WHITE LUXURY CROWN - BLUE CROWN
BLACK LEGENDS - CARC
BRUCE LEE - D&D
MEDALLIONS - T11
BLACK NOC - BLUE CROWN
EXQUISITE - CARC
Something I missed - post below
LEGENDS V2 IN RED AND BLUE!
Which Black Friday release is tops on your list?

Author (Read 5112 times)

Re: Which Black Friday release is tops on your list?
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Black JAQKs :)

Also I got imps, and club 808 stuffs as well.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Are the White Luxury Crown decks happening? I can't and couldn't find anything on them for the past two days.

Btw I hopped on the Black JAQK deck. Probably the nicest deck released. I also like the medallions but damn do they remind me of the Origins deck that hasn't been released yet.

Someone commented on the topic for that deck that it's due before year's end, but it's not a Black Friday release.

The giveaway prize deck is the fancy, steel-plated one with the hand-autograph from Alex Pandrea.  That one will be the more mundane release.  I have no idea if the metal-plate model will be a sale model or only a holiday giveaway.

What!? Is TBC really still doing handmade decks? I thought Alex would have stopped after the Blue and Red. I saw a YouTube of the Handmade Luxury Decks being reviewed. The tuck box was coming unglued and the rivets were coming unglued at the signed metal plate. I thought those metal plates were supposed to be riveted/bolted on the tuck. It turns out they are glued on. I'm not amused.

I'd been told they were actually screwed into place - how, I have no idea.  I remember thinking it was an odd idea when Kevin first told me about it.

Black JAQKs :)

Also I got imps, and club 808 stuffs as well.

Yeah, I raided Wingra Direct as well - Club 808 and regular merchandise.  My wife wanted to get me some cards as a gift.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Yeah, I raided Wingra Direct as well - Club 808 and regular merchandise.  My wife wanted to get me some cards as a gift.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some new cards. I know you were not buying any for a while or so you said.

What was the deal with bicycle and club 808?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:04:41 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 11:58:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm glad to hear you were able to get some new cards. I know you were not buying any for a while or so you said.

Wingra Direct operates the Club 808 VIP Store.  While ordinary customers got 20% off much of what's on shopbicyclecards.com, Club 808 members got 25% off and it included the VIP Store's exclusive goodies.  There's Club flasks, posters, uncuts and decks.

It's really worth it to be in Club 808.  A membership is only $18.85 for a year and in addition to a lot of nice articles and interviews on all things playing cards, they have some nice playing cards and other Bicycle-branded stuff that are only available there or in the aftermarket.  Personally, I prefer paying original retail (or less) when I can!  New articles used to be monthly - now they're twice monthly.

The membership include the club's deck, Bicycle Club 808.  Only one to a customer, so they're not easily obtained anywhere else.

Currently in the VIP Shop:
5 posters - Rider Back, modern joker, best bower, classic old-school Ace of Spades and Cupid Rider spade.
4 uncuts - Griffin, Cigar, Speakeasy and Espionage (the Amber Stag uncut is the club's first sold-out item).
5 decks - same decks as above, none are sold out.
Amber Stag t-shirt
Club 808 flask (leather-wrapped, looks nice)
Club 808 bar tumblers (a 4-pack of rocks glasses: King, Queen, Jack and club logo)

Club decks to date have been 5,000-deck print runs.  All the decks are Bicycle-branded, so for Bicycle collectors it's a must-join.  In April, for "Play More Cards Day", club members received "ambassador kits" including a brick of Rider Backs and assorted stuff like a pen, scorepad, plastic cups, keychain, all Bicycle-branded.  It was available for free to all, but club members received theirs automatically, without having to make a request.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:00:46 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Wingra Direct operates the Club 808 VIP Store.  While ordinary customers got 20% off much of what's on shopbicyclecards.com, Club 808 members got 25% off and it included the VIP Store's exclusive goodies.  There's Club flasks, posters, uncuts and decks.

It's really worth it to be in Club 808.  A membership is only $18.85 for a year and in addition to a lot of nice articles and interviews on all things playing cards, they have some nice playing cards and other Bicycle-branded stuff that are only available there or in the aftermarket.  Personally, I prefer paying original retail (or less) when I can!  New articles used to be monthly - now they're twice monthly.

The membership include the club's deck, Bicycle Club 808.  Only one to a customer, so they're not easily obtained anywhere else.

5 posters - Rider Back, modern joker, best bower, classic old-school Ace of Spades and Cupid Rider spade.
4 uncuts - Griffin, Cigar, Speakeasy and Espionage (the Amber Stag uncut is the club's first sold-out item).
Amber Stag t-shirt
Club 808 bar tumblers (a 4-pack of rocks glasses: King, Queen, Jack and club logo)

Club decks to date have been 5,000-deck print runs.  All the decks are Bicycle-branded, so for Bicycle collectors it's a must-join.  In April, for "Play More Cards Day", club members received "ambassador kits" including a brick of Rider Backs and assorted stuff like a pen, scorepad, plastic cups, keychain, all Bicycle-branded.  It was available for free to all, but club members received theirs automatically, without having to make a request.

I agree, seems to be a pretty good deal. I joined a week ago. With the extra 5% off for BlackFriday I saved an extra $8 on my order.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2013, 01:33:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I neglected to mention - where to sign up for a membership

http://bicyclecards.com/808

Or the "Club 808" link at http://shopbicyclecards.com - it's all the way on the right of the bar with the different merchandise categories on it.

Two nice features - frequent contests and "Mixing with Molly", an instructional video series on mixology.

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Amber Stag t-shirt

I'm a member of 808 Club. Its so worth it but I don't buy anything exclusive. I tent to be more into the designer costume decks. The Play More Cards Ambassador Kits were awesome. I joined as soon as I heard they were giving the Kits out in FEB/MAR.

I just was not sure what the BF deal was. I might of gotten an email. I only had two things I wanted this year (Legends & JAQKS). I'm very happy!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:57:56 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I just was not sure what the BF deal was. I might of gotten an email. I only had two things I wanted this year (Legends & JAQKS). I'm very happy!

Yeah, the sale was pretty much it.  It's a good discount, not as steep as you generally find on decks.  And now, the sale is over...

Looks like Black JAQKs are the fan favorite, followed closely by Exquisites.  I keep screwing up when typing "Exquisites" because there are so few words with both the letters X and Q in them, right next to each other.  I tend to type them infrequently enough that touch-typing those two oddball keys in a row throws my rhythm off completely.  Black Legends and Black NOCs are tied for fourth and everything else is pretty much an also-ran.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:32:47 AM by Don Boyer »