You are Here:
Gold Virts?

Author (Read 5071 times)

Gold Virts?
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »

vmagic

So somebody just posted this in my Facebook group, did we really need another color? Is this real, anyone know?

Re: Gold Virts?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'd like to think Virtuoso is beyond the black and 1 color back design. It's probably a Photoshop. I hope for their sake it's not real. It looks terrible.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:31:48 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

excited, yes, but the color meh ??? white-green or something better than yellow-black

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Also Huron Low had mention abt Virts v3 for late 2014, early 2015, but nothing news after that

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »

vmagic

Yeah I was thinking it might be photoshop

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Launch edition borders. I highly doubt they would go back.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:46:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So somebody just posted this in my Facebook group, did we really need another color? Is this real, anyone know?

If it's real, another color would be nice more in the sense that it would mean more of these decks coming into circulation rather than anything else.  They're really nice cards.

However, I don't think they're real.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »

doubledouble

• True Member
kinda off topic but does anyone know if the virts ever delivered on those videos they promised for some of the bundles they sold of the virts 2.0s? I bought a bundle on their website that was supposed to be a couple decks + 2 videos but afaik the videos are several months overdue and I haven't heard anything from them.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »

vmagic

This is a fake pic unfortunately.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 01:06:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
kinda off topic but does anyone know if the virts ever delivered on those videos they promised for some of the bundles they sold of the virts 2.0s? I bought a bundle on their website that was supposed to be a couple decks + 2 videos but afaik the videos are several months overdue and I haven't heard anything from them.

Were the videos to be delivered on disc or as a download?  'Cause if it's a download, they might have been available for quite some time by now.  You should contact them.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 01:11:54 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
If I remember well, the links were provided as soon as you purchased the decks.  i can dig in my email...I probably still have the links

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
The downloads are still not available.  This is the e-mail I got in April...it notes they would be available late April but still haven't seen an update:
"Hey,
Huron here. I'd like to give you an update regarding your pre-order of the Perfect Faro and Cascade tutorials. As mentioned on our website, the tutorials were estimated be delivered at the official launch of the Spring /Summer '14 Virtuoso deck in late January.

However, we recently developed new and improved techniques for the Perfect Faro and Cascade, and strongly feel that we should include them in your purchase. This has resulted in the Perfect Faro expanding from one video to three, and the Cascade from two videos to three. To give you an idea of how much content you're receiving, the Faro tutorial now runs at 40 minutes long.  Naturally, this has extended the tutorial production duration, and we now expect all the tutorials to be ready in late April.

While we understand the frustration of waiting to receive something that you've already paid for, we value your investment and trust in our work even more. This means that we would rather spend a bit more time making the best possible product for you, than rush you something that could have been much better.

Regardless, we deeply apologize for the delay, and will learn from this experience to better estimate pre-order delivery dates. We thank you very much for your patience and understanding, and we assure you that the new tutorials will be well worth the wait. I will definitely let you the moment the tutorials are ready. Take care and talk soon!

Cheers,
Huron Low"
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The downloads are still not available.  This is the e-mail I got in April...it notes they would be available late April but still haven't seen an update:
"Hey,
Huron here. I'd like to give you an update regarding your pre-order of the Perfect Faro and Cascade tutorials. As mentioned on our website, the tutorials were estimated be delivered at the official launch of the Spring /Summer '14 Virtuoso deck in late January.

However, we recently developed new and improved techniques for the Perfect Faro and Cascade, and strongly feel that we should include them in your purchase. This has resulted in the Perfect Faro expanding from one video to three, and the Cascade from two videos to three. To give you an idea of how much content you're receiving, the Faro tutorial now runs at 40 minutes long.  Naturally, this has extended the tutorial production duration, and we now expect all the tutorials to be ready in late April.

While we understand the frustration of waiting to receive something that you've already paid for, we value your investment and trust in our work even more. This means that we would rather spend a bit more time making the best possible product for you, than rush you something that could have been much better.

Regardless, we deeply apologize for the delay, and will learn from this experience to better estimate pre-order delivery dates. We thank you very much for your patience and understanding, and we assure you that the new tutorials will be well worth the wait. I will definitely let you the moment the tutorials are ready. Take care and talk soon!

Cheers,
Huron Low"

It sounds to me like you need to contact them and ask what's going on.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »

formula

• Where's Jerry?
I don't think the spring/summer version has even gone on "public" sale yet so it was obvious to me that it's not genuine, not to mention the fact that the Virts wouldn't put this out because, as pointed out, it would be a step backwards.

No need. I've found that the Virts/Huron and Lee Asher are very good at communicating. I'm confident that details will be emailed as soon as the videos become available.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:04:56 PM by formula »

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I don't think the spring/summer version has even gone on "public" sale yet so it was obvious to me that it's not genuine, not to mention the fact that the Virts wouldn't put this out because, as pointed out, it would be a step backwards.

No need. I've found that the Virts/Huron and Lee Asher are very good at communicating. I'm confident that details will be emailed as soon as the videos become available.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=virtuoso+spring+summer+2014

I don't believe there was an official announcement that Spring/Summer 2014 went public but you can Google it. It can be purchased by anyone.

Very True. TheVirts/Huron is known to be very informative in their emails. I find their many postscripts (P.S., P.P.S., P.P.P.S.) to be quite amusing. lol
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:24:46 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=virtuoso+spring+summer+2014

I don't believe there was an official announcement that Spring/Summer 2014 went public but you can Google it. It can be purchased by anyone.

Very True. TheVirts/Huron is known to be very informative in their emails. I find their many postscripts (P.S., P.P.S., P.P.P.S.) to be quite amusing. lol

The Virts page for the Spring/Summer 2014 deck has this quote on it:

NOTE: The Faro and Cascade tutorials are in the midst of production and will be delivered at the official launch in late January 2014.

If they aren't out yet, I'd say they're behind schedule.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
The videos tutorials became available last night.  Just 4 months late!
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.