''GOLD CROWN ANNOUNCEMENT: Gold Reserve Private Sale''

Author (Read 8023 times)

Re: ''GOLD CROWN ANNOUNCEMENT: Gold Reserve Private Sale''
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Weren't these supposed to be an ultra limited release because of the rarity of the printing and they were supposed to be only for their employees, and so on and so forth... Now you can order a brick, when a few weeks ago the only way to get them was to spend over $100 on other merchandise?  I don't really feel great about this whole thing...

They've made the changes they made simply because their customers requested it, plain and simple.  If the people who support your company want you to do something, why would you choose not to?

They said that they printed much less than 2500, yet we can buy each buy a brick of them...

When did they release the quantity printed?

BTW: you can buy as many as you want - only 12 per order, but you can make multiple orders, paying separate shipping for each order.

I went for 2 decks (got already 2 Gold Crowns..else i would have gone for 5 decks)

The Gold Crown Deck        2    $35.90
Subtotal    $35.90
Shipping & Handling    $10.68
Gift Certificates:    $0.00
Grand Total    $46.58

Don´t be greedy and btw its 1hr 20mins after my window had openend at 8pm EST....so no rush in my group

Where are you shipping from, because $10 for shipping two decks is a little bit high.

I'm in cosmicsecret's group as well, the first one.  I let it slide, though - much as I would have loved a few extra Gold Crown decks, there are many others on the market and forthcoming that I want as well.

BTW: as stated in the emails for those interested in this sale, DO NOT RELEASE YOUR LINK FOR YOUR PURCHASE WINDOW.  They'll likely be checking orders against email addresses and won't honor outside attempts to buy.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Well, like I had stated before when they first released the Gold Crowns.  Im not gonna spend $100 on items I already have or dont want to get one Gold Crown deck.  I will however gladly pay $17.95 per deck.  Just goes to show you that good things do come to those who are patient and can wait.  Im as happy as could be right now. ;)
- Adam

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I went for 2 decks (got already 2 Gold Crowns..else i would have gone for 5 decks)

The Gold Crown Deck        2    $35.90
Subtotal    $35.90
Shipping & Handling    $10.68
Gift Certificates:    $0.00
Grand Total    $46.58

Don´t be greedy and btw its 1hr 20mins after my window had openend at 8pm EST....so no rush in my group

Where are you shipping from, because $10 for shipping two decks is a little bit high.

That's why decks of cards can't be very successfull in Europe. Shipping normally represents the price of 1 or 2 decks. I've paid US$13 for my decks and I thought it was cheap!
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
So I have heard that the first 2 groups have already gotten there chance to grab some Gold Crown decks.  I must be in the 3rd group because I havent recieved an email yet on my window.  Anybody know when the 3rd group gets a chance?
- Adam

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »

billysac

So I have heard that the first 2 groups have already gotten there chance to grab some Gold Crown decks.  I must be in the 3rd group because I havent recieved an email yet on my window.  Anybody know when the 3rd group gets a chance?

Nor have I received any notification as of yet.

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

Cardist888

Im probably also in the third group thing  :) um i know this an odd question and has nothin to do with gold crowns but u guys know about the seronda autographed decks right? Im askin cause its still not sold out

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I guess I'm in the third group as well. I'll be waiting to get the deck. I wonder how many decks they've sold with the whole "Oh, this decks is limited...Oh, wait...You can buy it in a few days" deal

um i know this an odd question and has nothin to do with gold crowns but u guys know about the seronda autographed decks right? Im askin cause its still not sold out

If it has "nothin to do with the gold crowns", than create a new thread or post it on a pre-existing one with the same theme.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Those with the third release window should have got their e-mail by now. It's the third and final release window.

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »

Cardist888

Rrr right im kinda thinkn about not gettin it im not sure yet. 22$ (plus shipping) is a lot for a deck

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 03:57:22 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I thought about getting one, but not knowing how many are made and available, I think that $18/deck is too much. Without the number of these known, I can't evaluate their actual rarity and value, so it's a pass for me. The gold is neat and all but I already have crown decks.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »

Cardist888

I thought about getting one, but not knowing how many are made and available, I think that $18/deck is too much. Without the number of these known, I can't evaluate their actual rarity and value, so it's a pass for me. The gold is neat and all but I already have crown decks.
Gonna have to agreee with u too. Pass to much $$$$$

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Although you guys passed, I happened to get one. Here's what I don't understand: How come The Blue Crown stated that you will receive a notice 12 hours before your window opened, but you only received a notice three hours ahead of time? Luckily, I had enough money and I was able to claim my $22 deck.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 02:19:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Although you guys passed, I happened to get one. Here's what I don't understand: How come The Blue Crown stated that you will receive a notice 12 hours before your window opened, but you only received a notice three hours ahead of time? Luckily, I had enough money and I was able to claim my $22 deck.

I had my notice nearly a full day ahead.  Sometimes emails get caught in the back alleys of the Internet and take a bit longer than planned to arrive...

While I don't know for certain, I think this is in a run of not more than 5,000 - and it could be even less than that, maybe even only 2,500 or less.  Suffice it to say that it's not a terribly common deck.

If forced to guess, I'd think 2,500 or less.  It could be a reason for the pricing.  Shorter runs, when they even accommodate them, are really costly per deck.

I did end up caving and buying three to go with the two I already have.

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
@Don, on their facebook, they stated in a comment that MUCH less than 2500 were printed.

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 11:55:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@Don, on their facebook, they stated in a comment that MUCH less than 2500 were printed.

I've been away for a while so I haven't had time to dig into old TBC comments on posts.  But I did predict, without knowing the amount or seeing the comment, 2,500 decks or less.

I was more than a little surprised at all the whiners that were leaving comments about why they had to "pay $100 to get one deck" and then they were sold for $17.95.  They seem to have completely forgotten that their hundred bucks wasn't for just a Gold Crown deck...

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »

Mago

Well im no card expert on evaluating the price on a deck but i have been collecting cards for about 2 years,  does a run amount count effect the price  yes it does. but   only to a extent. And let me explain why, in the past few month a lot of decks have been funded tru kickstarter and some of them had print runs of 2500 to 5000, now does there print run make them value on such a level as the red artifice or gold acarne"no it doesnt" why because a deck yes indeed is evaluated  on a print run but what gives a deck more value is the company that is producing it.I personally can create a deck  (5000 print run) and out of all does make 200 or less different by adding a gold ink or a rare sealed but that is not going to create a value for it, Because im not A big company with a lot fame and followers. Now as for the gold crown if you really want this deck but you think 17 was  a lot for the deck well i hate to break it to u but imagine if the company was selling it for this price the second market is most def going to be more. And to finish it off let say the print run is 5000 that is still considered limited edition for a big company such as E , theory 11 and ect
"A deck of cards is  like a bottle of wine the older the better"!!!!