De'vo Blades: Blood Metal Edition

Author (Read 24261 times)

Re: De'vo Blades: Blood Metal Edition
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
De'Vo's releases and the Harlequin are the releases I am most looking forward to in the next few months. Also the Seasons.

I really hope the Metals have good handling, I have never handled a gilded deck but these will look good anyway.

I wouldn't count on good handling from the Metal version.  De'vo himself was hedging about how it would handle, basically saying that while it won't handle as well as some non-gilded decks, it'll handle better than other metal-edged decks out there.  But since those metal-edged decks by and large handle terribly, it's rather faint praise.  It's like saying your dog is cleaner than any of the pigs in the sty; you still wouldn't let it in the house unless you had a look for yourself, would you?  The statement is essentially meaningless in terms of evaluating the deck's handling.
well there is always the chance that they will work out good. If they even handled equal to a low quality bike that would be fine.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 04:52:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
De'Vo's releases and the Harlequin are the releases I am most looking forward to in the next few months. Also the Seasons.

I really hope the Metals have good handling, I have never handled a gilded deck but these will look good anyway.

I wouldn't count on good handling from the Metal version.  De'vo himself was hedging about how it would handle, basically saying that while it won't handle as well as some non-gilded decks, it'll handle better than other metal-edged decks out there.  But since those metal-edged decks by and large handle terribly, it's rather faint praise.  It's like saying your dog is cleaner than any of the pigs in the sty; you still wouldn't let it in the house unless you had a look for yourself, would you?  The statement is essentially meaningless in terms of evaluating the deck's handling.
well there is always the chance that they will work out good. If they even handled equal to a low quality bike that would be fine.

I think you missed something.  De'vo himself was saying the handling wouldn't be as good as ungilded decks, which would include Standard Bikes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in getting two packs myself.  But I'm just telling you don't expect anything out of them performance-wise.  That way, if they do perform even nearly-decent, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  If you expect them to perform at least as well as Bikes, you'll probably get disappointed.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
‎''The back of the Blood Metal Edition Blades tuck box. No ink, just black on black embossing. The flap has a beautiful embossed red foil star. This box is the sexiest box we've ever seen!'' - De'vo

The back of the box reminds me of DeckONE. But its definitely not "the sexiest box we've ever seen!''
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:25:58 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
‎''The back of the Blood Metal Edition Blades tuck box. No ink, just black on black embossing. The flap has a beautiful embossed red foil star. This box is the sexiest box we've ever seen!'' - De'vo

The back of the box reminds me of DeckONE. But its definitely not "the sexiest box we've ever seen!''

Sexiest box ever? No. Really nice? Yes.
I feel the simpler the better in terms of boxes. Also, I generally dislike embossing due to Porper's,  but this isn't "crazy" embossed, so it's fine with me.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I think you missed something.  De'vo himself was saying the handling wouldn't be as good as ungilded decks, which would include Standard Bikes.  Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in getting two packs myself.  But I'm just telling you don't expect anything out of them performance-wise.  That way, if they do perform even nearly-decent, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  If you expect them to perform at least as well as Bikes, you'll probably get disappointed.
Ok I didn`t see that. Whatever I will just hope that they handle ok.

Also that box looks very nice I really like the addition of that star. I hope the star sticks out into the opening flap.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:13:31 PM by Aaron »

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just found out that the 5 new products will go for sale on Friday, March 23rd and will ship out on Monday, March 26th!

"We just heard from the USPC and our Blades are ready to ship to our store. If all goes well, we plan on having our largest release on 26 March 2012. Due to scrap rates, we will have a very very limited amount of regular Blood Editions which we may or may not make more of. We will offer a very special 3 deck Variety pack for only $19.99 and a 6 deck variety pack for $39.99 having 1 or 2 each of our 3 brand new decks - Blades Blood Edition, Blades Blood METAL Edition (Silver Gilded) and our hilarious "Pro-Cardistry" deck(April Fools). The LIMITED EDITION Blood Wood XCM Boxes and Blood Porpers will also be for sale. Don't miss our largest release in history! A full trailer showing the products will be released on 26 March prior to the items going for sale. We can't wait to show you all the greatness!" - De'vo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:42:39 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Just found out that the 5 new products will go for sale on Friday, March 23rd and will ship out on Monday, March 26th!

"We just heard from the USPC and our Blades are ready to ship to our store. If all goes well, we plan on having our largest release on 26 March 2012. Due to scrap rates, we will have a very very limited amount of regular Blood Editions which we may or may not make more of. We will offer a very special 3 deck Variety pack for only $19.99 and a 6 deck variety pack for $39.99 having 1 or 2 each of our 3 brand new decks - Blades Blood Edition, Blades Blood METAL Edition (Silver Gilded) and our hilarious "Pro-Cardistry" deck(April Fools). The LIMITED EDITION Blood Wood XCM Boxes and Blood Porpers will also be for sale. Don't miss our largest release in history! A full trailer showing the products will be released on 26 March prior to the items going for sale. We can't wait to show you all the greatness!" - De'vo

You just posted that on every De'Vo thread. There really is no need to post it everywhere. Try not to do those double and triple posts please. I don't think anybody is a big fan of it
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Sounds sweet, I just got paid recently and I am going to get 3 of each deck :) :)

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Does anyone know if the bundles will come in a special set, like David Blaine does, or not? Either way, I like all of these decks, and depending on my funds I may order some!

I feel like I'm the only one excited for the Pro-Cardistry Deck!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Does anyone know if the bundles will come in a special set, like David Blaine does, or not? Either way, I like all of these decks, and depending on my funds I may order some!

What do you mean by special set? It's just 1 of each deck or 2 of each deck.

And no, you aren't the only one! I've been excited for it since I first heard about it!

« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

What do you mean by special set? It's just 1 of each deck or 2 of each deck.

And no, you aren't the only one! I've been excited for it since I first heard about it!

When I firs heard about the bundles I was picturing them in a special box of sorts, but then I thought about it more and I realized that I was most likely wrong, so I was just wondering , but have since realized I am most likely wrong.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
 "Today the Blood Edition arrived at the store, and unfortunately all of the Blood Metal Editions tucks are damaged. We can't sell them like this. The good news is that the regular Blood Editions look fantastic! So we will still launch this Friday with the regular Bloods and the Pro Cardistry Decks, the Blood Wood XCM boxes.... and we're still not sure about the Porpers at this time. We also do not know what's going to happen with the Blood Metals. They will hopefully be for sale at a later time once the problems get solved. We'll post more once we know what's going on. Thanks for the understanding! HL TEAM" - De'vo

I was looking forward to trying out a gilded deck! I hope he gets it fixed and sells them later on.

Also, doesn't seem like De'vo's decks always get messed up or leaked? Karma?

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
That seems bizarre. Unless they are being flippant with the use of 'all', all the tuck boxes were damaged? Someone at the distribution centre must have a Vendetta. Maybe it was one of The Blue Crown crew trying to sabotage the release on the same day as their release of Vaudeville? ;D

I was more looking forward to the Blood Metal edition than the Blood edition, but oh well; que será será.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That sucks, I was looking forward to these :(

I am guessing that there was alot of throwing around of the decks in shipping or a problem in printing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:48:36 PM by Aaron »

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It does seem odd that "all" of them could be damaged. I could see how perhaps if a one gross box got squished or dropped or something, but even that would affect only a few inside. I'm curious how more than perhaps a few bricks could get that bad as to be unsellable. Odd.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That seems bizarre. Unless they are being flippant with the use of 'all', all the tuck boxes were damaged? Someone at the distribution centre must have a Vendetta. Maybe it was one of The Blue Crown crew trying to sabotage the release on the same day as their release of Vaudeville? ;D

I was more looking forward to the Blood Metal edition than the Blood edition, but oh well; que será será.

It could have been distribution, but it could also have been manufacturing.  The boxes may have had a simple defect in the design that was automatically built into all the tucks printed.  Any tuck box that isn't standard sized and flat, USPC farms out to third-party contractors.  Even the Bee tucks are all farmed out - they don't print them at USPC.  Then there's the possibility that damaged occurred when the tucks were being filled, or being sealed, or being wrapped, etc.  No shortage of possible ways - while USPC may be on the lookout for such errors, evidence has shown they're never 100% on the ball in their operations, even with computer-controlled QC measures built into their systems.

It does seem odd that "all" of them could be damaged. I could see how perhaps if a one gross box got squished or dropped or something, but even that would affect only a few inside. I'm curious how more than perhaps a few bricks could get that bad as to be unsellable. Odd.

...which leads me more and more to believe it would have happened in manufacturer.  Though "damage" is a vague term - could be the truck's roof leaked and the damage was water-related...

Another possibility was that something else went wrong on their end, and rather than own up to it they chose to say "the boxes were damaged" to explain the delay.  Wouldn't be the first time a company tried to cover up one of its own mistakes.

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2012, 12:22:52 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
From Facebook Handlordz:

So we are going to go with the normal printed red back design on the back of the Blood Metals. Having said that, we kept a handful of the embossed black on black even though there are some minor rubbing on them. That will make these extremely rare cards from an already LIMITED EDITION!! We may have a contest for a pack in the near future if you are interested in getting your handz on these.

Kinda seems a little fishy, is it possibly they planned this all along?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:23:45 AM by Aaron »

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
From Facebook Handlordz:

So we are going to go with the normal printed red back design on the back of the Blood Metals. Having said that, we kept a handful of the embossed black on black even though there are some minor rubbing on them. That will make these extremely rare cards from an already LIMITED EDITION!! We may have a contest for a pack in the near future if you are interested in getting your handz on these.

agreed, oh we happen to have a rare deck and since they are damaged we will keep a few for ya guys. making them more rare means a higher price, bet after these sell he has the others and will sell them saying not as rare as the damaged.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:17 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
From Facebook Handlordz:

I didn't understand any of what they posted.  ??? What do they mean 'we are going to go with'? Haven't the decks already been printed and shipped to them and arrived damaged? Nor do I see how the damaged ones are extremely rare if 'all' of them were damaged. If all of them were damaged it would make non-damaged ones extremely rare :o

God, I hate the words 'rare' and 'limited edition' these days. Stick a booger on the back and it's rare.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was losing interest in these De'vo decks due to financial considerations, but with all this crap and hoopla, I'm totally off them.  I have no plans to buy any of the three.

« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
i was tempted to get myself all three decks on friday but if i rethink it...nope will not get any of de vo's decks.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I might get the april fools deck, seems interesting still but might pass on the others.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They're trying to artificially create a "Gold Monarchs" situation, claiming there were defective decks but, oh look, we saved a few, and what do you know, we have backup boxes waiting in the wings already to "repackage" the decks in?  What the hell is up with that?

It's planned and premeditated, that's what.

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I would personally rather get the April Fools deck. JMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I would personally rather get the April Fools deck. JMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4
You can't even try to compare the two decks... they are completely different and designs for completely different reasons.