Release Date: August 31st, 2012 at 11am EDT
Where: www.theory11.com

These are NOT LIMITED.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:50:50 AM by Evan »

Re: NEW DECK- Silver Monarchs Deck from Theory11
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow. Theory11 are turning into new D&D, with color variations for Monarchs, Steampunks, JAQKs... I find it kind of ridiculous to have a fourth color in this series. Plus, how will the back design of the silver monarchs be any different from the normal ones? I'm guessing only the box will be different.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As someone that puts 6+ months of design into a custom deck, these color changing guys are starting to annoy me.

Step 1: gain following making interesting cards
Step 2: stop innovating and just swap colors
Step 3: profit off the collectors!

Boo.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

Noobmachine

I really hope this trend of re-colouring comes to an end, the market us just being flooded by these un-innovative decks. The White Monarchs looked good, these just look like a cheap attempt at sucking in more of our money.
Empty lousy signature is lousy and empty :(

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Definitely didn't see this one coming... :-\
- Adam

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:19:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
These and the Rebels will be unlimited.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
As someone that puts 6+ months of design into a custom deck, these color changing guys are starting to annoy me.

Step 1: gain following making interesting cards
Step 2: stop innovating and just swap colors
Step 3: profit off the collectors!

Boo.

This.

I'm really glad I don't collect new releases anymore. This is just a big "fuck you" to everyone that actually puts time into their designs and gets 1/100th the profit T11 does.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:16 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Love these... Although I understand the dissension, I've got to say that Monarchs were one of my favorite decks, and they kickstarted me collecting after many years... The white decks are just fantastic and the silver looks sick as well... Looking forward to these...

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I will need to see more images of this to make up my mind. I am hoping to God that they did not make the box like the silver steam punks. I just think they may just be killing off the already astounding deck. I didn't think the monarchs needed another addition and this was a suprise. Again, I will need to see pictures to make up my mind but still...
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
I admit the silver box will look great in the row with the standard/white monarchs.
If the cards inside are no different like the original monarchs...well just sent me the flat box in a envelope ;-)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
Wonder just how much can they alter the monarchs, they're already beautiful as they are!
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »

Cardist888

Huh not bad another monarch deck :)

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I am hoping to God that they did not make the box like the silver steam punks.

Chances are...and by the way they are looking, they will be

Plus, how will the back design of the silver monarchs be any different from the normal ones?
I'm thinking that the back designs will have more patches of grey/black/silver/metallic colors.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
While I'm not a huge fan of the whole recoloring trend, I will still pick up a deck of these so that I can have the complete for versions of this deck. Hopefully they'll end it here though. The monarchs is an average deck and the recoloring is getting way old.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Trailer is up but still no sign of them or exposé.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnvZ9nI-Q4Y&list=UUl1WwbVpKUdQerivZpUxZLA

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
In case you didn't find them, they're here: http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/silver-monarch-playing-cards

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Meh...I'm not overly excited about them. In my opinion, the Gold and/or White Monarchs will still be the best of them all.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 04:57:24 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
From what I see... seriously... just replacing the ink to black on white.... but we expected nothing more than that anyway...
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 07:04:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
From what I see... seriously... just replacing the ink to black on white.... but we expected nothing more than that anyway...

As I see it, there's a breakdown to this that makes sense.

Gold Monarchs: pre-release, super-limited, not really intended to be released.  Gold on black.
Monarchs: white on navy blue, because the the gold didn't pop on the blacks, considered a disappointment by T11.  Also hyped like the second coming of Christ, Mohammed and Buddha all rolled into one - a big letdown to customers.  But in the end, considered a solid deck, well-made.
White Monarchs: rare release, limited, looks great.  Gold on white.
Silver Monarchs: unlimited (presumably the Monarchs are as well), and offer a perfect compliment to the Monarchs as a readily-available two-deck COMMON set.

Decks that don't come in commonly-available pairs don't sell to poker players.  Magicians can use them for awesome color changes as well without having to risk damaging a rare collectible deck.  Collectors, well - no one is twisting arms to get you to buy them, and they are an unlimited release.  I want some, but I'm waiting for my paycheck next week.  It's also great for people who liked the aesthetic of the White deck but couldn't afford it or missed out on buying it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:06:25 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Awesome view point Don! I feel like everyone has been overly whining about this, theory 11 did good by this. These are almost exactly the same cards as the white monarchs, and every one raved how wonderful and beautiful they were. Now these were made unlimited because of all the people who got pissed off about the white monarch release. Now for the people who wanted the white monarchs because they were beautiful and didn't just like then because they were  rare can now own something extremely similar. But as it always seems everyone is always pissed off about something. If you're a designer and don't approve of just changing the color, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't want to make a deck wonderful enough to
just be able to change the color and sell them , I mean think about it, not counting the gold monarch mess up (which really wasn't a release) there are three different colored monarchs, less then the amount of crown decks, and I really didn't hear anyone complaining about the "atrocity" that the blue crown cane out with blue ref and green crowns haha

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Awesome view point Don! I feel like everyone has been overly whining about this, theory 11 did good by this. These are almost exactly the same cards as the white monarchs, and every one raved how wonderful and beautiful they were. Now these were made unlimited because of all the people who got pissed off about the white monarch release. Now for the people who wanted the white monarchs because they were beautiful and didn't just like then because they were  rare can now own something extremely similar. But as it always seems everyone is always pissed off about something. If you're a designer and don't approve of just changing the color, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't want to make a deck wonderful enough to
just be able to change the color and sell them , I mean think about it, not counting the gold monarch mess up (which really wasn't a release) there are three different colored monarchs, less then the amount of crown decks, and I really didn't hear anyone complaining about the "atrocity" that the blue crown cane out with blue ref and green crowns haha

Darryl, I agree with you completely and to be honest I find the colour changing of decks to be interesting and not annoying whatsoever. I was originally worried about the silver monarchs but now I think the are a great idea for the obvious reasons that Darryl stated. All in all if you like it get it.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
haters will always hate. just as simple as that. I personally don't see how T11 or any other company is wrong for doing color variations. it lower cost (no design cost or additional payroll) to make the the exact same amount of money as creating a new deck. the margin just got so much bigger. why not~ of course this is from a business point of view.

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
they dont need to do 4 variations in about 10 months though, it is a little overboard.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
they dont need to do 4 variations in about 10 months though, it is a little overboard.

Of those variations, one was rarer than most and one was among the rarest of decks made.  Only two are commonly available at reasonable cost and without having to race to the web just before a deadline and watch servers crash as you're trying to order...or pay a princely sum to an eBayer or aftermarket retailer.  They are attractive, complement each other, are cheap and plentiful.

To the more casual collector, the working magician or to someone who (gasp) actually PLAYS with their cards, it's pretty sweet.  No one in those categories will lose sleep over not having the rare versions.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Of those variations, one was rarer than most and one was among the rarest of decks made.  Only two are commonly available at reasonable cost and without having to race to the web just before a deadline and watch servers crash as you're trying to order...or pay a princely sum to an eBayer or aftermarket retailer.  They are attractive, complement each other, are cheap and plentiful.

To the more casual collector, the working magician or to someone who (gasp) actually PLAYS with their cards, it's pretty sweet.  No one in those categories will lose sleep over not having the rare versions.
I realize that but over that short of time it is a lot of decks on top of their other releases.

I also open most of my decks (ussually get 2 so one open one sealed) and when playing with the deck no the rarity makes no difference, but when you are a collector it does.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.