You are Here:
Madison Rounders in brown from Ellusionist? I do think so.

Author (Read 9966 times)

Re: Madison Rounders in brown from Ellusionist? I do think so.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Well, they exist. As do Blue Rounders, of which there are only 2500. Interesting.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
So, who's got the email? ;)

Looks like it is brown, as inspired by the brown Wynns we know that he loves so much and it's unlimited ..

But wait, there's a blue one too??? :) limited, 2500 available. Who's gona make a purchase for the books to get these?

EDIT: fanofyankees, you beat me to it :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:04:33 PM by brownmagician »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I would like to get both. Ill need to see the promotion first to see how I'm going to do this. I usually manage to get the very best deal possible from E.

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »

vmagic

I don't seem to have the email anymore but basically it was like this.

Buy one of their new books, one is $95 & the other $55 I believe and you get a free Brown Rounder, buy both and get a free Blue Rounder.
Buy a brick of Brown Rounders and you get a free Blue Rounder, same as with the Dealers previously.

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Links for books doesn't work now. Maybe tomorrow.

"However, if you purchase BOTH Anthology AND How to Cheat at Cards together, we'll give you a FREE LIMITED EDITION BLUE Rounders Deck. Only 2500 Blue Rounders have been printed, and they're only available with purchase of both books, or with every 12 Brown Rounders purchased."

If you take only one book, you'll get only one free brown deck.

LE. Sorry, I wrote after the last message. I didn't see vmagic post.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:06:58 AM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I've actually been wanting to pick up Anthology. I'm looking to get two Blue. I have 2 each of DM's released Scarlet decks. Maybe if I buy a brick of Brown I'll get one Blue and another Blue for buying Anthology? What do you think Jake, Is that feasible?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:35:08 AM by Anonymous »

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
The deal for the books and the blue deck is quite decent if you're into it; as I already have How to Cheat at Cards I don't feel that the additional money to get some bonus content is quite worth the dollar coupled with anthology (although I do want to get it), but just picked up a brick of the browns due to my liking for the brown wynns, and the blue rounder deck to go with it. At the bottom of the blue rounder page E do mention that at this point in time this is the only way of obtaining them, so I'm thinking black friday sales for some nice deals with the blue rounders included.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 09:26:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've actually been wanting to pick up Anthology. I'm looking to get two Blue. I have 2 each of DM's released Scarlet decks. Maybe if I buy a brick of Brown I'll get one Blue and another Blue for buying Anthology? What do you think Jake, Is that feasible?

It should - but you should probably call first to be certain.  Beyond the limited quantity of the print run itself, there's no mention of restrictions on how many you can obtain.  I imagine if you bought 2 bricks, or two 2-book sets, you'd also get two blue Rounders decks.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
...as I already have How to Cheat at Cards...

This is the book http://www.scribd.com/doc/98576629/The-Card-Cheat-Handbook-by-Daniel-Madison ?

Anyone interested about getting brown and blue decks? How do you thing about this colors?

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
When you add two brick sets you get two blue, but when I added two sets of books I only saw one blue deck
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:51:47 AM by brownmagician »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Beyond the limited quantity of the print run itself, there's no mention of restrictions on how many you can obtain.  I imagine if you bought 2 bricks, or two 2-book sets, you'd also get two blue Rounders decks.

You read my mind. But after agera94 Black Friday suggestion, I was thinking to get only one brick of browns, not two...maybe I'll get a better deal on Black Friday. Or maybe not, I don't know.

Btw, after E's BC email, I was standing by and I received this email, but was only a bug. Only two blues :D

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Beyond the limited quantity of the print run itself, there's no mention of restrictions on how many you can obtain.  I imagine if you bought 2 bricks, or two 2-book sets, you'd also get two blue Rounders decks.

You read my mind. But after agera94 Black Friday suggestion, I was thinking to get only one brick of browns, not two...maybe I'll get a better deal on Black Friday. Or maybe not, I don't know.

Btw, after E's BC email, I was standing by and I received this email, but was only a bug. Only two blues :D

Question answered.  Thanks!

Now we all know that you can order more blue decks as long as you meet the requirements for each deck.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:13:35 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just a few decks are limited, like Sultan Treasury which is limited to only 2 decks per person. Same Black Artifice, only two + one deck from BC membership and so on...

Otherwise I don't know what to do...one or two blue or only one and wait for a better deal to Black Friday?

But no one answered to my questions (about the book, your thought about this colors) ...thanks!

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
...as I already have How to Cheat at Cards...

This is the book http://www.scribd.com/doc/98576629/The-Card-Cheat-Handbook-by-Daniel-Madison ?

Anyone interested about getting brown and blue decks? How do you thing about this colors?

That's not the book; How to Cheat at Cards is Madisons own take on Expert at the Card Table. I believe the card cheat handbook is included inside of HTCAC.

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 07:31:36 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Just a few decks are limited, like Sultan Treasury which is limited to only 2 decks per person. Same Black Artifice, only two + one deck from BC membership and so on...

Otherwise I don't know what to do...one or two blue or only one and wait for a better deal to Black Friday?

But no one answered to my questions (about the book, your thought about this colors) ...thanks!

It might be wise to wait. No guarantee what deal they'll have, but when I just missed out on the "Halloween Tricks" promotion Ellusionist was running. I emailed their customer service team about if I still could get in it. I was told I couldn't since they had to be really strict about when something is bought to qualify for it, BUT I was told they'd be having a Holiday Promotion that's "supposed to be the best one yet" that's suppose to be out Mid-November (maybe) but I guess take that with a grain of salt.

I honestly wish the Blue Rounders were unlimited. I'm really liking the shade of blue.

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

It might be wise to wait. No guarantee what deal they'll have, but when I just missed out on the "Halloween Tricks" promotion Ellusionist was running. I emailed their customer service team about if I still could get in it. I was told I couldn't since they had to be really strict about when something is bought to qualify for it, BUT I was told they'd be having a Holiday Promotion that's "supposed to be the best one yet" that's suppose to be out Mid-November (maybe) but I guess take that with a grain of salt.

I honestly wish the Blue Rounders were unlimited. I'm really liking the shade of blue.

I Picked up TWO bricks of Brown. Got my 2 Blue Rounders.

I think making Blue the limited deck is a great business strategy for the very reason your saying it should be unlimited. E is going to sell a "large load" of browns because of it. You can wait... But I can't. The longer I wait the less chance I have of making the best of this deal.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:16:12 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »

Xntrix

• True Member

• Facebook:

It might be wise to wait. No guarantee what deal they'll have... BUT I was told they'd be having a Holiday Promotion that's "supposed to be the best one yet" that's suppose to be out Mid-November (maybe) but I guess take that with a grain of salt.

I'll say now - if you're after Blue Rounders, this is the way to get it. It's true there will be a way to get one in our Holiday Promotion - but if I were you, I'd pick up a Brick of Brownders. Keep it on the DL - but you'll need to spend more to get the Blues come Holiday Giveaway. ;)

Also - The Card Cheat Handbook is ages old. It contains some stuff that's in HTCAC (like the Blood Marking System) but HTCAC is much more comprehensive and contains a heck of a lot more material. Anthology is basically every PDF Madison put out between 2000 and 2010, plus Revelations 03 (the book - not the webshow) and Five.

-Jake
To enquire about Ellusionist sponsorship,  provide feedback or just have a chat - please email me at Jake {at} ellusionist.com

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 08:50:40 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran

It might be wise to wait. No guarantee what deal they'll have... BUT I was told they'd be having a Holiday Promotion that's "supposed to be the best one yet" that's suppose to be out Mid-November (maybe) but I guess take that with a grain of salt.

I'll say now - if you're after Blue Rounders, this is the way to get it. It's true there will be a way to get one in our Holiday Promotion - but if I were you, I'd pick up a Brick of Brownders. Keep it on the DL - but you'll need to spend more to get the Blues come Holiday Giveaway. ;)

Also - The Card Cheat Handbook is ages old. It contains some stuff that's in HTCAC (like the Blood Marking System) but HTCAC is much more comprehensive and contains a heck of a lot more material. Anthology is basically every PDF Madison put out between 2000 and 2010, plus Revelations 03 (the book - not the webshow) and Five.

-Jake

If only the webshow was in the book as a sort of comic  :karrit:

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
(I'll be over here holding the "I told you so" sign, anonymous.  ;) )

In all seriousness, I like the brown Rounders. They're a nice substitute if you like the Brown Wynns look but don't want to pay that much or have trouble finding them. The blue Rounders are nice but aren't really doing it for me. Definitely prefer the red and black ones over them. I'll most likely pick up the brown deck later on, since I don't experience any "must have" feeling about the blue deck and I already own the Anthology and HTCAC there's no rush.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 01:14:11 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
(I'll be over here holding the "I told you so" sign, anonymous.  ;) )

In all seriousness, I like the brown Rounders. They're a nice substitute if you like the Brown Wynns look but don't want to pay that much or have trouble finding them. The blue Rounders are nice but aren't really doing it for me. Definitely prefer the red and black ones over them. I'll most likely pick up the brown deck later on, since I don't experience any "must have" feeling about the blue deck and I already own the Anthology and HTCAC there's no rush.

I still think it's a watch. Lol

I was not alone, was I? You should take that sign and turn it into a lasso. You wrangled up a few of us on this one. Unfortunately I don't use Facebook and you had more complete information then I. When your right, your right.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:10:53 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:12 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
If you're after a chance of a blue deck at a lower price - we're giving one blue deck away at random to one customer that pre-orders before the stock lands next week! :) http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/brown-madison-rounders
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well, I'm not quite at the stage of collecting where I'm buying bricks, so I'll be waiting....and a Blue deck is probably out of the question, lol

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
If you're after a chance of a blue deck at a lower price - we're giving one blue deck away at random to one customer that pre-orders before the stock lands next week! :) http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/brown-madison-rounders

Nice price for Europe ;)

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »

Robert Adams

• True Member
  • 'love your cards'

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I couldn't resist a brick of Browners straight from E, not for the Blue deck particularly but for that lovely Wynn brown!

Not sure what to make of this offer. If you can afford a brick and manage to sell your Blue like this ebay listing then you've got a practically free brick brick of Browns!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Madison-Rounders-Limited-Blue-Playing-Cards-Ellusionist-RARE-Sealed-Free-Brown-/271309036541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2b475bfd

But I suppose you can't blame E for our crazy purchasing habits.

P.S. I don't mean to encourage re-selling, you probably wont get that much and then you wont have a blue deck!

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well if anyone wants to get rid of a couple Brown's at a "Reasonable" price let me know. I'll forgo direct from E to help a member lighten their investment on the Blue deck,lol
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:01:40 AM by Sparkz »