Vintage Plaid, and 2 other deck I cant even remember now, because conveniently he has deleted the pictue.
Here is the entire convo from start to finish (I cut out convos about other things we had:

•   Aaron Wales
o   Hey have you sold those 5 decks?
•   
May 28
Robert Butler
o   No
o   You interested
•   
May 28
Aaron Wales
o   Possibly
o   I'll get back to you in a bit. If they sell before then whatever. It will be a little later tonite
•   
May 28
Aaron Wales
o   if you still have the deck I'll take them
•   
May 29
Robert Butler
o   Ok, just let me know when your back online
o   Send the money to Brandon_Beckman@hotmail.com
•   
May 29
Aaron Wales
o   Ok I will send it ASAP, but I am heading to school right now but I'll try to get it out on my phone. If I can't I'll send it tonite. Thanks
•   
May 29
Robert Butler
o   
•   
May 29
Aaron Wales
o   Ok I sent it
•   
May 30
Aaron Wales
o   Did you get the money?
•   
May 30
Robert Butler
o   Yes I got it. Thanks. Give me until friday and i'll ship it out
•   
May 30
Aaron Wales
o   Ok, my adress is

Aaron wales
RR#1 St.Main
Canada

Aaron Wales
•   hey rob, I was just wondering if you have shipped those decks yet

*Never got a reply*

June 6th
Aaron Wales
•   hey rob I am wandering if you have shipped the decks I bought yet? You said they would be out by last friday so I am just wondering.

*No Reply*
June 15th
Robert Butler
•   Have had major delays but I'm shipping your decks out tomorrow! You can hold me to that!

Aaron Wales
•   Ok thanks

June 29th (At this point I had figured my decks were shipped)
Robert Butler
•   Hey, I'm so sorry for the major delay, I have had money problems because you paid on an paypal that I no longer have access to. I get paid for the grid card clips in a week and I'll send you your cards plus and extra treat for having to wait so long.

Aaron Wales
•   ok thats no problem rob, everyone has problems in life dont worry about it. If you want I can pay you for part of shipping

Robert Butler
•   No bro, thats totally unfair to you. I'll take care of it.

Aaron Wales
•   ok
•   but honestly I would be happy to chip in a few bucks
Robert Butler
•   I know but its ok

July 20th
•   Aaron Wales
o   Hi Rod I was wondering if my decks have shipped yet?
•   
July 20
Robert Butler
o   shipping tomorrow
o   i'll send you tracking
•   
July 20
Aaron Wales
o   Ok

July 23rd
Robert Butler
•   Cant find your address and i'm headed out to ship... I'll have to ship yours tomorrow. Post it for me.

Aaron Wales
•   Aaron wales
RR#1 st.main
Canada

Robert Butler
•   I'm already out but I'll send tomorrow
Aaron Wales
•   Alright

I again figured that they had shipped but not it is the 4th of August

Aaron Wales
•   Hey Rob

Robert Butler
•   hey
•   I am going to send your goodies tomorrow
•   correction
•   its tomorrow is sunday
•   lol
•   monday
•   I've injured my foot bad and i've not been able to walk all seek
•   week

We then had a different convo

August 8th
Aaron Wales
•   Hey Rob I need to know if you have shipped my decks yet?

No Reply

August 9th
Aaron Wales
•   not sure if you got the last message so I am sending it again. I need to know if my decks have shipped and if they havnt when they will.

Later on the 9th

Aaron Wales
•   Alright you must have seen one of these now, I have been waiting since May 30th for my stuff to ship! I just want an answer, you hate on the vortexes because of slow shipping! What about this, it is one parcel I have even offered to pay. I just want my stuff shipped.

Robert Butler
•   Ok I got it bro. I am taking care of it. I've been of so dont assume i've seen it. I'll address your comment about vortex after I have.

Aaron Wales
•   Ok it has just been a little too long waiting for this

Robert Butler
•   Yes It really has I agree
•   I'll be sure to send you a gift for the issues and I'm sorry. Please dont bring up aether when comparing. I hate that place and it just puts a splinter under my nail.
•   no offence
Aaron Wales
•   I wont give you bad pr on aether or anything for this as long as it is shipped soon

Thanks

Robert Butler
•   Tomorrow is the day that I will send your decks and some extra goodies for your patients. Hold me to that or you can kick my ass ;(
Aaron Wales
•   Alright
Robert Butler
•   family issues insue the reasons that follow for not shipping
•   I just dont tell you about them

Aaron Wales
•   Ok I defiantly can sympathize for family issues, crap happens in life that can't be avoided. I just have been waiting awhile
•   I have to go right now though

August 15th
Aaron Wales
•   Hi Rob have my decks shipped?
No Reply
August 16th
Aaron Wales
•   ok I know you might not have seen that yet but I need to know when these will ship, I will not be around from saturday until Friday of next week, so if my decks have not shipped by then I am going to be forced to go public with this situation, you said a week ago they would ship and I never heard from you.

So if my decks have not shipped by Friday the 24th or I will go public anywhere I can with this situation.

Aaron Wales
•   so here it will be, if I dont have either a message here, or an E-Mail (flames_rule_@hotmail.com) saying my decks shipped when I get home Friday night (Around 5PM MDT) I will go public with it
Robert Butler
•   ok   I got you covered bro

Today

Aaron Wales
•   I am just home now and I said I wanted a message and there is none, so I am giving you 3 hours from when this is sent I dont care if you see it or not, to send me a tracking number or I will go public. 9:18 MDT is the time.

And here we are

So I don’t recommend dealing with rob at all. It is too late for me to open a paypal claime for the $40 I spent but you guys can protect your selves from this.

This is the last thing I wanted to do but I was forced to.

Thanks for reading,
Aaron

(thats the end)

So guys, is he really not a scammer?

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: My experience with Mr.Robert Butler
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2012, 12:40:58 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
And yet another problem with Rob comes to light. Ouch.....not good. Hopefully you get a resolution sometime soon, Aaron. I wouldn't suggest further dealings with Rob, obviously.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2012, 12:43:15 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
And yet another problem with Rob comes to light. Ouch.....not good. Hopefully you get a resolution sometime soon, Aaron. I wouldn't suggest further dealings with Rob, obviously.
I am kinda at the point where I waited too long and will never get a resolution, all I can do is warn people of him.

« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:07 AM »

nimblewitted

Personally, I'd file a complaint with PayPal. He says that account is no longer there, but that's just his word. If it is still available (or pending some review) this will force his hand. It may even get you a refund (which is better than nothing).

« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Personally, I'd file a complaint with PayPal. He says that account is no longer there, but that's just his word. If it is still available (or pending some review) this will force his hand. It may even get you a refund (which is better than nothing).
After 45 days you can't file a claim with paypal I emailed them even and they pretty much told me I was out of luck.

« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:24 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
This is the guy that got on me about my shipping problems? The dude has one package to send, I have hundreds.

I can't believe people still do business with him. As far as going public goes, he has his little fan club that will never abandon him. Also, you sent money to a PayPal account that is not his. It's his friend's account, and that account is still open. The account he allegedly closed was his own.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

If you would, please, give the details of your transaction.  I'm sure we'd like to hear the details before I give anyone a negative mark as a trading partner.

It seems he has been on a roll lately. Check out the thread in PCP.
Forum Founder.