You are Here:
White Monarchs by T11 (White Gold Monarchs)

Author (Read 43708 times)

Re: Theory11 White Monarch
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
If only I had known... I had 3 WM in my cart 30 minutes ago, but I closed the page thinking it was useless. Now it's empty. And unlike some other crazy resellers I wouldn't have sold it for 100+$. I would have kept 2 and either traded the last one or sold it for 25$.

« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
If only I had known... I had 3 WM in my cart 30 minutes ago, but I closed the page thinking it was useless. Now it's empty. And unlike some other crazy resellers I wouldn't have sold it for 100+$. I would have kept 2 and either traded the last one or sold it for 25$.
Hmmmm.... yea.

« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
And unlike some other crazy resellers I wouldn't have sold it for 100+$. I would have kept 2 and either traded the last one or sold it for 25$.

It is easier to say that then actually do it. It is always very tempting just to put it up on ebay and let others bid it up to triple or quadruple that amount.  ;) I know, because I once raffled off the chance to purchase one of my Red Artifice decks for $25 when they were the newest "rare" deck

« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »

vmagic

I'm confused, how is everyone getting 3, I thought the limit per order was 2, did they change it? I wasn't able to get anymore today, didn't have a chance to try, but hopefully I will try again next week. Either way, I think if they were going to release 1000 or 1500 of these that they should have just released them all at once instead of trying to make them seem ultra rare!  >:(

« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »

framegod

• Newcomer
The problem I have is them saying the are sold out yet selling more next week.  What about all of us that had 3 in our carts and were not able to get past shipping or any other portion of the checkout.  When we come come back later to try again and find that the decks have been removed from or carts, why?  They still have decks they should let those of us with decks in our carts finish the checkout, if they had no more decks I would understand but they obviously do so it makes no sense.  Then to say that next week their system won't crash I find that hard to believe, everytime one of these companies has one of these types of sales their systems crash and what is their reply, "we were not expecting such a responce" or something to that effect.  It is their way of toying with people, they know what is going to happen and should be ready for it a 100 fold.  Sorry but that is just my idea good customer service and business readiness.

« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I had them in my cart, then checked out and clicked the complete order button and it said it was sold out. That was after an hour of waiting!
I'm really disappointed in T11 and how they're handling this.

« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I actually kind of like the idea of releasing a limited product bits at a time.  It gives a lot of people a lot of opportunities to get one.  I know T11 has done a handful of things (today's website failure among them) that has really left a bad taste in people's mouths about the company, but I'm looking at this leaving prior judgement behind.

I actually DO like the looks of the white monarchs compared to the standard ones.  I also have a deep appreciation for quality marketing.  Say what you will about T11, say they don't treat their customers right, say they have gone the route of D&D (they aren't selling fingernail clippers yet), the fact remains that they DID upgrade their servers and they still managed to release a product that drew enough hype to crash them.  I have to respect that a little bit.

As for their systems crashing... these things happen.  Let's be honest, it's A DECK OF CARDS!  Nothing more.  You run a company, how many people do you really think are gonna wanna buy this deck of cards?  So yeah, when you release a deck - for the second time, and you make careful preparations to upgrade you equipment before hand, yet still end up with nearly 2,000 customers hitting a website at the same time.  T11 is not Google.  They do not make enough money to just throw everything they have into better technology, that stuff isn't cheap.  Were there things they could have done better?  Yes, but honestly I think they are doing just fine.  At the end of the day, if you hate the company so much for their bad PR and Customer Service then don't buy their product.  Unless you really want their product, then you have to weigh whether dealing with the company is worth it.  Most times it is.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The next release window is Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 11:00am EDT [250 Decks].
Seriously? Another 250 deck release? That worked out really well last time!

« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Ended up getting 6 decks which totals me to 10 White Monarch's! It took me over 2 hours and 30 mins. But I ended up snatching up 6 of these bad boys. ;)

« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi

No, it really didn't work out well at all, and in spite of that, I'm going to bet everyone who is upset with Theory-11 will still be there next Friday clicking order and throwing money at them. 

In all honestly it's actually quite fascinating how a mass of people will complain about the performance of something and yet still flock to it like lambs to the slaughter.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
AceGambit, it is pretty interesting. Collector mentality I guess, folks just feel driven to have the latest things particularly if they are rare and hard to come by. I might not bother again after the first two attempts, but on the other hand I will just be sitting in my office at my computer anyways, so why not?

T11 deserves some respect for their marketing prowess, to be sure. I'd love to have a fraction of that loyal following someday, as its a truly valuable thing.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
Yeah, I'm with you.  I didn't manage to pick up any of the White Monarch's, but I am a collector and I wouldn't mind a pair of them (bought 3 Tendril though :) ).  So yeah, next Friday sitting at my desk at 11am, Sure I'll pop over to their site and hope to buy a couple.  I don't know maybe I'm just too pragmatic to lose sleep over not being able to purchase a limited deck of cards (I really wanted a pack of Mana cards, but didn't want to pay the shipping charges so didn't).

On the other hand, if you collect cards for the exclusive purpose of reselling them, and that makes up a significant part of your actual income, I can see the disappointment.  The decks are selling for $6.95 on T11.  I saw one go for $83.00 on ebay the other day, that's a hell of a mark up for a deck that isn't even officially off the retail market yet.

« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »

Mago

between me and my friend we where able to get a brick. The key was just to keep on trying.The second time i order 3 it kinda went smooth. It took me only 7 minutes at tops.
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!

« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:00 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Stayed up till 3am NZ time to try for one deck. Gave up at 5am when I collapsed face first on my keyboard from exhaustion and frustration.

I'm not trying for it again. Will get it off the secondary market.

« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I guess it's where you're located... Because one second past availability, I was clicking and the server was crashed and I tried for a good hour... always errors... always... Glad to see so many of you were able to get so many decks - have fun r@p!ng everyone in the aftermarket... As Curt said the other day... The account was updated, I was signed in, and all I had to do was click in one second, but it was immediately unavailable... Guess I'll have no choice but to pick them up aftermarket because these are going in the collection...

Again, anyone looking to trade, sell, or both - let me know...

« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
here is a video about the white monarchs handling ..
try again next week .. i will be trying again too

« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
here is a video about the white monarchs handling ..
try again next week .. i will be trying again too

I can imagine some collectors who only buy them to either hoard or resell them going apoplectic seeing Andrei Jikh handling his deck like that!

The next release window is Friday, June 8th, 2012 at 11:00am EDT [250 Decks].

I saw someone on FB spreading the rumor that it would only be a 250-deck window next Friday.  Did you hear official word from T11?  The only comments I saw from them at the time said absolutely nothing about the quantity of decks they'd be offering next week.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2012, 01:19:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
They wrote the next window release on the bottom of the white monarch product page.
And they talked about that in the Expose this week.

But the time is different. There must be some mistake.
But for sure is 250 decks next friday.
Not sure about am or pm.

« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:08 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
There's a saying... "Pigs get fat... Hogs get slaughtered..."  Its said a lot in the sales profession and yes I am admittedly a little bitter that I was shut out for the second time getting one of my favorite decks of recent past... As I've written here, I've chosen to pass on quite a few decks as of late and when there's finally something I love and feel is worth my attention, well... you all know the rest... As for all of you looking to make a quick buck, just remember the saying...  Keep in mind - I'm all for capitalism and I've made a few bucks here and there on cards as well so I don't want to come off sounding like a hypocrite, but the fact that the average card collector and lover of cards doesn't have even a shot to pick up the decks in a fair manner, bothers me...  Good luck to you all... And all of you who actually like the deck and want to pick one up to add to your collection (rather than flip to make 30X the money you laid out)  I hope you are able to secure them... I've run into quite a few decent people here and I'm sure you will as well... Thanks, J.

« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2012, 04:53:46 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member

No, it really didn't work out well at all, and in spite of that, I'm going to bet everyone who is upset with Theory-11 will still be there next Friday clicking order and throwing money at them. 

In all honestly it's actually quite fascinating how a mass of people will complain about the performance of something and yet still flock to it like lambs to the slaughter.
Dude, you are so right. These past two weeks have been ridicoulus, and I made myself that way over cards. I am sure next weel will be the same thing. I am going out to buy some rogaine as I think the stress is making my hair fall out.

« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2012, 06:44:39 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
the thing about this release is either you get nothing or you get more than 6. that really pissed me off

« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »

vmagic

I had them in my cart, then checked out and clicked the complete order button and it said it was sold out. That was after an hour of waiting!
I'm really disappointed in T11 and how they're handling this.

Didn't you already get some last week?

« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2012, 09:24:52 AM »

vmagic

There's a saying... "Pigs get fat... Hogs get slaughtered..."  Its said a lot in the sales profession and yes I am admittedly a little bitter that I was shut out for the second time getting one of my favorite decks of recent past... As I've written here, I've chosen to pass on quite a few decks as of late and when there's finally something I love and feel is worth my attention, well... you all know the rest... As for all of you looking to make a quick buck, just remember the saying...  Keep in mind - I'm all for capitalism and I've made a few bucks here and there on cards as well so I don't want to come off sounding like a hypocrite, but the fact that the average card collector and lover of cards doesn't have even a shot to pick up the decks in a fair manner, bothers me...  Good luck to you all... And all of you who actually like the deck and want to pick one up to add to your collection (rather than flip to make 30X the money you laid out)  I hope you are able to secure them... I've run into quite a few decent people here and I'm sure you will as well... Thanks, J.

Couldn't have said it better! For once we agree on something, lol.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I didn't manage to pick up any of the White Monarch's, but I am a collector and I wouldn't mind a pair of them (bought 3 Tendril though :) ).  So yeah, next Friday sitting at my desk at 11am, Sure I'll pop over to their site and hope to buy a couple.  I don't know maybe I'm just too pragmatic to lose sleep over not being able to purchase a limited deck of cards (I really wanted a pack of Mana cards, but didn't want to pay the shipping charges so didn't).

On the other hand, if you collect cards for the exclusive purpose of reselling them, and that makes up a significant part of your actual income, I can see the disappointment.  The decks are selling for $6.95 on T11.  I saw one go for $83.00 on ebay the other day, that's a hell of a mark up for a deck that isn't even officially off the retail market yet.

If some people are selling cards for a large part of their income, then they definitely need to get a freakin job and stop screwing everyone else!

Btw, I proposed an idea to Theory11 last week that would give everyone a much fairer opportunity to buy the cards before anyone else could jump in and buy more. That would be, everyone must be signed up with an account on Theory11 and once they buy the Monarchs they wouldn't be allowed to buy them again for a certain time frame. If there was any available say after six hours or something, then you would be able to buy more. That way people around the world would have a fair opportunity to pick up 2 or 3, whatever the max is without other poeple buy 6 or 8 and then the decks selling out. Because the way I see it, there have been people getting these multiple times and many people not getting any at all, ain't a fair system at all in my opinion.

« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
If some people are selling cards for a large part of their income, then they definitely need to get a freakin job and stop screwing everyone else!

Well I could dive into a conversation about what we actually consider an honest living.  If you charge an outrageous amount of money for a non-necessity and people are willing to pay it.  Is it really a rip off? *coughAPPLEcough*

People choose to make their living in very unusual ways actually.  I read something online a few months ago about the average salary of a New York City street bum.  As an NYC resident, I'm sure Don could attest to it.  There are people in Manhattan that make $70-80K / year.  They live in a nice apartment, and every day, they dress up like a homeless person, and go wander 5th ave and central park begging for change.  If ever there was a deceitful profession...  So by comparison, I really don't think taking advantage of a seller's market and turning a deck of cards for a profit is that harmful or cruel.

« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
AceGambit, I couldn't agree more with you on many posts you've made. It's true that we are complaining yet we aren't changing our behavior. The thing is that one person deciding to resell a deck for a lower price than retail, or one collector deciding to not even try to order White Monarchs isn't enough to make companies and resellers stop screwing us over.