Watermelons.  By far my favorite deck.
I have no signature.

Re: Favorite Deck?
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 07:31:52 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
My best guess at total decks owned would be over nine hundred.

Whoaaa, that's awesome.
Wanna see pics of your collections. :)

Watermelons.  By far my favorite deck.
My favorite deck is watermelon too, and also arcane set.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
My best guess at total decks owned would be over nine hundred.

Whoaaa, that's awesome.
Wanna see pics of your collections. :)

I posted it in the collections topic.  I linked to it earlier in this thread.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:28 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
black crown deck

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
black crown deck

I do love the black crown deck!! Its simply yet super elegant. How come it's your favorite deck?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
black crown deck

I do love the black crown deck!! Its simply yet super elegant. How come it's your favorite deck?
A friend of mine has one and says that his handles horribly. Was that true for you guyz too?

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
black crown deck

A friend of mine has one and says that his handles horribly. Was that true for you guyz too?

No it seemed fine to me!! It was incredible, but it really wasn't that bad. Overall I really really like the deck. The box is amazing, the backs are awesome and the cards are good! I would suggest trying to snag some before the price gets any higher.

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
black crown deck

No it seemed fine to me!! It was incredible, but it really wasn't that bad. Overall I really really like the deck. The box is amazing, the backs are awesome and the cards are good! I would suggest trying to snag some before the price gets any higher.

I agree with brown_baggs, get them while they're not gold arcanes or red artfices yet!
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
@Don - How can you be collecting for a bit more than a year and have almost 900 decks? That's almost 3 per day. I'm happy if I get 3 per month! Will you be able to post a video of your collection? I like them better than pictures.
Anyways, I am getting some black crowns. :D

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:40 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
black crown deck

I agree with brown_baggs, get them while they're not gold arcanes or red artfices yet!

Yeah they are already priced pretty high, and I expect that these will only go up in value. It's a very nice deck and I'm really glad that I got a chance to add some to my collection!! I would pick up at least two if I didn't have some already.

@Don - How can you be collecting for a bit more than a year and have almost 900 decks? That's almost 3 per day. I'm happy if I get 3 per month! Will you be able to post a video of your collection? I like them better than pictures.

That is actually a really good question!! I have been collecting for almost twice that time and I don't have nearly that many. Granted I don't buy every deck that comes out right away and I don't make many huge orders. That's an insane rate of growth for a collection!  ??? I wouldn't mind seeing a video either.

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 11:47:28 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
black crown deck

I've heard people say they hated the crown decks, but loved some other deck that happened to have the same stock and finish. People need to realize that more often than not, a deck that doesn't fan is a defective deck.

Anyway, in terms of design my favorite would have to be Artifice, but I've been using my Aristocrats a lot lately because I just LOVE the stock. I can't wait to get my style decks to have an idea of what it's like with magic finish.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 12:10:07 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
black crown deck

I've heard people say they hated the crown decks, but loved some other deck that happened to have the same stock and finish. People need to realize that more often than not, a deck that doesn't fan is a defective deck.

Anyway, in terms of design my favorite would have to be Artifice, but I've been using my Aristocrats a lot lately because I just LOVE the stock. I can't wait to get my style decks to have an idea of what it's like with magic finish.
Yes, I think you are right, Moon. I also checked out CardsRFun's review for more info and it seems like he has had the same issue. And I have also had it with my green crowns v2.
CardsRFun's review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XlsIRWpb_w

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

That is actually a really good question!! I have been collecting for almost twice that time and I don't have nearly that many. Granted I don't buy every deck that comes out right away and I don't make many huge orders. That's an insane rate of growth for a collection!  ??? I wouldn't mind seeing a video either.

Yeah, you should see my credit card bills...  :(  This doesn't count ANY of my magic/gaff decks.  That might push the collection over a thousand.

At first I convinced myself it was a necessity for a magician - my first magic order was for some cards and DVDs from E.  It didn't take long to realize I was as enamored of the decks as I was of the magic.  I'd always love playing cards as a kid - they fit in your pocket, you can play games by yourself or with others, do tricks with them, and they're mostly pretty cheap.  My grandfather was an inveterate card player, so I think I got the bug from him.

I'll see about doing a video.  No guarantees.  I'm a bit under the weather now.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Yeah, you should see my credit card bills...  :(  This doesn't count ANY of my magic/gaff decks.  That might push the collection over a thousand.

At first I convinced myself it was a necessity for a magician - my first magic order was for some cards and DVDs from E.  It didn't take long to realize I was as enamored of the decks as I was of the magic.  I'd always love playing cards as a kid - they fit in your pocket, you can play games by yourself or with others, do tricks with them, and they're mostly pretty cheap.  My grandfather was an inveterate card player, so I think I got the bug from him.

I'll see about doing a video.  No guarantees.  I'm a bit under the weather now.
Wow. Everything you say surprises me even more! My grandpa is also a card player. He plays a french game called Belote whenever he can. He even invented a 2-player version so he can play with me or my grand-ma. However he never buys new decks: his newest one was offered by a friend of his before the Algerian War (over 50 years ago!) and they club up so much its indescribable. I went and saw him for Christmas and bought him a brick of standard bikes and about 10 T11 decks. I didn't give him more because he isn't too fan of the american court cards (q for queen, k for king, A for ace): he's used to the french way (d for queen, r for king, 1 for ace, v for jack etc) and also he doesn't like the fact that there are indexes only on 2 of the 4 corners!

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
My favorite deck is now probably either my Vietnam Aces deck or S&M V6
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 01:01:07 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I only have one GIF for you Don....
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28:27 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i have not use the black crown deck really much .. will tell you guy what i think about the deck , black one handle better or bllue green red .. Cardsrfun a youtube channel has review alot of deck review and he also say that the black one do not handle so greaat .. i dun really know but i like the black the most

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:42 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
For now I really like playing with the friar club decks.
Glad I got few last orange ones.

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I only have one GIF for you Don....

[BLUSH].  Dude...  :))

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »

chdmagicdude

• Discourse Lover

• YouTube:
i like the dan and dave fantastique
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:57:01 AM by chdmagicdude »

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
my favorite deck is the artifice deck .

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think my favorite deck (not of my own design) is an even split between Fantastique and Artifice. I love the back design and use of metallics on Fantastique, but the full custom nature of Artifice is excellent as well.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Mine would be either Artifice or Infinity