You are Here:
The New Deck Report and Archive

Author (Read 124952 times)

Re: The New Deck Report - Updated FREQUENTLY (approx 6-8 times/week)
« Reply #450 on: November 04, 2012, 12:53:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Heyo, I'm one of the two people behind the Póstumo deck. I wanted to clarify that our original goal did not initially involve us printing with the USPC. While we had it available as an option, we first and foremost just wanted to make this deck of cards a reality.
Once we cracked the $10,000 mark, we had enough money for at least a minimum run on Bicycle-grade paper. Right now we're looking to hit $20,000 to afford two deck backs (plus the composite chips and Chessex dice costs).
And seriously, what the heck is up with the tchotchke obsession? We're trying to keep our rewards limited to the deck and things you'd actually use with the deck (although there is one reward level with a T-shirt on it).

Chessex - there's a name I haven't heard in a while...  I'm an old-school gamer.

Glad you popped in to clarify that.  You might want to get in on the conversation at the topic for your deck.
http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/postumo-the-deck-of-the-dead-(ks)/

As far as the doodads and whatchamacallits, well - to me, even dice seems a little overboard.  OK, they look cool, but how many dice would be enough?  If every deck you invest in is giving out dice, you'd be able to build a dice fort in no time!  Poker chips are cool, but often end up prohibitively expensive for us mere mortals.

In other news...

Release date: Moth/Myth White coming out Sunday of next week, 11 November.

New deck forthcoming: K3 Studio is back at the Transducer series with the Oriduru deck.  This title will probably get a translation to English eventually.  Best guess, courtesy of Google Translate, is that it means crane.

The Karnival Z-Ray deck had its release party in the UK Saturday night, though it's not yet on their website.  I'm removing it from the list - it might be hard to find, but it is indeed out there, somewhere.  (I dropped an email to Owen at BBM to ask about this deck, Earthtone9 and Suicide Kings.  I'll let you know the result once there is one.)

On Kickstarter:

Bohemia breached the 400% mark - and it ends tomorrow in the late morning in most of the US and Canada.  Last chance to snag that sweet new color.

Don't forget, folks in the US/Canada - Daylight Saving Time ends in about 45 minutes from now.  Clocks go back an hour at 2:00am, adding an extra hour in time difference between your zone and UTC/GMT.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:45:18 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Added two new KS projects, AKIVA Art Project and Roman Poker Playing Cards.

Added new feature to the KS chart - running totals for the past seven reports (once I've been doing it for that long) as well as the current total, so you can see what progress the project made in the past week on a report-by-report basis.

Bicycle Black Tie is in danger of not getting made.  Seems that the huge boost in last-minute funding was by a person who "accidentally" backed them by enough to put them over the top.  Remove that pledge and the total is short of the goal.  I posted Stay Classy's update in the deck's topic.

A quick rundown of the current KS projects and my predictions:

AKIVA - anyone's guess.  It has a low goal and a high price tag, but it's an art deck, which may actually work in its favor.

Allure - going strong.  Likely to succeed, especially if it keeps up this pace.

Apocalyptica - not as strong as Allure, but strong enough to succeed and closer to its goal.

Bohemia - broke 400% funding as predicted.  ENDS TODAY.

Compass Deck - zero change in funds for several days.  Dead in the water.

Creature Cards - it was going well earlier, but seems to have plateaued at 60%.  There's still time but without a jump start, this project's going nowhere.

Durak - slow mover.  Gained roughly $100 in three days.  At that pace, it will fail.

Heraldry - just like Compass, unchanged for days and dead in the water.

Postumo - it was well overfunded in the first place, but it's still going very well.  I discovered it was the overfunding that allowed them to make it a USPC deck rather than a no-name deck.

Roman Poker - too early to tell, new project.  I'm not holding my breath, based on the design.

Urban Punk - another slow mover like Durak, and destined to a similar fate if it doesn't pick up.

Valor - same position as Compass and Heraldry, no progress and too far from its goal.  If it could get any momentum at all, its low goal would give it a shot at success.

And that's KS in a nutshell...

« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Congratulations to Uusi for a very successfully completed project for the Bohemia deck.  I seem to recall predicting that it would break 400%...I must be psychic or something...  :))

(Yes, I am a legend in my own mind!)

« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Adding a new deck to the list: Black version of Carpathia due out later this week.  It's listed as Saturday at one in the morning, but when converting to US/Canada time zones, it's coming Friday night, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific.

On KS, Apocalyptica Chromatics crossed the threshold into overfunding territory - congratulations to Karak!

Also on KS, a new entry: Bicycle Amazing Adventures, yet another steampunk deck...  Let's see, so we had Actuators Artist Edition, Actuators Black Edition, Actuators White Edition, Reagan's Steampunk, Theory 11/USPC's Steam Punk in brass, copper and silver, Dark Deco, Bicycle War of Currents, Bent Castle's Deck of the Extraordinary Adventures in red and blue, the yanked KS project Bicycle Steampunk Heroes (the one with the modded Lego characters)...

...perhaps THIRTEEN is the charm?  Yikes...

But I will say that what I've seen of the art so far is actually pretty cool, though technically more "gearpunk" than "steampunk" - and what's with the Art Deco lettering?

Re: The New Deck Report - UPDATED 6-8x/week
« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
New KS project: Glaives Playing Cards.  A first for KS - this project is based in Scotland and is raising funds in pounds sterling.

EDIT:

KS Calendar - what projects are ending soon...

Between now and Saturday 10 Nov:
none

Between Sun 11 Nov - Sat 17 Nov:
FRI: AKIVA Art Project
SAT: Bicycle Heraldry

Between Sun 18 Nov - Sat 24 Nov:
THU: Bicycle Creature
(Remember, Thursday is Thanksgiving [U.S.], Friday is BLACK Friday)

Between Sun 25 Nov - Sat 1 Dec:
SUN: Compass
MON: Valor
(Remember, Monday is CYBER Monday)
THU: Póstumo, Durak
FRI: Urban Punk (w/Rule Rebel deck)
SAT: Apocalyptica Chromatics

Between Sun 2 Dec - Sat 8 Dec:
SUN: Roman
WED: Bicycle Amazing Adventures
FRI: Glaives
SAT: Allure
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:14:51 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #455 on: November 09, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
BIG KS NEWS: Bicycle Black Tie has run into a serious problem.  Due to a backer error, they lost about $2,000 in funding, without which the project is a no-go.  They're launching a "stop-gap" KS project to offer additional decks for sale in the hopes of making up the difference, with a 10-day duration.  If you missed out on this deck the first time around and want a second crack at it, this is your chance.  The project hasn't gone live yet - when it does, I'll have it posted here.

I have a question for my readers - please reply here.

Do you prefer seeing the active Kickstarter projects listed in alphabetical order, or in order of closing date?

EDIT:  Update - Carpathia Deck in black has now been on sale for an hour, but since there was only 144 of them they're probably sold out by now.  Oh, and the 8 uncuts, too.  But for a deck in such short supply, why was he allowing people to buy in brick multiples?  Madness.  :))

We have a release date on the BeDeceived Confidence Deck - Tue 20 Nov 2012; no time as of yet.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:03:48 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #456 on: November 10, 2012, 01:38:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Late information: there's a new deck coming from David Blaine and Bill Kalush (director of CARC), unlike any other deck either person has released to date - and not the least because it's not a USPC-made deck!  It's due in late January 2013 and there's a topic on it here.  The deck's title is suspected to be "Legends" based on what I've seen of the photos Evan graciously provided, but that hasn't been confirmed by any source as of yet.

I'm adding it to the release list.

« Reply #457 on: November 10, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I've been informed that the Moth/Myth White deck and Black/White Collection set are on sale a little early, as in NOW, but the website selling them is in Chinese and might not be shipping outside of Taiwan...

Well, technically it isn't early.  It's Sunday in Taiwan now, right?

BeDecevied Confidence comes out on 20 Nov, as you know - but we now have a time: 4PM Eastern, 1PM Pacific, 21:00 UTC.

EDIT: Congratulations to Noel Quiles and TPX Designs for their second successful deck project - Bicycle Allure Playing Cards reached its goal in the last few hours, with 26 days remaining.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:25:07 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
OK, a quick look at Kickstarter projects - first the active ones, in order of closing date.

Between Sun 11 Nov - Sat 17 Nov:

FRI: AKIVA Art Project - totally flatlined at a low funding level; a lost cause.

SAT: Bicycle Heraldry - got midway to the goal, but now is LOSING funds for the second straight day.  Another lost cause.

Between Sun 18 Nov - Sat 24 Nov:

THU: Bicycle Creature - moving very slowly.  I'd guess it has about a one-in-three chance of reaching its goal in time.

Between Sun 25 Nov - Sat 1 Dec:

SUN: Compass - hasn't earned anything in maybe two weeks or more.  Odds of success are very low.

MON: Valor - zero growth in the last four days.  This project has exactly two things in its favor, a low goal and time.  But the project itself is unchanged from when it was first offered and it's generating no interest in the card community.  I give it maybe a one-in-five chance or less.

THU: Póstumo - gained over fifty percent in the past week, already over 2,400% funded due to a miniscule goal.  Could end around $45,000, +/-$5,000, if the pace continues.

THU: Durak - same as the Creature Cards; slow mover, about 3:1 odds.

FRI: Urban Punk (w/Rule Rebel deck) - between gains and losses has lost ground this week, has a very high goal.  My guess at odds would be 20:1.

SAT: Apocalyptica Chromatics - nearly fifty percent over its goal now, on pace to close with between $32,000 and $40,000.

Between Sun 2 Dec - Sat 8 Dec:

SUN: Roman - a longshot.  Has a low goal, but also zero growth this week and barely off the starting line as far as reaching that goal.

WED: Bicycle Amazing Adventures - earned two-thirds of its goal in the first six days.  It will succeed, probably in the $25,000-$30,000 range if not more.

FRI: Glaives - a wild card.  No a US-based project, funds being raised in GBP.  Slow growth but has time and a low goal.  But if it moves at this pace from start to finish, it will only hit maybe 50% of its goal before the close.  Another long shot, but can't be ruled out.

SAT: Allure - reached its goal two days ago and is on track to close at $35,000, +/-$5,000.

Now, a quick perusal of the successfully closed KS projects, where I can get the updates - I have access to some but not all of them.  In order of close date.

05 July - Ultraviolet: cards are printed and in hand, will ship very soon.

16 July - Bicycle War of Currents: cards are printed and in hand, delivery projected to be completed before month's end.

22 July - Bicycle Core: had delays due to technical issues, forcing the designer to cancel using metallic inks.  Will include a bonus to backers as compensation.  Printing status unknown, last updated 30 Oct.

11 Aug - Galaxy Cards: updates are for backers only, last one made 02 Nov.

12 Aug - Bicycle Genesis: had financial issues with the loss of a major backer.  Most recent update, for backers only, entitled "'Genesis Playing Cards' in time for Christmas!", dated 26 Sept.

19 Sept - Bicycle Quicksilver: digital proof approved, print proof pending, pushing hard to ship in time for Christmas, will provide "stocking stuffers" if they're not ready in time.  Updated 07 Nov.

04 Oct - Deck of the Extraordinary Voyages: had been informed by printer they couldn't deliver until January, briefly considered printing with USPC to insure holiday delivery but backers spoke out against this due to it costing the four "X" cards in the process.  Updated 09 Nov., will reveal proofs next week, on track for delivery in January, will update on 14 Nov.

07 Oct - Vanda Playing Cards: status unknown, not updated on KS, FB or the website blog since 08 Oct.

11 Oct - Bicycle Call of Cthulhu: looks on track to have all cards and extras assembled by month's end, will probably ship shortly thereafter.  This is speculation but the cards could arrive in mailboxes before the holidays.

15 Oct - Bicycle Army Men: status unknown, no updates since the day after funding, except for a comment to the update made 30 Oct stating "Everything is moving along just fine."  16 Oct update indicated artwork was nearly ready.  I speculate that this deck may not be ready for shipping until January at the earliest.

17 Oct - Ritual Playing Cards: update on 31 Oct for backers only, titled "Printing started!"

28 Oct - Medusa Playing Cards: status unknown, no updates since two days before project's close.

31 Oct - Bicycle Asylum:  status unknown, no updates since the day before project's close.

31 Oct - Bicycle Mythos: Necronomicon: as of 07 Nov, awaiting ETA from USPC, one week left for Amazon Payments to fund them, coins and dice ordered with very few extra beyond KS rewards, survey goes out this week.  Placing order for Porper clips 14 Nov - if you were supposed to get an Eco clip, this is the deadline to indicate your desired color of replacement.

01 Nov - Misc. Goods Co. (Pedale Design): aiming to ship by 18 Dec., survey deadline was Sun 11 Nov.  New website at Misc-Goods-Co.com - you can view some faces and sign up for updates, but nothing more yet available.

02 Nov - Bicycle Black Tie: announced 09 Nov a second "stop-gap" KS project would be necessary to make up for lost funds due to losing a major backer.  Needs $2,000 to go forward.  No word on that project's start as of yet.

05 Nov - Bohemia: surveys sent, on track to be printed and hopefully shipped in time for holidays.  Extra reward items may take a little longer as many of them are handmade.

Re: The New Deck Report - UPDATED 6-12x/week
« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Two new decks being added to the list:

T11 has a project called "the Guild of Artisans".  We still don't even know if it's definitely a deck - we've only seen a laser-etched piece of wood - but the seal on that piece of wood clearly states USPC's name at the bottom.  So maybe it is a deck.

Aloys, of Blue Tune fame, is coming out within about a month with the Floral Deck.  2500 made in red, 500 made in black (but only 101 black decks being released for sale).

One deck being removed:

Bicycle Karnival Earthtone9 is on pre-order, as is Bicycle Karnival Z-Ray.  BTW: the Z-Ray deck is advertised on the BBM site as "Karnival Z-Ray" but the tuck box doesn't say "Karnival" anywhere on it.

« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
E released a new deck for a 48-hour pre-sale, roughly half over: Fathom.  Very aquatic-themed.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/new-e-deck-fathom/?topicseen

Sean Whelan announced a new deck design, called Lucent, on the Design/Dev board.  This will Kickstart next month, pushing the Surge deck forward to "early 2013".

The KS for the Rule Rebel deck (which came with the Bicycle Urban Punk deck) has been canceled - and relaunched, but without the Rule Rebel deck, just Bicycle Urban Punk.  In its first day it's already earned more cash than the entire previous project's run up to the cancellation.  Unfortunately, that's not saying so much!  But in the project's favor, the new project's goal is barely more than half of that of the old project, since it's for a single deck this time around.

« Reply #461 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
We have a release time for Handlordz' two new decks, Dominion and Magicians Must Die #1: Saturday morning at 9am Mountain Time (16:00 UTC).  More details and new items on the topics for each deck.

« Reply #462 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Alien Ink, makers of the Galaxy Cards deck (which is now on sale at Amazon) announced an upcoming KS project called the Flower Deck.  Hmm...  The name is vaguely familiar...

Since the Galaxy Cards deck is on sale, I'm removing it from the Successfully Completed list.

Stay Classy Cards has their stopgap KS project to get the Black Tie deck made live now - it's going on the list of Active Projects.

« Reply #463 on: November 16, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Owen Packard of Big Blind Media (home of the Karnival decks) was kind enough to pass me a promo code for 15% off orders made by members of the Discourse!  I'm posting it into the NDR now.  Just in time for their two new decks, Bicycle Z-Ray and Bicycle Karnival earthtone9 (that's Owen's band)! They're taking orders now for a 10 December release, and preorders should arrive on or near the 10th as they're shipping out before the official release.

If you check out the website, you can get peeks at the art - Z-Ray has cool looking tattoo art while the Earthtone9 deck has all black face - but still has black spades and clubs!  Take a look, it's pretty cool!

Click to see the Z-Rays!
Click to see the earthtone9s!

And lest we forget, they've got a fairly awesome selection of magic, too!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:01:51 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #464 on: November 17, 2012, 01:26:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Big day for card news!

I can finally reveal that HOPC is releasing the Curator Deck on Black Friday at midnight EST (05:00 UTC)!  Congratulations, Emmanuel!

The Silver Edition Split Spades Lions will also hit the virtual shelves that day (and I'm presuming the same time, too).  If anyone hears of a different time, please let me know.

On Kickstarter:

The AKIVA Art Project raised only $140 of the $6,250 it needed to be successfully funded.

Bicycle Heraldry has 11 hours left and not quite half the $15,000 needed.

The Creature Deck has much better odds, but time's running out.  It ends Wednesday and has about $8,200 of the $10,000 needed.  Without a big burst in funding in the home stretch, it won't make it.  It did, I should note, snag about $800 in funding in the past day, a big jump from the numbers it was pulling in before.

The Compass Deck closes in eight days.  It was hovering at about $3,100 for days on end - and it lost funds about two days ago, bringing it closer to $3,000.  This deck has practically nil chance of making the $15,000 goal.

All other projects have more than eight days remaining.  No new projects to report.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:29:24 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #465 on: November 18, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
From Handlordz, both the Dominion deck and Magicians Must Die #1 are now in release for nearly fourteen hours as I type this.

On Kickstarter, Bicycle Heraldry failed to reach its goal, getting pledges for only $6,876 of the $15,000 they were seeking.

« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2012, 01:26:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
We now have a confirmed time for the release of Smoke and Mirrors v7: Black Friday (23 November) at 8am Pacific, 11am Eastern, 16:00 UTC.

At Kickstarter, Creature Cards had a huge burst of funding and has reach it's $10,000 goal in time for its Thanksgiving Thursday deadline.  Congratulations to Gary McBride and Fire Mountain Games.

The Blue Crown announced "the Luxury Crown Deck", which if I had to guess from the posted photo KpopFever605 left us and the information on the website, is a super-deluxe version of the Crown Deck done "handmade" - which I presume refers to the box/packaging.  Only 144 will be available and it looks like they'll be contest prizes rather than purchasable at the site.  Mind you, this is just a guess, but I think this deck will be available in a simpler format to purchase as well.  It, too, will be "introduced" on Friday, but I have no idea on the precise time or method to obtain them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:27:22 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:25 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Think I'm guna give black Friday a miss this year! Far too much to choose from! I still don't understand why, even when it's not black Friday, most card companies seem to release new decks in the 3rd or 4th week of the month. My wage enters the bank on the last day of the month. I have surplus funds during the first week usually. So that's when I'm looking to buy my cards. Ah well.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #468 on: November 20, 2012, 09:00:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just added Alien Ink's new Kickstarter project, Bicycle Flowers.

Also adding a discount code from JP Playing Cards, based in the UK.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:01:49 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2012, 12:56:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Adding new deck from the Virts.

Adding new coupon code for Lee Asher's site.  (Is it possible the old one expired?  I should ask him...)

Well, we had the day, now we have the time - The Blue Crown's releasing the Luxury Deck (and likely also the Curator deck) at midnight on Friday Eastern, 9pm Thursday Pacific, 05:00 Friday UTC

Released earlier tonight:
Confidence DeckBeDeceivedTue 20 Nov 2012 21:00
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:13:01 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
USPC announced the "808 Club", kicking the project off with a Bicycle Club 808 deck.  But it's already on pre-order, so no listing on the NDR.

http://www.bicyclecards.com/808/

« Reply #471 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have a corrected date for the Silver Split Spades: Sat. 9pm Pacific, Sun. midnight Eastern, Sun. 05:00 UTC.

I have a date/time for the new Heraldry deck from Circle City and HOPC - tonight at midnight Eastern.  05:00 Friday UTC.

So, here's what the Black Friday Weekend Breakdown looks like:

Tonight at midnight Eastern (Fri 05:00 UTC)
HOPC - Curator Deck
HOPC/CCCC - Heraldry Deck (2 colors)
TBC - Luxury Crown Deck
Ellusionist - official release of Fathom and (?)

Tomorrow (Friday) at 11am Eastern (Fri 16:00 UTC)
T11 - Artisans
D&D - S&M v7

Sunday at midnight Eastern (Sun 05:00 UTC)
D. Blaine - silver Split Spades Lions
(remember, that's Saturday night in the US and Canada!)

On Kickstarter:

Creature Cards successfully closed at $12,749 on a goal of $10,000.

Closing this coming week:
SUN - Compass
SUN night eastern, MON early UTC - Valor
MON - Black Tie, round 2
WED night Eastern, THU early UTC - Póstumo
THU - Durak
SAT - Apocalyptica

Once these are gone, the ranks are gonna get mighty thin...only 6 projects left unless something new pops up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:44:41 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2012, 01:03:39 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
is there any code for Ellusionist that takes off a percent of everything? not just one group of items?
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #473 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
is there any code for Ellusionist that takes off a percent of everything? not just one group of items?

There are three codes that allow a percentage off without any prerequisites or limits.  However, all of them are single-use only.  If you've used them in the past, you can't use them now.

In other news...

I have a corrected release date for the silver Split Spades.  Instead of Sunday morning at midnight Eastern (Sun. 05:00 UTC), they'll be out Monday morning at midnight EST (Mon. 05:00 UTC).  Since they were "prereleased" today at a shockingly low price, I'm pulling them from the list, as well as a few others.

USPCTitle andCompanyRelease
BrandTopic Linkand LinkDate
ArtisansTheory11Fri 23 Nov 2012 16:00
Curator DeckEmmanuel José/
HOPC
Fri 23 Nov 2012 05:00
Heraldry (Azure, Sanguine)Circle City/HOPCFri Nov 23 2012 05:00
Split Spades Lions (Silver Ed.)David BlaineMon 26 Nov 2012 05:00

I'm leaving the Luxury Crown deck on the list.  The current version is a special, limited edition that can't be bought, while a future edition is expected soon for general release.

I have a launch for the Lucent Kickstarter project: Saturday, December 15th.

I have a new deck project on KS as well: Stealth Playing Cards, with "metallic ingraved symbols".

Congratulations to Jorge Alvarez - his "take 2" on the Bicycle Black Tie deck met its goal today, despite all the cash going to Black Friday sales and new releases.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:27:09 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #474 on: November 25, 2012, 02:12:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
David Blaine's Split Spades Silver Edition are already for sale - they went up over a day early.  2 decks are $6.95 each, while 12 decks are roughly $5.99 a pack.

To further update my original list of Black Friday weekend releases, HOPC surprised everyone with the Verve Shine Yellow deck, Ellusionist released the Black Club Edition of the Artifice deck - which unfortunately can only be obtained by joining a rather expensive club.  And Dan & Dave's Smoke and Mirrors v7 turned out to be a boxed set of reprints from versions 3-6 with the new deck added - can't tell the exact color from their photos, but it might be metallic silver, but no matter how you slice it, it's the exact same back as versions 4 through 6.

On Kickstarter...

I have a confirmation that the Stealth deck will NOT be using USPC as their printer.  They're using some company called GR Print that, as far as I can tell, has never printed playing cards before.  Hmm.......  You can check them out for yourself at http://grprint.com

The Compass Deck and Valor both end within the next 24 hours.  They've both had little to no progress for several days and are nowhere near their goals.